• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Filppula to be paired with Zetterberg

Rate this topic

If we're going to be a one line team then we might as well load up and make one really great top line with ZDF. I've seen nothing out of our current second line that would suggest it will eventually start putting the puck in the back of the net.

"Fil definitely helps because he can make a lot of plays, he skates with the puck and hangs on to it all over the ice. And since Bert has been with us, he's played good as well, being in front of the net and making plays.

"It's an easy line to play with and it's clicking."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100323/SPORTS0103/3230330/1128/Red-Wings-3--Penguins-1--Henrik-Zetterberg-leaves-mark-on-Penguins#ixzz0iz4b0IBP

If we're going to be a one line team then we might as well load up and make one really great top line with ZDF. I've seen nothing out of our current second line that would suggest it will eventually start putting the puck in the back of the net.

Hopefully I'm wrong. They've been really good the past 2 games.

I agree totally that cleary should not be on that line! also I am Saying I was wrong about Flip and Z not working too, Bert Z and Flip are that scary second line Ive been hoping for all season! Now we have 1 & 2. Heading into the playoffs I hope the lines look like:

Franzen~Dats~Holmstrom

Bertuzzi~Hank~Flipulla

Cleary~Miller~Williams

Draper~Helm~Eaves

or does line 3 look like :scared: ...im not sure lol

Edited by 13dangledangle

Wow! Hank and Val are really playing well right now. It's only been a few games but they are performing better than expected. I'd love to eat crow on this, as I stated I didn't think it was going to be successful.

I've never seen Val playing as aggressive as he is right now. He's looked really dominant at times out there the past few games. That goal he scored was all confidence. If he can sustain this, it's going to be impossible to contain the Wings.

Edited by Pucks