• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Sweden vs Germany (Group C)

Rate this topic

Anyone got a direct quote?

I don't know what it was word-for-word but he said something along the lines of "The day after the tournament ends, there are two teams playing back in the states. It's unfair that with the travel and everything they have to come back and play the next day, you would think they could get a day off and it's two teams that can't afford to let any of their players rest, especially the Red Wings who are in tough contention for a playoff spot"

I don't think it's possible for me NOT to root for Sweden at this point, when I see Zetterberg with Lidstrom and Kronwall at the point, I feel like I'm watching the Wings, only Zetterberg isn't playing setup man all the time out there.

I don't know what it was word-for-word but he said something along the lines of "The day after the tournament ends, there are two teams playing back in the states. It's unfair that with the travel and everything they have to come back and play the next day, you would think they could get a day off and it's two teams that can't afford to let any of their players rest, especially the Red Wings who are in tough contention for a playoff spot"

Hmm, that is interesting.

I don't think it holds much merit since the Wings weren't expected to be in this position when the season started, but is definitely interesting to hear from O.

Right now I'd much rather see a Forsberg-Zetterberg-Franzen line. The Sedins aren't doing much out there, looks like their recent slump is continuing.

Mattias Weinhandl, serriously what do you think the Sedins will do with Mattias Weinhandl

These lines are awful.

The best two shooters on the team are on the third and fourth lines?!?

Forsberg has been out of hockey and is pretty fragile, I would use him more sporadically.

Backstrom is the the greatest playmaker they have not named Sedin. He should be up with Zetter and Alfie setting up their goalscoring ability.

Franzen is the perfect fit with the Sedins. Think about who has been sucessful with them. The large guys with a scoring touch that go to the dirty areas. Mule would set Olympic goalscoring records with them.

The lines are the reason the score is only 2-0.

These are awful lines.

I mean what even about Lidsrom being on the SECOND defensive pairing???