• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Tomas Tatar

Rate this topic

Watched the Griffins game tonight, this kid is sick. He's the real deal.

Scored his 4th goal of the season, meaning he's on a 3 game goal streak. He has 7 points in the past 4 games. He's got 10 points in 14 games and is a +7.

His skill level is ridiculous. Nice skater, went end to end tonight but had no one to pass it to. Great passer, goes hard to the net and has scored some garbage goals this season, so along with his skill he can score from pure hard work. Cycles the puck well, knows where to be, and even though his lack of strength is his main issue right now, there's nothing that I can see that would prevent him from being in Detroit in the next year or two.

Next season when (in all liklihood) we lose a few free agents, is he a smokey to be up here? IF he keeps up this production, and puts in the work over the off-season, I don't see any reason why not.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest VAL FILPPULA

They mine as well call him up for a game now. It's not like he could worsen our team lol.

Oh I hope so. Seen a good majority of the games this year and this kid looks amazing for his age. And he seems to be getting better each and every game. If he can keep improving this year the Wing's really should give him a shot. We need to start pushing some prospects up and get some new blood especially goal scorers.

Guest VAL FILPPULA
Oh I hope so. Seen a good majority of the games this year and this kid looks amazing for his age. And he seems to be getting better each and every game. If he can keep improving this year the Wing's really should give him a shot. We need to start pushing some prospects up and get some new blood especially goal scorers.

I agree. Landon Ferraro is another one who I would like to see more of. Unfortunately I dont get the opportunity to see many of his games.

You nailed it. We have a lot of solid, well-rounded prospects but what we really lack are pure scorers. Tatar looks to fit this bill, in fact we picked up two from the last draft as Ferraro is one also.

The commentator is full of praise for Tatar, always calling him the youngsters player in the AHL wherever he can. Turns 19 next week I believe and he'll probably shortly be off to the WJC. The Griffins will miss him.

Can't wait to see how much he will dominate the WJC this year. I know last year he was one of the best players in the tournament. I love WJC time.

I really think the Red Wing's might put him on the fast track he is keeps it up, it was odd they even kept him in the AHL so obvisously they aren't treating him like a normal prospect, so let's hope he stays injury free and bulk up!

How many minutes has he been averaging per night?

Before he comes to the NHL, I really want this kid to bulk up a bit more. I'm not saying the AHL is a soft league to play in, but the NHL is definitely a step up. I also want the Wings to develop this kid to the max before bringing him up into the NHL. I feel like this kid is one of those rare opportunities to get a true all-star player, but the organization needs to develop this kid properly to get the most out of him.

How many minutes has he been averaging per night?

Before he comes to the NHL, I really want this kid to bulk up a bit more. I'm not saying the AHL is a soft league to play in, but the NHL is definitely a step up. I also want the Wings to develop this kid to the max before bringing him up into the NHL. I feel like this kid is one of those rare opportunities to get a true all-star player, but the organization needs to develop this kid properly to get the most out of him.

He's handled the jump up well to every level he's played in so far. I agree that his development needs to be perfect because we have a special talent on our hands. In saying that, I think most people would've preferred him to play in the OHL yet the move to the AHL looks to be a masterstroke. It reminds me of the Hudler situation, he came over very young and split time in the AHL/NHL before eventually breaking out in the American League and finally cementing his place in Detroit. Tatar has one thing over Hudler, defensively he's very sound. Babcock should be able to trust him.

I don't want to rush Tatar and I think he'll probably be in the AHL next season but gee, he's a ripper. 2nd round what a steal.

Guest lnvincible

I want him to play in the AHL gain more confidence get better , and when we get him... Im almost 90% sure , Calder Finalists for SURE. No need to rush him.

This year seems to be an off beat year, thats all.

The only reason we never rushed prospects before is because we were a very competitive team, and frankly, that isn't the case this year. If you ask me, it's time to go out on a limb and try some fresh blood.

Watched the Griffins game tonight, this kid is sick. He's the real deal.

Scored his 4th goal of the season, meaning he's on a 3 game goal streak. He has 7 points in the past 4 games. He's got 10 points in 14 games and is a +7.

His skill level is ridiculous. Nice skater, went end to end tonight but had no one to pass it to. Great passer, goes hard to the net and has scored some garbage goals this season, so along with his skill he can score from pure hard work. Cycles the puck well, knows where to be, and even though his lack of strength is his main issue right now, there's nothing that I can see that would prevent him from being in Detroit in the next year or two.

Next season when (in all liklihood) we lose a few free agents, is he a smokey to be up here? IF he keeps up this production, and puts in the work over the off-season, I don't see any reason why not.

I agree 100%. From the games I've watched (4 so far) he's looked great. He's one of the best forwards on the team and he's the youngest kid in the league. He's so intelligent out there and a really hard worker.

The only reason I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit is we haven't seen this over a sustained period. Right now it could be the initial burst thing type of thing you see with kids walking into a new situation (like we saw in Leino's 13 game call-up last year-- now he's struggling more to do it when he's expected to). I'm really hopeful that this will continue though, because this kid looks like the real deal.

The only reason we never rushed prospects before is because we were a very competitive team, and frankly, that isn't the case this year. If you ask me, it's time to go out on a limb and try some fresh blood.

Sad but true.

After two shutouts on HOME ICE. Holland needs to bring some kids up and and give them a chance because it's apparent that waiting it out hasn't helped the Wings win more than 1 game in the last 6. They've scored 5 goals in 6 games. Maybe it's time to use the temporary cap room they have and sit some slackers to ice a kid or two. Give the the kids in GR a reward for their hard work and let the guys on the roster know that losing is not acceptable long term in this city.

Holland is Mr. Patience, so I'm sure it'd take 3 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to get his attention, but bringing kids up from GR is definitely not out of his character.

Once again, I know Holland's said he won't make call-ups when the injuries hit, but it's clear that Abdelkader, Helm and Leino aren't stepping up like he hoped they would when he said the kids would have to step up. None of the three are expected to be game breakers and let's be fair-- the guys making 6 million aren't stepping up either.

All I'm saying is it's not crazy to ask Holland to give Babcock some people he can actually put on the top six and shake that stagnant group up short-term.

Hell, at this point, why not call up Jeremy Williams? He can't play defense to save his life, but he's proven he can score goals at the NHL level. 5 goals and 7 points last season in 11 games as a member of the Leafs.

He's handled the jump up well to every level he's played in so far. I agree that his development needs to be perfect because we have a special talent on our hands. In saying that, I think most people would've preferred him to play in the OHL yet the move to the AHL looks to be a masterstroke. It reminds me of the Hudler situation, he came over very young and split time in the AHL/NHL before eventually breaking out in the American League and finally cementing his place in Detroit. Tatar has one thing over Hudler, defensively he's very sound. Babcock should be able to trust him.

I don't want to rush Tatar and I think he'll probably be in the AHL next season but gee, he's a ripper. 2nd round what a steal.

To be fair there's really one area where he stands head and shoulders above Hudler: skating. Hudler would be an all-star if he could skate well (hell, imagine how good he'd be if he could skate like Helm!).

Tatar is definitely a good skater. He's not Helm (but very few people can or ever will skate as well as Helm), but he's definitely good enough to skate well at the NHL level. His skating already puts him ahead of Hudler when it comes to getting into the NHL since that was the biggest knock on Huds from the moment he was drafted.

But yeah, Tatar's definitely good defensively.

Heh, seeing how average we will be this year, I have dreams involving him and Coetzee so nice to hear he is coming along.

Don't worry-- this past draft is beginning to look very, very strong for the Wings. Coetzee was the cherry on top of our prospect cake :)

If we're talking this season, I think I'd rather see Axelsson called up.

Dick 'healthy scratch' Axelsson? Really?

I like Axelsson but he's done nothing for about the last half dozen games.

Edited by Aussie_Wing