• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Cleary vs. Setoguchi

Rate this topic

I'm sure Cleary just coming back from missing 12 games with a bum shoulder had a lot to do with him not throwing punches. The last thing he needs when he isn't 100% is reinjuring something in a late-game scrap.

Guest mindfly

Well he was shoulder injured for quiet some time, he couldnt give it all obviously but good to stand up for himself.

Guest micah

Stupid play, Cleary, you're better than that. Good job consenting to the fight that you clearly had coming, though.

They interviewed him after the game and you could see a huge bag of ice on his shoulder. He even laughed when asked about the fight, saying he didn't really want to go because he didn't want to mess up his shoulder.

Sorry I did not see your post Harold!

Dan Cleary effectively demonstrates how to clear the front of the crease.

esteef

Some of our defenseman (excluding Janik) should take note.

And its too bad Cleary had a bad shoulder he would have smashed Setoguchi.

That newfy has shown he can handle himself against bigger guys like Pronger, and fighters like Newbury. Hoefully next time they meet Cleary will be healthy and fight for some redemption after that bad tilt.

That newfy has shown he can handle himself against bigger guys like Pronger, and fighters like Newbury. Hoefully next time they meet Cleary will be healthy and fight for some redemption after that bad tilt.

thats exactly what we should take from this. that was no fight, just a good example of cleary saying get the f*** out. its so disappointing to see the other team run in our crease.

Not only was it a smart move by Cleary, it showed he's not a coward. He could have ran, turtled, but instead he just held Setoguchi off. Cleary is a very smart player, his team wouldn't gain by fighting, certainly not worth re-injuring a not completely healed shoulder. Out of all the options Cleary could have done, he did the smartest for the team and for his image.

thats exactly what we should take from this. that was no fight, just a good example of cleary saying get the f*** out. its so disappointing to see the other team run in our crease.

Yeah if people start getting their heads ran into posts all the time I bet Howard will have alot more room to operate.

Yes, Janik should take note that it was a dumb move by Cleary to take out a player from behind when he isn't even crashing the crease.

Yes, Janik should take note that it was a dumb move by Cleary to take out a player from behind when he isn't even crashing the crease.

Doc Holiday should take note that not every player on the team can win the Lady Byng.

Howard got run earlier in the game by Shelley. Why not run one of the sharks better players that were going to the net into the post to send a message that our team won't be pushed around.

At that point in the game the wings had it in the bag anyways.

Doc Holiday should take note that not every player on the team can win the Lady Byng.

Howard got run earlier in the game by Shelley. Why not run one of the sharks better players that were going to the net into the post to send a message that our team won't be pushed around.

At that point in the game the wings had it in the bag anyways.

I honestly didn't see this "run" by Shelley. When was it?

I honestly didn't see this "run" by Shelley. When was it?

Reading my post I realized that lady byng thing came across more dickish then I meant, sorry about that.

And I don't really rememeber what time but I think it was right after the 2 quick goals. Shelley came in a little to hard on Howard then he should've and he drew a crowd with Janik right in the middle.

Hit him hard enough in my opinion for Cleary to make a statement by doing that.

I'm sure it was fun to watch, but if I had been a Wings fan watching that, I would have been nervous...not wanting my player to get injured. Especially after just returning to the lineup. Cleary looked pretty darn good though with a goal and a fight. I know I'd be holding my breath if Thornton/Heatley/Marleau/Boyle got into a fight.