• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2010 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - March 3rd, 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

:thumbup:

Even salary for salary, Afinogenov=$800,000; Lebda $650,000--you get a deal like Pittsburgh made:

To ATL: Lebda, Meech, 2nd Round Pick, Prospect

To DET: Afinogenov, 6th Round Pick

We did just get Lilja back. Our depth d-man is Tollefsen. You sill have Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Lilja as your regulars and use Tollefsen if necessary.

I can do it. Can Holland?

OMG hahahahah :lol:

I can do it too! My NHL10 team has Gretzky, Fedorov, Jagr, Larionov, Hasek, Konstantinov etc. why can't Holland get that done!?!?!?

OMG hahahahah :lol:

I can do it too! My NHL10 team has Gretzky, Fedorov, Jagr, Larionov, Hasek, Konstantinov etc. why can't Holland get that done!?!?!?

So, Alexei Ponikarovsky goes for a prospect and a 5th--but a deal that I explain involves Meech and Lebda to clear salary (much like Skoula going to Toronto) including a 2nd Rounder-- laughable?

Silly, silly stuff.

To ATL: Lebda, Meech, 2nd Round Pick, Prospect

To DET: Afinogenov, 6th Round Pick

I can do it. Can Holland?

:rolleyes:

Are you serious? You have no idea what Atlanta wants. It also seems to me you're neglecting this key piece of information:

Kevin Allen:

Because you asked: the Thrashers have never had any intention of trading Kubina or Afinogenov. They want to re-sign them.

OMG HOLLAND!

Walker for a 7th! Thank GOD we have Kenny hanging on to those 7th round picks to rebuild this team! YESSSSSSSS!

Vladimir Konstantinov

Pavel Datsyuk

Henrik Zetterberg

Jonathan Ericsson (Dead last in Draft)

Those late round picks seem to have been working pretty good.

Vladimir Konstantinov

Pavel Datsyuk

Henrik Zetterberg

Jonathan Ericsson (Dead last in Draft)

Those late round picks seem to have been working pretty good.

Yep. It's amazing that every single late round pick turns into a gem. In the history of the Wings, every player taken in Round 7 has been awesome, so we should never take a chance and deal those picks.

:rolleyes:

Are you serious? You have no idea what Atlanta wants. It also seems to me you're neglecting this key piece of information:

Kevin Allen:

OMG HOLLAND!

Yes, they want to keep them. How did that work out with Kovalchuk, Hossa, et all?

Just wondering. Because I can't remember what happened with those guys. Atlanta must've resigned them, because they wanted to.

Yep. It's amazing that every single late round pick turns into a gem. In the history of the Wings, every player taken in Round 7 has been awesome, so we should never take a chance and deal those picks.

What can we get for a 7th round pick that helps this team? Guys like Maltby go for a 7th round pick.

So, Alexei Ponikarovsky goes for a prospect and a 5th--but a deal that I explain involves Meech and Lebda to clear salary (much like Skoula going to Toronto) including a 2nd Rounder-- laughable?

Silly, silly stuff.

Ever heard the expression "salary dump"? Look it up.

A salary for salary deal needs to be atleast somewhat even in terms of return. Lebda and Meech have close to NO value, we would have to package them with someone a lot more interesting for anyone to take them.

Ummm....guys like Scott Walker go for 7th rounders, apparently. Would you say no to that?

uhhh.. yes?

Walker has 5 points in 30+ games. Surely he is exactly what the Red Wings need!! Stupid Holland for not seeing that!

like you can get anything worth rebuilding a team for a 7th pick in a trade unless you want a AHL'er that will probably never play a shift in the NHL or a washed up NHL'er. You're better off just using the pick and drafting someone.

Edited by Original-Six

uhhh.. yes?

Walker has 5 points in 30+ games. Surely he is exactly what the Red Wings need!! Stupid Holland for not seeing that!

In your previous post, were you implying that Ponikarovsky or Skoula was the salary dump?

Anyway, Walker is the kind of guy we need. I would love Afinogenov, but they provide different things-- Walker grit, jam, and depth-- Afinogenov speed and depth.

But yeah, I'd jump on Walker for a 7th for this team.

like you can get anything worth rebuilding a team for a 7th pick in a trade unless you want a AHL'er that will probably never play a shift in the NHL or a washed up NHL'er. You're better off just using the pick and drafting someone.

Or you get Scott Walker, who (if you are watching TSN) was considered a great move.

Hell, I'd take Schneider back for a conditional pick.

Either of those would've improved the team.