• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Quarterfinals

Rate this topic

Is that NHL rules, or IIHF?

Either way, that's the dumbest rule in the world. It should be based on severity. Throwing the puck out of play after a goal isn't called shouldn't result in a team going to the box.

Ah, I didn't know you were talking just IIHF rules. I'm gonna see if I can look it up.

Is that NHL rules, or IIHF?

Either way, that's the dumbest rule in the world.

Looks like 2-0 USA. Congrats on the win.

I think you now all understand how Canada went to extra innings to take on the Swiss.

If you think about it, the Swiss got absolutely screwed with the schedule they got. That said, good on you Swiss, you did a hell of a lot better than you probably should have!

Hmm. I know Switzerland's a decent team, and that Hiller is very good indeed, but still.. Not a terribly convincing game by the USA imo. But perhaps I'm not giving enough credit to the Swiss.

They sure didn't wait to cut away from the game. Geeze.

? It's still broadcasting.

And the Swiss are much better than I thought.

I hope USA can go for the Gold, but they're clearly not winning purely on skill. They're workign hard but the Swiss really shut down any really good chances for a lot of the game.

The US is so persistent. They don't look anything like a Ron Wilson team.

What a good showing for this team. No one expected anything out of them, but they've played hard every game and have deserved each win. Now no matter what they get to play for a medal.

Hmm. I know Switzerland's a decent team, and that Hiller is very good indeed, but still.. Not a terribly convincing game by the USA imo. But perhaps I'm not giving enough credit to the Swiss.

That would mean Canada really sucks, because they gave up 2, and the US shut them out. Also, the US beat them in regulation both times, and Canada had to win in a shootout.

But, I wouldn't make that kind of comparison. :P

Edited by drwscc

CTV announcer just said

" For the second straight game, the American's just got some pretty nice officiating. Just saying".

Exact quote.

Frankly, I don't really know what he is saying, outside of the missed trip, I don't know that I would say the refs made any mistakes in that game.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

great game

switzerland gave it their all and showed great pride in their hockey program.

now the us will be playing for a medal

can canada do the same?

cant wait til gametime!

One giant negative I would say for Team USA... shots were 42-19 or something like that, but to be honest I can't think of too many that Hiller stole. Like Canada, the Americans are getting a ton of shots on net, but how many quality chances were there?

Can the Swiss pull off this miracle!!??

I love the olympics but i just cant root for my own country when there team is stacked with NHL players who get paid millions of dollars. NHL players do not belong in the olympics should be the college kids and who ever else is great at ice hockey who is not pro. That is why the miracle on ice is such a great story.

IMO the reason they let NHL'ers play is because it took a miracle to beat the Russians(Red Army team). Those guys were army guys like I'm an NHL guy.

Nice win boys. Glad Hiller is in our rear-view mirror.

That would mean Canada really sucks, because they gave up 3, and the US shut them out. Also, the US beat them in regulation both times, and Canada had to win in a shootout.

But, I wouldn't make that kind of comparison. :P

Not sure what you're referring to because Canada and the US both gave up goals to Switzerland, and each other, in the round robin. But frankly, Canada hasn't exactly looked that good so far. Tonight's the night! Canada-Russia is gonna be EPIC!