• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

What would you give up for Kovalchuk

Rate this topic

Say he was willing to sign a long term extension in the area of 7 years, 49 mil - maing his cap hit 7 mil a season...

What would you be willing to part with - Please make it reasonable(we're not going to get him for Lebda and the ghost of Steve Chaisson) and keep in mind ATL's needs...

Although it would majorly bum me out to see him go (I am a huge Fil fan/supporter) - Filppula, Kindl and 2 1st rd picks...

* Ilya Kovalchuk — $7,000,000

Pavel Datsyuk — $6,700,000

Henrik Zetterberg — $6,083,333

Johan Franzen — $3,954,545

Daniel Cleary — $2,800,000

Kris Draper — $1,583,333

Todd Bertuzzi — $1,500,000

Tomas Holmstrom — $1,500,000

Darren Helm — $1,000,000

Justin Abdelkader — $1,000,000

Patrick Eaves — $900,000

Ville Leino — $800,000

Drew Miller — $750,000

Brad May — $500,000

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski — $6,000,000

Brad Stuart — $3,750,000

Nicklas Lidstrom — $3,000,000

Niklas Kronwall — $3,000,000

Jonathan Ericsson — $900,000

Derek Meech — $500,000

Doug Janik — $500,000

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood — $1,416,666

Jimmy Howard — $716,666

ROSTER SIZE 23

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $55,854,543

BONUSES $0

CAP SPACE $945,457

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Homlstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Franzen

Miller-Abdelkader-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

May

Leino(unless we can get rid of him too)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Janik

Meech

Howard

Osgood

makes me all tingly to think about.....

What would you be willing to part with - Please make it reasonable(we're not going to get him for Lebda and the ghost of Steve Chaisson) and keep in mind ATL's needs...

Although it would majorly bum me out to see him go (I am a huge Fil fan/supporter) - Filppula, Kindl and 2 1st rd picks...

:lol:

the cap space by itself is ridiculous, we would have to give up something like Cleary, Bert, Homer, and Ericsson

That's a lot for 1 player when we already have the euro twins.

Although Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Kovalchuck would be a devastating first line.

If Holland threw in an additional 1st rounder (3 - 1st round picks along with Flip, & Kindl) - maybe there's an outside chance.

I honestly don't see any significant moves being made by Holland at the trade deadline.

I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see him here... this is more for fun and to see what everyone thinks he's worth...

Guest mindfly

I would do anything to get him, then babcock force him to play with defensive commitment and you have the best player in the world not even in his prime yet...

I don't want a winger who is going to make more than $4 million per year. I think Koval is gong to demand $8+ million. Screw that, depth is more important than an all-star winger.

If Kovalchuck was going to take under $4m, I'd give Ralfi, Williams and Maltby. And since Ralfi has a NTC, guess we not getting Kovalchuck.

Filppula and Ericsson are both untouchable. They're going to retire a RW.

how is that not reasonable? like someone else said, it may need another pick, but I don't think that's selling it too low?

Try going to a Trashers forum and propose that. Maybe it's just me, but I think Atlanta would be insane to accept that kind of deal.

In regards to the OP, Jason Williams was not included on the salary chart. So assuming he comes back (maybe, maybe not) someone else on that list would have to go

Guest lilja4mvp

assuming he signs for a manageable cap hit,

filppula, ericsson, prospect, 1st rounder, + one more pick

other teams can beat that pretty easily.

Edited by lilja4mvp

In regards to the OP, Jason Williams was not included on the salary chart. So assuming he comes back (maybe, maybe not) someone else on that list would have to go

exactly... he was left off on purpose... no reason to bring him back with the rest of that roster...

Try going to a Trashers forum and propose that. Maybe it's just me, but I think Atlanta would be insane to accept that kind of deal.

I don't think it's insane. That's quite a bit for us to give up, although many teams can beat that offer. Also, if someone were to post that on the Thrashers forum, how many of them would even know who Kindl is? My guess is very very few.