• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Blackawks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Is everyone here under 40 years old? You do realize that was your team at one point.

One other thing back when the Wings sucked I used to go to games up there because it was easy to get seats just like many Wing fans have done recently in Chicago. You pretend like Wings always have filled the arena ... When your team sucked your arena was near empty and you got high draft picks to build a team. Sound familiar?

The Wings best players in the last two decades have been low draft picks and not high ones.

Once again, your knowledge of hockey seems poor.

Go to a Pens thread, and accuse them of losing every year to get high draft picks. Not us.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Is everyone here under 40 years old? You do realize that was your team at one point.

One other thing back when the Wings sucked I used to go to games up there because it was easy to get seats just like many Wing fans have done recently in Chicago. You pretend like Wings always have filled the arena ... When your team sucked your arena was near empty and you got high draft picks to build a team. Sound familiar?

Unlike many of the Hawks trolls that find there way here, many of us Wings fan readily admit to the struggles of the Wings. It's the fact that many act like the Hawks have been the most stellar team in the league for years and years. Wings fans have earned the right to talk tough because their team has been successful during the regular season and in the playoffs. On the other hand, many trolls act in a similar way despite the fact that the Hawks have done nothing yet.

Going on all 3 sites, all give the slight edge to Versteeg to push-versteeg, but bleh. Its a ******* hockey fight. Better thing's to argue about

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/showtop...id/523315/tp/1/

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f9/chic...17-10-a-135129/

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameE...084#Fight276498

:lol:

You're such a liar.

All those sites called the fight a draw.

You Hawks fans are terrible homers. Go to your own thread if you're going to purposefully post misleading things like that.

Edited by GMRwings1983

On another note about opposing fans....

Even the worst of opposition fans are treated like KINGS here at LGW compared to other sites. I once registered on a Blues fan site about 2 years back and praised the Blues for a good game against Detroit and wished them luck down the future. They told me to f**k my mom and then banned me from the site. I know that several posters at LGW have had similar experiences.

Don't complain about some Red Wings fans not being exactly welcoming to cocky opposition fans. You'll still be treated 10x better here than elsewhere.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Going on all 3 sites, all give the slight edge to Versteeg to push-versteeg, but bleh. Its a ******* hockey fight. Better thing's to argue about

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/showtop...id/523315/tp/1/

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f9/chic...17-10-a-135129/

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameE...084#Fight276498

That last link has nothing but "draws." Doesn't exactly support your opinion.

On another note about opposing fans....

Even the worst of opposition fans are treated like KINGS here at LGW compared to other sites. I once registered on a Blues fan site about 2 years back and praised the Blues for a good game against Detroit and wished them luck down the future. They told me to f**k my mom and then banned me from the site. I know that several posters at LGW have had similar experiences.

Don't complain about some Red Wings fans not being exactly welcoming to cocky opposition fans. You'll still be treated 10x better here than elsewhere.

Really?

Maybe I'll try the whole Blues site thing.

I wonder how long I'd last with my personality and feelings towards their team?

Although I am rattled from the shootout loss, that was just an amazing hockey game to watch. Me and a buddy woke up hung over as s*** to watch it and Im glad we did. Pavel Datsyuk put on a clinic tonight and I simply can`t say enough good things about his play, im absolutely speechless. The guy could`ve had 5 points tonight easily. Everyone played so well and hard tonight, and the only player who dissapointed me was Filpulla and maybe Cleary for screwing up in the shootout.

I just hope they can repeat this performance, especially Datsyuk where has this guy been all season..

Guest mindfly
...what!? Howard was awesome, don't know what game you watched.

Han blandade och gav om man säger så...

It wasn't one of his best game to say the least...

I don't think that I ever want to see another shoot out again, they just don't seem to work out well for the Wings.

I can't stand Kane or the Black Hawks and losing to them is painful.

Awesome game.

Shame we lost, but overall i felt we had a nice game tonight. Wing did definitively put playoffs mode goals (1&2). We had great chances in OT to win it... but we didn't.

Howard prided us the opportunity to win the game, which we did not. He wasn't that good during the shootout session, but can't blame him. Anyway nice effort from us all.

Watching this really made me consider that whatever happens (in a matter of the league trying to stop the wings) we do belong into the playoffs.

Awesome datsyuk in deke again btw and oh yeah the commentator (NBC one) should review his hockey bible. Bertuzzi put on a Dennis Savard spinorama, not St Louis one. But meh... what the H...

Guest mindfly

Ouch, and playing at washington in two days.. how are they gonna be able to regroup, rest and adress the errors in this game when they most likely will have the day off tomorrow

He wasn't horrible, but in no way shape or form was he awesome tonight.

He made some great saves and kept us in the game at times. The NBC guys heaped praise on him. This board makes me depressed, I can't believe you guys sometimes.

Ouch, and playing at washington in two days.. how are they gonna be able to regroup, rest and adress the errors in this game when they most likely will have the day off tomorrow

Adress the errors in this game? You mean playing as good or better than the opponent and deserving to win? Only thing they need to fix is they need to score on their breakaways and quality scoring chances.

Adress the errors in this game? You mean playing as good or better than the opponent and deserving to win? Only thing they need to fix is they need to score on their breakaways and quality scoring chances.

The biggest error of the game in my mind was Babs tapping Cleary for the shootout. God knows we all love Danny, but he just can't get it done in the shootout....or breakaways, for that matter. I still wince thinking about the end of Game Six in the Finals.

He made some great saves and kept us in the game at times. The NBC guys heaped praise on him. This board makes me depressed, I can't believe you guys sometimes.

IMHO, he let in three goals in the shootout - routine wrist shots that most goalies would have gobbled up - and we lost. Therefore, absolutely no awsomeness in his game today.

IMHO, he let in three goals in the shootout - routine wrist shots that most goalies would have gobbled up - and we lost. Therefore, absolutely no awsomeness in his game today.

Yes Toews, Hossa and Sharp all had routine wrist shots :rolleyes:

Or maybe, just maybe, they're really good in the shootout and any goalie will have trouble stopping them??

Yes Toews, Hossa and Sharp all had routine wrist shots :rolleyes:

Or maybe, just maybe, they're really good in the shootout and any goalie will have trouble stopping them??

They certainly do, but our guys should have pretty good shots too. Yet we never try straight wristers in shootouts anymore, because even the players must know they will be stopped. Also, please excuse my residual pissed-offedness from yesterdays game.

They certainly do, but our guys should have pretty good shots too. Yet we never try straight wristers in shootouts anymore, because even the players must know they will be stopped. Also, please excuse my residual pissed-offedness from yesterdays game.

Hank had a pretty good wrister in the crossbar. I remember Pavel scoring off a wrister a few shooutouts ago too.

Howard made a bunch of great saves in the shootout against Dallas yesterday. I don't think he's too bad at SO's.

It's possible that by the time we got to the SO against the Hawks he was getting tired.