• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DMAC 25

Kovalchuk headed out of Atlanta

Rate this topic

I have been saying Kovalchuk wanted out of there for a little while.

p.s. I know there's no way in hell it is Detroit.

hey i fiqured i would put that for the people actually thinking he was going to come to detroit

hey i fiqured i would put that for the people actually thinking he was going to come to detroit

Whoever thought he was coming here needs a reality check. There wasnt even a chance...

I heard that Ted Lindsay may be traded to Chicago.

hey ok, i get it but i guess you dont understand the part of take it for what its worth. my bad for seeing this and thinking maybe it would be a decent discussion

hey ok, i get it but i guess you dont understand the part of take it for what its worth. my bad for seeing this and thinking maybe it would be a decent discussion

people just love to eat you alive on this site. i got called stupid by finn wing because i said that teemu is an ******* for not signing autographs for the kids in san jose...don't take it personal homie...but the vast majority of posters here HATE eklund

C'mon now, that's insulting to dice.

very funny, yet sadly true... considering dice will win 1 in 6. Eklund is 1 and 50? 1 and 100?

Good points. :lol:

thats why i said take it for what its worth, but c'mon his posts can be pretty funny at times

His posts are funny to us, but just imagine how funny they must be to an NHL GM.

Obviously Detroit cannot get him this season, and whoever trades for him will in all likely hood sign him to a long term deal next season.

Calgary should consider trading Phaneuf for Kovy. I think they could get it done. Throw in some draft picks, maybe another roster player. Calgary needs a scorer, and they don't need an overrated defense men. Calgary probably won't make the play-offs if they don't make a big move, but imagine a Jokinin, Kovy, Iginla in their top 6 forwards, Bowy and the Kipper. They'd win the Cup, probably...

Edited by TheOwl

Obviously Detroit cannot get him this season, and whoever trades for him will in all likely hood sign him to a long term deal next season.

Calgary should consider trading Phaneuf for Kovy. I think they could get it done. Throw in some draft picks, maybe another roster player. Calgary needs a scorer, and they don't need an overrated defense men. Calgary probably won't make the play-offs if they don't make a big move, but imagine a Jokinin, Kovy, Iginla in their top 6 forwards, Bowy and the Kipper. They'd win the Cup, probably...

They are having huge struggles on offense right now and Kovy would definitely help them out. I can see it happening. I would not be surprised to see him land in LA. The Kings have a lot of youth to trade, but will Lombardi be up the making the big splash?

They are having huge struggles on offense right now and Kovy would definitely help them out. I can see it happening. I would not be surprised to see him land in LA. The Kings have a lot of youth to trade, but will Lombardi be up the making the big splash?

LA could be absolutely lethal with the addition of Kovy (assuming Doughty's development continues to rocket upwards).

Can someone tell me how in the blue hell Chicago still has cap space?

The idea is that they move Campbell, Sharp or Huet in return for Kovalchuk. Kovy obviously wouldn't re-sign, it would purely be the ultimate playoff run.

Brian Burke apparently said earlier today that the number for Kovalchuk being floated around is 10 years, 85 million. Which puts him in the realm of possibility IF Lidstrom retires and Filppula is traded.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
The idea is that they move Campbell, Sharp or Huet in return for Kovalchuk. Kovy obviously wouldn't re-sign, it would purely be the ultimate playoff run.

Brian Burke apparently said earlier today that the number for Kovalchuk being floated around is 10 years, 85 million. Which puts him in the realm of possibility IF Lidstrom retires and Filppula is traded.

No thanks. The Wings already have enough salary tied up long term. The last thing this team needs is a 10 year contract on the books.

Here Atlanta, you take this garbage everyone in the league knows I'm despirate to unload after I made laughably poor signing decisions. In exchange I'll take the best player who's ever played for your team.

What's that, you're one of the most cap concious teams in the league? Don't worry, my grossly overpaid trash is great and you'll enjoy taking it off me.

Sure.

If Chicago is going to unload Campbell or Huet onto another team they'll have to pay in picks or prospects and take an expiring contract going the other way. Everyone in the league knows they're despirate to move those two bloated contracts and there are 29 other GMs who could care less about Chicago's cap situation aside from how they'll profit from it.

Sharp? That's a more reasonable suggestion. No pair him with some other roster players and or picks because Kovalchuk will not be had for just one good young player.

I'd like to see him traded to some team in the East. Then the Wings will beat that team in the finals, and in the off season he will sign with us for 6.7 million.

Don't ask me where I got that from... these things just come to me.

I'd do that again in a heartbeat! lol :thumbup::thumbup: