• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
juice71285

Wings Looking at Norwegian Forward?

Rate this topic

I figured I would put this in the rumor mill, as eliteprospects.com has it listed under doubtful rumors. But here are two sites talking about the Wings as "potential" suitors for a Norwegian forward named Mats Zuccarello Aasen. He finished atop the scoring charts in the regular season of the Swedish Elitserien with MODO.

1. http://hockeysverige.se/news_show_detroit-ar-hetast-for-mats.html?id=9550181

Google translation:

2. http://msn.tv2sporten.no/ishockey/-detroit-er-hottest-for-zuccarello-3162647.html

Google:

As you can see its primarily Aasen's agent saying Detroit is the right fit rather than Detroit personnel.

Here is his page on Eliteprospects. http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10881〈=en

I was wondering if anybody who has seen this guy play, would he fit into the Wings system? He will be 23 next season, so he will still have room to improve.

First of all, he must to be willing to play in the AHL. That is absolutely a must. And then after a year, maybe longer, the role he can hope for is a bottom six scorer much like Leino was supposed to be and at best a 3rd/2nd line tweener as a Red Wing. If he wants to be a Red Wing, he will likely have to abide by those conditions.

A guy who is 5'7 making the Red Wings and being effective would be a good story though. Just not all that likely, which is what makes it a good story.

I could care less if the player doesn't want to play in the AHL.

Seriously, it only hurts the player himself. If we sign him, and he doesn't make the team. You just waive him and let him go elsewhere or home. No harm in that. It isn't like we would lose anything because of it.

I saw an interview on norwegian television a couple days ago, where he said that he thought it was OK to play in AHL. He understood that he would have to fight for a position in NHL. I hope Detroit will sign Zuccarello Awesome!

I saw an interview on norwegian television a couple days ago, where he said that he thought it was OK to play in AHL. He understood that he would have to fight for a position in NHL. I hope Detroit will sign Zuccarello Awesome!

for norway in the olympics i started to notice how much i heard his name and started trying to watch the guy and i must say that hes got speed, dangles, vision but sure lacks the size aspect. his puck possesion style of play and his ability to hold the puck just that extra second reminds me of my first impression of filpula/hudler/leino(when he looked confident). something i would definitely be interested in after he has proven he can adjust to the north american puck

if true, that makes me want him even more.

Another norwegian I would like the Wings to have a look at, is Patrick Thoresen.

Played last season in the russian KHL-league (57 points, 56 games: 24 goals, and 15 games with 14 points in playoffs). He was also voted MVP in KHL last season.

Scored 6 points in the WC, 2 goals.

Played with Edmonton and Philly in the NHL. Philly put him on waivers, so he might become unrestricted free agent..1st of July, is it?

Anyway.. what do you guys think?

Edited by Norwegian Red Wing