• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

We need to add Andrew Ladd & Willie Mitchell and that is what will make this team better next year. IF we re-sign ANY of the old timers, it needs to be for $500,000 or they can leave. The exception be Lidstrom, but he does need to sign for LESS than $4,000,000. If he wants to play one more season, he knows, he cannot handcuff the Wings from getting a couple of players to make this team better. Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Maltby, Eaves, etc all making $500,000 and LIdstrom making $3M would allow that. I say bye bye, Lilja, Maltby, Williams, Meech AND Lebda... The guys who should get the raises are Helm & Miller. Abdelkader will get a slight raise, but nothing of significance.

Bertuzzi ($500,000)
Holmstrom ($500,000)
Eaves ($500,000)
Helm ($750,000)
Miller ($650,000)
Abdelkder ($950,000)
Lidstrom ($3,000,000)

Thats $6,850,000 in salary and that would leave Holland just over $10,000,000 to improve this team. (Ladd & Mitchell would be a GREAT start!)

Although I know Bertuzzi is not going to accept $500,000, but if he doesn't want to build a winner here, then adios!

wow, you must have still been asleep and dreaming when you came up with this scenario.

#22 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

I think the only guy that deserves a raise is Helm to be honest, he has pretty much been our most consistant player for the last 2 seasons, i just wish Datsyuk would work with him, with his speed and some better hands i could only imagine the points he could put up. Miller and Maltby can both go i would rather let Abby get the time and chance to play full time Bertuzzi and Williams could both walk 3mill between the two of them. There are alot of good UFA/RFA coming up this off-season

#23 taxijim

taxijim

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

I think the only guy that deserves a raise is Helm to be honest, he has pretty much been our most consistant player for the last 2 seasons, i just wish Datsyuk would work with him, with his speed and some better hands i could only imagine the points he could put up. Miller and Maltby can both go i would rather let Abby get the time and chance to play full time Bertuzzi and Williams could both walk 3mill between the two of them. There are alot of good UFA/RFA coming up this off-season

I agree.....in fact I think that he is worth more than 1 million considering what some of the other doggers get. He can lift the team & change the course of a game in a second with his speed & work ethic.He is not a natural goal scorer, but I would like to see him get just a little time on the PP to play with the big boys (other than Hudler he hasn't played with any real quality players). He is only going to improve & already seems to be the go to guy on the PK.

#24 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

Did you not notice Hudler was back?

Bertuzzi is still making $1.3m from his Anaheim buyout remember -- that is the only reason he signed for as little as $1.5m. I dunno, maybe he will sign for that low again (with no supplementary income from Anaheim next year) but I would not be shocked if he demanded as much as $3m, in which case he would obviously not be a Red Wing.

Edit: Re-read your post and I agree with you. It'd be great if Bertuzzi actually took a lesser salary (along with Lidstrom) in the hopes of building a winner in the summer.

Edited by RedWingAbner, 09 March 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

We need to add Andrew Ladd & Willie Mitchell and that is what will make this team better next year. IF we re-sign ANY of the old timers, it needs to be for $500,000 or they can leave. The exception be Lidstrom, but he does need to sign for LESS than $4,000,000. If he wants to play one more season, he knows, he cannot handcuff the Wings from getting a couple of players to make this team better. Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Maltby, Eaves, etc all making $500,000 and LIdstrom making $3M would allow that. I say bye bye, Lilja, Maltby, Williams, Meech AND Lebda... The guys who should get the raises are Helm & Miller. Abdelkader will get a slight raise, but nothing of significance.

Bertuzzi ($500,000)
Holmstrom ($500,000)
Eaves ($500,000)
Helm ($750,000)
Miller ($650,000)
Abdelkder ($950,000)
Lidstrom ($3,000,000)

Thats $6,850,000 in salary and that would leave Holland just over $10,000,000 to improve this team. (Ladd & Mitchell would be a GREAT start!)

Although I know Bertuzzi is not going to accept $500,000, but if he doesn't want to build a winner here, then adios!

i definately agree that the wings should try and add guys like ladd and mitchell, but the salaries you are projecting for the others are unrealistic. abby isn't going to make almost twice as much as bert and homer. eaves will probably sign for around the same as this year for another year. and all of us at LGW hope like hell that lids does the same thing yzerman did and play for peanuts to get some good players in to prepare the team to lose him. if lids plays super cheap, then holland may be able to lure in a couple good guys to round out the line-up. lids is a class act and may take a pay cut for one last really good chance at a cup, or perhaps a thank you to the wings organization and fans....here's hoping.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

wow, you must have still been asleep and dreaming when you came up with this scenario.

Well that reply added alot to the conversation...

We aren't winning with this team, period. If Bertuzzi wants more, he is free go elsewhere, that is why it is called UNRESTRICTED. Holmstrom needs to take a HUGE paycut if he wants to re-sign, or take a hike. Eaves would be the same pay as this year, Helm will get a raise, Miller would get a raise, Abdelkader will get a raise. Lidstrom needs to sign for no more than $4MM or Holland will not be able to improve this team. The Wings are more than one player away from being a contender again. They need to take to $16MM they have available and get multiple players for it. Mitchell is at $3.5M right now, will he get offers for more than $4.5? Probably, but you never know. Chicago is ALREADY over the cap for next year and unless they can unload Huet or Campbell, they stand to lose Ladd, Eager, Fraser, Hendry, Hjalmarsson & Niemi who are ALL RFA's and need to be signed or lose them...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#27 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Keep in mind Hudler is most likely going to be back next year.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#28 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

I would be happy with this proposal yet I think it is unrealistic. If you were the GM and said take it or leave with these salaries, you would have to hire Hitchcock to piss off all the young hot prospects we have and run them out of town. Then we could start another 42 years of no Cup.

Posted Image

#29 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

Keep in mind Hudler is most likely going to be back next year.

:hysterical: Ya give up $5MM US Non-Taxed, for $2.3 US TAXED.... Thats a hoot!

www.thinkdunes.com

#30 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

Well based purely on the OP, I said Yes to both. I think it's safe to say a few of those guesstimated numbers won't match up.

I think it's funny that 50%+ wouldn't like that roster, but 50%+ think that the roster provided would be top 5 in the league.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#31 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

Andrew Ladd? Well Filppula has some great experience passing to him already.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#32 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

Andrew Ladd? Well Filppula has some great experience passing to him already.

:clap:

Posted Image

#33 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Bertuzzi ($500,000)
Holmstrom ($500,000)
Eaves ($500,000)
Helm ($750,000)
Miller ($650,000)
Abdelkder ($950,000)
Lidstrom ($3,000,000)

Hey, next time you have crack, make sure you bring enough for everyone.

#34 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hey, next time you have crack, make sure you bring enough for everyone.

Gee, I'm sorry, nevermind. There should be NO changes next year, lets give Lidstrom $10M, lets give Bertuzzi $2M, lets give Williams $2M, lets give Holmstrom $2M, Helm and the rest of the FA's can battle it out for the remaining money....

All Hail This Years Detroit Red Wings! The BEST roster ever assembled! Stanley Cup, the next 5 years in a row!

Too much Lidstrom love here! The guy needs to step up and take a HUGE paycut if he wants to win again. Whats the use of him coming back if he's gonna suck up 3/4's of the available cap room? Why come back and just lose again and not make the payoffs? (again)

Edited by LeftWinger, 10 March 2010 - 07:45 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#35 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Gee, I'm sorry, nevermind. There should be NO changes next year, lets give Lidstrom $10M, lets give Bertuzzi $2M, lets give Williams $2M, lets give Holmstrom $2M, Helm and the rest of the FA's can battle it out for the remaining money....

All Hail This Years Detroit Red Wings! The BEST roster ever assembled! Stanley Cup, the next 5 years in a row!

Too much Lidstrom love here! The guy needs to step up and take a HUGE paycut if he wants to win again. Whats the use of him coming back if he's gonna suck up 3/4's of the available cap room? Why come back and just lose again and not make the payoffs? (again)

Other than that fact that Lidstrom is still 9th among defensemen in points and 8th in +/-, I'm not saying that Lidstrom doesn't need to take a paycut.

I'm just saying you're an idiot and your ideas for next year's salary seem to be drug-induced.

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Other than that fact that Lidstrom is still 9th among defensemen in points and 8th in +/-, I'm not saying that Lidstrom doesn't need to take a paycut.

I'm just saying you're an idiot and your ideas for next year's salary seem to be drug-induced.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. What are your suggestions for next year to make this team a top 5 team again? And please don't mention anything about Hudler :puke: coming back...

www.thinkdunes.com

#37 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for calling me an idiot. What are your suggestions for next year to make this team a top 5 team again? And please don't mention anything about Hudler :puke: coming back...

Yeah, Hudler is obviously a bad player to have at $2.8m, which is why Ken Holland is fully willing to bring him back for that. :rolleyes:

Frankly with one or two decent off-season free agent pickups, we'll be fine.

The problem this season has been injuries. It sounds cliché by this point, but it's very true, and it's still having an effect on this team; Franzen, Zetterberg, Cleary, Filppula, Rafalski, et al aren't at 100%.

I'd honestly like to see us pick up a goal scorer like Afinogenov with the free space we'll be getting.

#38 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

:hysterical: Ya give up $5MM US Non-Taxed, for $2.3 US TAXED.... Thats a hoot!

Babcock talks to Huds and he said he will be back next year. Huds isn't really feeling Russia all his friends and whatnot are here.

#39 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

I think Hudler coming back would be great for this team 57pts on the 3rd line isn't something to many teams have,ya im pissed he left us but come on if you were him you would leave to make 2mill or 10mill a season ? not to many people are going for the 2 especially a young guy

Franzen(3.9)-Datsyuk(6.7)-Holmstrom(1.5)
Zetterberg(6)-Flip(3)-Hudler(2.5)
Cleary(2.5)-Wellwood(1.5)-Ritola(600k)
Abdelkader(1)-Helm(750k)-Draper(1.6)
Eaves(500k)

Lidstrom(4)-Kronwall(3.25)
Rafalski(6)-Stuart(3.75)
Lilja(1.25)-Kindl(800k)
Ericcson(900k)

Howard(750k)
Osgood(1.4)

$54,150,000
I believe Ritola's contract is up this year which means he has to be signed to a big club one or he leaves for picks, i think its time we start giving some of these young guys more of a chance. Instead of having older guys like Bertuzzi and Williams in there why not plus leaves some Cap space to make some changes and what not throughout the year.

Edited by king_malice, 10 March 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#40 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

I think its wishful thinking to expect Kyle Wellwood to sign here. Vancouver is in very good shape in terms of the cap, and at this point the Wings are in no better position to win the cup than the Canucks.