• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown Red Wings

NBC screwing over hockey fans

Rate this topic

the biathlon was cool cmon, i want hockey but dont take anger out on a nice sport

THey coulda been airing an exclusive interview with some alien in Area 51 and I'd still be pissed they delayed the game an hour. Props to biathlon dudes, but I want my hockey and I'm not alone!

the biathlon was cool cmon, i want hockey but dont take anger out on a nice sport

The biathlon is nothing more than a Nordic drive-by shooting. It's how Norwegian gangs claim their territory. They ski past your house and clip you off the porch. They're hardcore.

Guest Lidstromboli

i have decided that

cute girls yelling HARDER!!! at a rock > a bunch of sweaty guys whacking a rubber disc and hitting each other

i have decided that

cute girls yelling HARDER!!! at a rock > a bunch of sweaty guys whacking a rubber disc and hitting each other

Normally I'd wholeheartedly agree with that statement, but we are talking RIVALRY SUNDAY here and NBC be jackin with my beautiful hockey day.

Can someone Please tell me What time the game starts and what channel????

I cant find any info on this... thanks

Which game? USA v Canada starts at 7:45 EST and will air at some point on MSNBC (your guess is as good as mine if they air it on time or delayed).

Which game? USA v Canada starts at 7:45 EST and will air at some point on MSNBC (your guess is as good as mine if they air it on time or delayed).

Yes sorry man... the USA vs Canada game....

Its like pulling teeth just to find a factual definitive answer from the internet.....

Thank you :)

Here's another log for the fire; from cmn news network dot calm :

NBC Olympic Hockey Schedule Angers American vs Canada Enthusiasts. NBC has been widely criticized for their Olympic coverage. Today, the icing on the cake is that NBC is tape-delaying the USA vs Canada match, while showing the Russia vs. Czech Republic match live.

Yes, you read that right. The network with American rights to broadcast the Olympics isn’t showing the American hockey game live. Instead, they are going to wait until the game is done and everyone knows the final score because you can check it online – and THEN show us the game.

NBC – Put a Tent Over That Circus! ™

Wow, I hate to use the word fail, but that pretty much describes NBC right now. Arguably the biggest sport in the games being tape delayed and shown on some junk sister station in standard definition.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,219149

Here is the reason game was not on NBC, women watch the Olympics more and they prefer ice dancing

You mean women don't want to see Crosby every 5 seconds?

And this is a catch 22. Of course men aren't going to watch the Olympics if they show s*** like ice dancing instead of hockey.

Congratulations on last nights win; Miller made some unbelievable saves!

CTV/Rogers won the rights to broadcast these Games. They made sure that last night's game was broacast on the full CTV network, meaning that even if you have just a regular antenna, you were able to see the game. What I wasn't aware of is unlike the CBC, CTV isn't available to viewers in the Detroit area, according to this article in the Toronto Star . We are very fortunate to have this kind of superior hockey coverage on a regular basis.

Guest Shoreline
:siren:

I have DirecTV and haven't missed a single minute of any game.

Same, and even better than that, the local NBC feed isn't in HD. Thankfully some games were on MSNBC and CNBC which are in HD.

Not that I like NBC for it's hockey coverage -- it sucks ass and I would get TSN over it in a second, but it isn't as bad as some are embellishing it to be. We already know where hockey stands in the states so we shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Shoreline

Same story for me and Comcast.
I have Comcast and the USA v Canada game was the first on that started on time for me...no HD either.. Using the NBC stream, I believe it was the USA Switzerland game that they actually skipped the entire 2nd period... so maybe some of the issues are regional?

Same old s*** as the NHL far as I'm concerned. As a hockey fan, I'm not getting the access to the sport I desire simply because of deals and arrangements made by local "suits" who could f***in' care less about hockey. But thank God all the Ice Dancing and Curling fans are taken care of! :thumbdown:

esteef

Eh, Really though are any of you suprised at NBC sucking?

I mean, if you followed the American LeMans Series, where they not only tape delay showing the races, sometimes up to a week later, but time compress them even when they show them live...you kinda know what to suspect...

Edited by Rikadyn