eaves - 3G 2A +2

10:58 TOI/G

3:03 SH TOI/G

hudler - 1G 4A -5

12:33 TOI/G

0:00 SH TOI/G

Edited by Stolberg

only one PP goal has been scored while eaves has been on the ice

With the way he's been playing, they can NOT sit him anymore... the problem is, Miller doesn't deserve it with his play either... which leaves us back to.............. this board is gonna get ugly for Hudles if this keeps up

With the way he's been playing, they can NOT sit him anymore... the problem is, Miller doesn't deserve it with his play either... which leaves us back to.............. this board is gonna get ugly for Hudles if this keeps up

Miller has not been all that special. If anyone should sit it is him.

I heard Hudler was going to play for the Wings this year after his stint in the KHL. When is he expected to join the team?

- Miller and Eaves should be in...

Edited by Rivalred

I still have to ask this: What exactly has Modano done? Both he and Hudler had great games a while back that we thought would jump start them...and nothing. I'm okay with both of them left in the lineup at this point, but if we're talking about someone sitting, why shouldn't Modano be considered, too? At this point every single play has made themselves invaluable except for the following:

Hudler

Modano

Holmstrom (I hate to say this because we all know how truly valuable he is, he just hasn't been as effective for whatever reason)

Homer shouldn't sit because we all know he works hard and is a necessary part of the team. That only leaves Modano and Hudler. Everyone else (even Miller) is contributing.

I'm okay with both of them left in the lineup at this point, but if we're talking about someone sitting, why shouldn't Modano be considered, too?

Part of being a coach in the highest level of hockey (or any profession for that matter) is massaging egos. I remember Bert last year wasn't all that great to start. At least in my opinion he wasn't. But Babcock seemed to praise him every time someone in the media brought him up. Months later Babs starts to act tough on him. Bert was not allowed to play within the top six unless he was willing to play a Holmstrom like role. He praised him for his work early on but then started to demand a lot more once he got settled. Maybe that's just part of the way they have to deal with some veterans, especially a guy like Modano who some believe to be far away from being low maintenance.

Not saying I agree. To the best of my perception, it is what it is.

Part of being a coach in the highest level of hockey (or any profession for that matter) is massaging egos. I remember Bert last year wasn't all that great to start. At least in my opinion he wasn't. But Babcock seemed to praise him every time someone in the media brought him up. Months later Babs starts to act tough on him. Bert was not allowed to play within the top six unless he was willing to play a Holmstrom like role. He praised him for his work early on but then started to demand a lot more once he got settled. Maybe that's just part of the way they have to deal with some veterans, especially a guy like Modano who some believe to be far away from being low maintenance.

Not saying I agree. To the best of my perception, it is what it is.

Just to elaborate on this, having Modano in good spirits come playoff time could pay HUGE dividends. Quite frankly, I don't think we brought in a guy like Modano for what he's going to bring in the 82 game preseason. Babcock realizes this and as such, is going to give him every opportunity to get his game going. I want Eaves to play just as much as the next guy but I have to believe that Modano could be a more valuable asset than either Miller or Eaves.

Edit:Thread updated as well

Edited by thedatsyukian

Guest screwdahawks

Jesus... What the hell is Eaves on? Not sure what it may be but I think I'd like to try a dose or seven.

This guy is just a joy to watch. Anyone watching that clip would think Eaves had scored instead of Helms.

Thought Eaves was very, very good tonight. He even took a shift or two with Dats and Hank, I wonder if that was reward for his great play? He was full of energy, he had a couple of golden scoring chances (one off the post), he was hitting, and was strong on the PK. Love the guy. :thumbup:

Thought Eaves was very, very good tonight. He even took a shift or two with Dats and Hank, I wonder if that was reward for his great play? He was full of energy, he had a couple of golden scoring chances (one off the post), he was hitting, and was strong on the PK. Love the guy. :thumbup:

I just wish we could see what he'd be like on the third line with more responsibilities on the offensive end. A line of Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves sounds like a decent idea as far as offense from the third line goes. How is it that Miller gets Hudler's spot?