• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Tomas Tatar

Rate this topic

Holmstrom and Maltby need to go. It's that simple.

Holmstrom is 1st on the Red Wings in goals. How can you say that. And Maltby deserves to be in the minors but he will play the rest of his contract with the Wings. That being said he provides experience and leadership that a prospect can't bring in. It isn't that simple buddy. Datsyuk and Zetterberg would not be the players they are without Draper, Maltby, and the many other Veterans on the Red Wings the past 6-7 seasons. The number of veterans on the Wings is what makes us the most successful franchise the past 20 years. Veterans don't make rookie mistakes and don't have learning curves, they know what to do and get their job done.

Holmstrom and Maltby need to go. It's that simple.

I'd like to see a topic where you made a post wherein you did not indicate your desire to see the leading goalscorer off the top 6/team.

As for Maltby, he's an old vet on the last leg of a small dollar contract playing as the 13th forward. I'm not even sure what your issue there is.

I'd like to see a topic where you made a post wherein you did not indicate your desire to see the leading goalscorer off the top 6/team.

As for Maltby, he's an old vet on the last leg of a small dollar contract playing as the 13th forward. I'm not even sure what your issue there is.

He makes it quite apparent throughout the thread how uninformed he is about the Red Wings organization. The Red Wings have been using the patience with prospects and stock up with veterans philosophy for 20 years now, and they have been the most successful team in all of hockey and arguably all of sports in that time frame. So why change our philosophy?

Griffins Stream

The Griffs are playing Rockford tonight. It doesnt look like it, but if the IceFags are anything like they have been the past few years it will be a pretty physical (and cheap) game.

Come on FishSticks! Show us what ya got!

Tatar got robbed of a goal by the intent to blow the whistle rule.

Drake, I'm so sorry...

God that was a bulls*** call. Someone tell me what exactly the Red Wings and its affiliates have perpetuated against hockey officals in North America. Cos whatever it was, it must've been pretty bad...

:ranting:

Anyway, after all the posts about Tatar getting some time in the Wings lineup this year... He isn't even getting full minutes in GR yet, if tonight's game is anything to go by. I think it's probably a sensible approach though. To try and genuinely develop him over time, particularly the physical aspect. When he was on the ice tonight he certainly looked really good. He looked like a player. :thumbup:

God that was a bulls*** call. Someone tell me what exactly the Red Wings and its affiliates have perpetuated against hockey officals in North America. Cos whatever it was, it must've been pretty bad...

:ranting:

They... won a cup with a European captain and a team with a majority of European players? Typical politics.