• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

Brad May scores tonight.

This

I remember last game when him and eaves were in front of the net on that tip in goal I was like MAYDAY!! because it looked like he got his stick on it but eaves got it lol

I really hope may can get at least a goal this year and a team like the islanders and caolina could be his chance.

Go Wings!

UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- Ville Leino will return to the lineup for the Detroit Red Wings tonight against the New York Islanders, replacing Brad May. That's the only change for Detroit, which will start the game with the same lines and defense pairings it's been using lately:

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Cleary-Filppula-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Leino-Abdelkader-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Meech-Stuart

Lebda-Janik

Howard (starting)

Osgood

The Islanders (19-19-8) are in last place in the Atlantic Division, but are 6-2-1 in their last nine games.

"They've been real good in this last while,'' Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "Their fourth line, with (Josh) Bailey and (Rob) Schremp has really scored for them. Their specialty teams seem to be rolling. (Dwayne) Roloson has given them solid goaltending. I just like what they're doing. They got a youthful group that can skate. The whole team looks like it's a first-round pick. They got some skill and they're going to be a test for us.''

Kyle Okposo has a goal in each of the last three games. John Tavares has 16 goals and 29 points, tied for the rookie scoring lead with Matt Duchene of Colorado.

"(Tavares) is a gifted, gifted scorer with an elite mind for the game,'' Babcock said.

UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- Ville Leino will return to the lineup for the Detroit Red Wings tonight against the New York Islanders, replacing Brad May. That's the only change for Detroit, which will start the game with the same lines and defense pairings it's been using lately

garbage..... at least put leino on the second line if he is going to play, he is useless on the 4th line

garbage..... at least put leino on the second line if he is going to play, he is useless on the 4th line

It doesn't mean they're directly subbing Leino in for May on the fourth line, it just means to say that Ville will be rejoining the team for tonight's game at the expense of May. The Islanders are hardly a tough team, so I daresay we'll see Leino on one of the top three lines tonight.

With the nice roadtrip so far (other than the Anahack loss and lack of team effort against LA), this could be a 'trap' game for the Wings. They need to stick to their gameplan and Howard needs to keep up the good work. If they can play a sound road game, they should be alright. I'm not expecting a blowout unless Roloson has an off night, but 3-1 or 4-1 win should be in the cards.

Win it for Nik Kronwall's birthday!

All Swedes score at least one goal in honour of their countryman.

All Fins score at least one goal in honour of their fans' birthdays.

Edited by 55fan

Guest mindfly
Win it for Nik Kronwall's birthday!

All Swedes score at least one goal in honour of their countryman.

All Fins score at least one goal in honour of their fans' birthdays.

I miss kronwall so much :blush:

;)

Guest mindfly
:lol:

Michigan..close to canada yes.. so it's.. "-Friend" "-Guy" "-Buddie" there? ;)

South Park :D

How about a 55 goal salute and destroy these guys 55 - 0 ? :D

No need to wear out their shooting arms; they do have to play Carolina and we don't want them weary.

5-0 wins in our next 11 games will do fine. Then we have Homer's birthday coming up...

Well.. Lets hope the Wings come out and play like they want to move into 8th place. Lets hope the habit of playing down to the opponents level doesnt come up tonight.

My Prediction:

Wings 5 - Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Leino, Zetterberg, Helm

Islanders 2 - Moulson, Tavares

Lets Go Wings!

Guest mindfly

Wings not the most banged up team, 2nd most mangames lost... is oilers or hurricanes the most?

Wings at 212 and counting.... <_<

Edited by mindfly

I remember sometime last year when we were around the top of the NHL if not the top, the Isles were in last place and beat us. I think we even got shut out if memory serves me right. The Wings don't play the Isles too often so it'd be nice to grab a W and also that 8th place spot ;)

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Helm, Bertuzzi, Leino)

Isles 1

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!