• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Babcock in Review

Rate this topic

The idea that he has lost two SCF game 7's isn't of any bearing on his ultimate abilities? Sorry, but unlike many here, I will never forgive the team or coach for not winning it last year. We had two games to do it. Injuries...blah, blah, whine, whine. It was the frickin Stanley Cup. If he had won last year I'd be right there with you, but he has to do it again to be elite in my book.

Memories of crushing playoff defeats are like a bag of bricks. You just set them down.

Personally, if Babcock can navigate this team with it's current roster situation into the playoffs... he will be my coach of the year.

Edited by Broken 16

The idea that he has lost two SCF game 7's isn't of any bearing on his ultimate abilities? Sorry, but unlike many here, I will never forgive the team or coach for not winning it last year. We had two games to do it. Injuries...blah, blah, whine, whine. It was the frickin Stanley Cup. If he had won last year I'd be right there with you, but he has to do it again to be elite in my book.

It really doesn't have any bearing, no. Game 7's are usually a crapshoot. Could go either way. He didn't coach us out of the Game 7 and he wasn't outcoached, so I don't see why those losses would reflect badly on him. Just luck of the draw. The fact is, he's gotten teams there more than anyone else in the league right now.

Babcock is an elite coach. People that think he can't coach a roster without great players are going to be proven wrong this year.

He has his own problems without a doubt, but his pluses far outweigh his negatives. And he is young.

Guest zackmorris

I hated Dave Lewis. I have high expectations for this team. We're by far the proudest most respected team in hockey. We needed a coach who could represent everything we stood for, and everything we needed that Scotty left behind.

We got him in Babcock. I knew he was damn good before he came here but in the few years he's been in Detroit, I can tell he's the best coach in hockey. He knows how to use players(his great line juggling has created chemistry where bad line juggling in bad times can kill it), he knows how to teach them to adapt (we now are able to play gritty when needed. cgy? ana?) and he is perfect psychologically(being if I remember correct, a psych graduate). He says the right things at the right times and doesn't take bulls*** from anyone. We need that.

He also rewards hard workers and performers. I love that about him. He's got guts where most coaches are soft. He defines character and in sports like this, the team is always a reflection of the coach. And our character is indeed shining through right now with all the hardships we've endured this season.

I don't give a good s*** who the Jack Adams goes to. Mike Babcock is the best coach in hockey.

For me he is easily one of the top 5 coaches in the game today. He's direct and rewards ppl for the right things. I think his view on rewarding the hardest working players in his line up is a formula for success, regardless of who is in the lineup at that particular time. I think he has done an unbelievable job this season with all of the injuries.

I think the best part about him is that he is a no non-sense guy who is firm in the media and demands the most out of his players. He is the polar opposite of Lewis and I think his attitude and personality rubs off on our players and how they approach games.

So who is elite in your book?