• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/23 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Homer's cooled off but he has certainly contributed heavily at the start of the season; he's not going to be on all the time. Bert seemed like he was on the verge of being a threat early on and couldn't catch a break, but he's been straight up bad lately.

This.

All I'm saying is it's odd that Babcock is willing to shake Z's line up tonight while he left Datsyuk's line togther.

I don't care what happens with Datsyuk's line-- blend it up. Hell, throw Miller and May on the fricking 1st. All I know is that this version hasn't worked yet.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom has yet to show anything worth watching (aside from turn-overs).

This.

All I'm saying is it's odd that Babcock is willing to shake Z's line up tonight while he left Datsyuk's line togther.

I don't care what happens with Datsyuk's line-- blend it up. Hell, throw Miller and May on the fricking 1st. All I know is that this version hasn't worked yet.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom has yet to show anything worth watching (aside from turn-overs).

I'll agree with that. Just didn't like saying how Bertuzzi is the only thing killing the line.

It will be interesting to see what Babcock does with Leino. Leino and Pavel have had interesting chemistry in the past.

It's been Holmstrom. Holmstrom doesn't backcheck, he skates like he has cement shoes, he can't keep the puck along the wall, he can't skate the puck up ice, he can't pass and he can't shoot. Having a guy on the top line who does NOTHING but screen and tip in is a complete waste when he can't do anything else.

Bertuzzi's job is to be the shooter. WHY DOESN'T HE SHOOT WHEN HE GETS THE PUCK?!? How many times have you screamed shoot at him? I did at least 5 times tonight. If Bertuzzi wants to score he should shoot 10 times a night. The best players take the most shots.

Honestly, the only thing that made this game satisfying was Miller's "Hey look I'm Zetterberg" goal and Ericsson's assist. It's nice to see Big Rig pick another helper up (I swear to god- no bitching about him tonight, he was fine aside from not playing the side of the net aggressively enough on the 1st PP goal, although I think he expected Ozzy to hold that puck and was surprised when he released that rebound).

Bertuzzi's job is to be the shooter. WHY DOESN'T HE SHOOT WHEN HE GETS THE PUCK?!? How many times have you screamed shoot at him? I did at least 5 times tonight. If Bertuzzi wants to score he should shoot 10 times a night. The best players take the most shots.

He is 2nd on the team in shots, it's not like he isn't getting anything on net.

But yeah he makes some pretty bad decisions, but that's what happens when injuries happen you have to play players out of their role. Babcock obviously thinks Bertuzzi is the best option out of the available players, and he really has been getting the chances.

I'll give you that, he's definitely trying to make the pass and too often there's no one there to receive it. For once we could actually use a floater like Hull or Lang :)

I believe the main problem with the top 2 lines is we dont have enough finishers. as it stands the only real finisher on those 2 lines is Zetterberg. Holmstrom has some goals but he is in no way a finisher. Its no secret he isnt standing out in the slot hammering pucks home. So the problem is.. Do you put Datsyuk with Zetterberg and say to hell with the 2nd line.. Or hope that Bertuzzi starts finishing something.. anything at all.. As it stands now it just doesnt work.. Datsyuk has no one on his line to set up.. and Zetterberg isnt having much better luck on the 2nd line being set up.. All I can think of is once Flip is back stick him on the 2nd to set up Z and pop Leino up to the first line to hopefully finish some. He cant really do any worse than Bertuzzi.

He had a chance; he fanned on it, recovered, and then shot the puck wide. Then he had a nice spinaround backhand into Renne's catching glove. At least it wasn't a spinaround backhand pass to a Nashville player.

Injuries are showing and the officials were brutal. They missed multiple tripping, hooking and obstruction penalties. Yet they called that weak one on Holmstrom? The call on Bert was legit... but the hooking call on Holmer was BS. Then they let Preds get away real hooks.

Bert was a good tonight even though he is still snake bitten. I think Babs should mix up the 1st line. Miller looks great on the 2nd line, but I'm sure it's more of a shake up move than anything. Dats line needs a shake up.

Ralfi is brutal. He's not playing to his potential, he seems very lazy and uninterested in hockey. Isn't there a clause in the contract that states he must play to the best of his abilities? Because hasn't been playing good at all.

I see everyone is being hard on Ericsson, Lebda and Meech.. But the real problem I see is a 6 million dollar defensemen playing like a 3/4 million dollar 6th dman. I'm not happy with him at all.

I love the Helm / Eaves / Draps line, but they really don't seem like a threat. Why not try Eaves on the first line and put Bert on the 3rd or 4th line? It might give him a reality check. Plus he'll be up against less skill oppositions 3rd/4th liners and it might help rebuild his confidence.

He is 2nd on the team in shots, it's not like he isn't getting anything on net.

But yeah he makes some pretty bad decisions, but that's what happens when injuries happen you have to play players out of their role. Babcock obviously thinks Bertuzzi is the best option out of the available players, and he really has been getting the chances.

If he's second in shots then I'm obviously exaggerating. Still, come on man! He's giving up golden shooting opportunities every night!

Plus we lost 3-1 to the Predators and I had to listen to train whistles and country music for 3 hours. Who else am I going to rag on?

If he's second in shots then I'm obviously exaggerating. Still, come on man! He's giving up golden shooting opportunities every night!

Plus we lost 3-1 to the Predators and I had to listen to train whistles and country music for 3 hours. Who else am I going to rag on?

May for not being the crap out of Tootoo? :D

It's going to be interesting to see how Babcock changes the lines. I'm really wondering what he is doing with Leino.

Sounds like I missed another great game <_<

In fairness, the Wings played really good at times. The better part of the 2nd period and 3rd was great. I blame this loss on lack scoring finishers (their goalie is the hottest in the league and he showed why) and our PK misses Kronwall.

The refs did favor the preds with calls/non calls. They called Homer for a weak hook and then let Preds hook, clutch and trip all game long with no penalties. It was one sided.

Despite the score, it's another game Wings should have won.. and had they had one element (one of Kronwall, Franzen or Flip), we'd likely had walked away with 2 pts.

Injuries are showing and the officials were brutal. They missed multiple tripping, hooking and obstruction penalties. Yet they called that weak one on Holmstrom? The call on Bert was legit... but the hooking call on Holmer was BS. Then they let Preds get away real hooks.

Bert was a good tonight even though he is still snake bitten. I think Babs should mix up the 1st line. Miller looks great on the 2nd line, but I'm sure it's more of a shake up move than anything. Dats line needs a shake up.

Ralfi is brutal. He's not playing to his potential, he seems very lazy and uninterested in hockey. Isn't there a clause in the contract that states he must play to the best of his abilities? Because hasn't been playing good at all.

I see everyone is being hard on Ericsson, Lebda and Meech.. But the real problem I see is a 6 million dollar defensemen playing like a 3/4 million dollar 6th dman. I'm not happy with him at all.

I love the Helm / Eaves / Draps line, but they really don't seem like a threat. Why not try Eaves on the first line and put Bert on the 3rd or 4th line? It might give him a reality check. Plus he'll be up against less skill oppositions 3rd/4th liners and it might help rebuild his confidence.

Dude I've been driving the don't chirp Ericsson, chirp Rafalski bus all year. :lol: Of course I threw Meech and Lebda under that bus long ago, so it's not that I'm incredibly generous, I just wish Rafalski would play like he's capable of playing, especially defensively.

Offensively, we need Lidstrom to get off the easy chair and start taking some damn shots. Lidstrom's shot per game average has fallen over the last 3 seasons and so has his offensive output. Is that a coincidence? Of course not! Lidstrom is at his best when he gets his accurate, cleverly placed shots off from the point as often as possible.

This.

Babs moves everyone else when they are not performing (i.e. Leino), so why not Bert. God, I feel like Pav is ******* Jacob Marley out there, and his chains are Homer and Bert.

I know I kept shouting "Shoot the ******* puck, BERT!" I'm really convinced that when they play at JLA the fans need to hold up cue cards that spell "Shoot, Bert!" like the ones from Forrest Gump that read "Run!" and "Stop!" to tell Bert the Retard how to play friggin' hockey. It wouldn't give the opp. goal anymore warning than Bert is already giving them now.

In fairness, the Wings played really good at times. The better part of the 2nd period and 3rd was great. I blame this loss on lack scoring finishers (their goalie is the hottest in the league and he showed why) and our PK misses Kronwall.

The refs did favor the preds with calls/non calls. They called Homer for a weak hook and then let Preds hook, clutch and trip all game long with no penalties. It was one sided.

Despite the score, it's another game Wings should have won.. and had they had one element (one of Kronwall, Franzen or Flip), we'd likely had walked away with 2 pts.

Zetterberg's inability to draw calls despite being swarmed by the Preds is a good example of how the reffing was off tonight. They only went to the box twice even though they had 3 guys swarming on Z all night. How many hacks, hooks and awkward sexual advances must Zetterberg endure from the predators in one night?

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Offensively, we need Lidstrom to get off the easy chair and start taking some damn shots. Lidstrom's shot per game average has fallen over the last 3 seasons and so has his offensive output. Is that a coincidence? Of course not! Lidstrom is at his best when he gets his accurate, cleverly placed shots off from the point as often as possible.

He's passing up a lot of shots. Tonight was no different than most; when Lids had the puck on the PP, he had chances to shoot but usually passed to Z or one of the other forwards on the half-boards.

He's passing up enough shots that I'm a little suspicious that the wrist injury from last season never fully healed and maybe won't until he has surgery. I may have missed something, but I never heard Lidstrom or the Wings address the status or outcome of that injury after the season ended. Maybe I'm reaching, but I wonder.

Babs moves everyone else when they are not performing (i.e. Leino), so why not Bert. God, I feel like Pav is ******* Jacob Marley out there, and his chains are Homer and Bert.

I know I kept shouting "Shoot the ******* puck, BERT!" I'm really convinced that when they play at JLA the fans need to hold up cue cards that spell "Shoot, Bert!" like the ones from Forrest Gump that read "Run!" and "Stop!" to tell Bert the Retard how to play friggin' hockey. It wouldn't give the opp. goal anymore warning than Bert is already giving them now.

:lol: Jacob Marley

Zetterberg's inability to draw calls despite being swarmed by the Preds is a good example of how the reffing was off tonight. They only went to the box twice even though they had 3 guys swarming on Z all night. How many hacks, hooks and awkward sexual advances must Zetterberg endure from the predators in one night?

Those damn Nashville Sexual Predators.. 2 Minutes For.. Inapproriate conduct?.. doesnt matter.. save up your energy.. you'll need it for being a Mod next game on Red Wings Live.. haha.

I can't believe he chose to pass in the third when he had that glorious chance to shoot in the slot. That was disgusting.

And Bert is horrible with Datsyuk, we desperately need Flip back to Pav and Z can play together.