• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

Which prospects will make the jump to the big club next year? which prospects will play for Griffins? If not on the wings of Griffins where will prospects be playing?

some prospects that may make the jump to the wings:

Abdelkader(he will for sure idk if to even count him as a prospect)
kindl
Ritola
Mursak(may get in a few games pending injuries)

prospects that may make the jup to the Griffins(from juniors, college, Europe):

Brendan Smith
Gustav Nyquist
Brent Raedeke
Willie Coetzee
Bian Lashoff
Julien Cayer?

thoughts on any others?

#2 ceebs

ceebs

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Andersson and Axelsson make the jump from the SEL to GR. Hopefully Axelsson fares a bit better this time around, he's done quite well since leaving the GR earlier this season. Ferraro hopefully is ready next for the AHL next year as well.

Edited by ceebs, 24 March 2010 - 03:36 PM.

I'll say this once and I'll say it clearly, Dumphy's on the cup next to Danny Cleary!

#3 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

im pumped about seeing Lashoff make the jump up to the Griffins next year. i had season tickets last year, and went to every home playoff game last year, this kid was a man among boys. the way i remember it, he is only 19 now right???

as for the rest, everyone knows Abdelkader and Kindl will be in the D next year, with Ritola and Mursak most likely starting the year in GR, being the primary callups in case of injuries. I also wouldnt be too surprised to see Sergei Kolosov get some time in the NHL next year, it seems like the Wings are pretty high on this kid.

Tomas Tatar might get a look as well, all though this is his first year in America. he has put up some really good numbers so far for GR.

What about guys like Jamie Tardiff and Francis Pare???

Edited by shaeb30, 24 March 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#4 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Ferraro is too young according to the CHL AHL agreement but he can hop on after his sason is over

#5 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

I am pretty excited for Joakim Andersson to come over the pond. Hopefully he is a Griffin next year but I feel he might be in the SEL for one more season.

#6 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

I don't think that Tardif will ever get more than sporadic (if any) time with Detroit.

Almqvist will hopefully make the transition from HV71's junior team to the main team (where he has been doing well in the playoffs, I think that he has a goal and an assist so far in three playoff games).
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Just going to get this out of the way. More or less, if a player in the CHL still has junior eligibility they cannot play in the AHL.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

How has Tatar been closing out the season with GR? I stopped following him just prior to the Olympics.

#9 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

How has Tatar been closing out the season with GR? I stopped following him just prior to the Olympics.

I think that Tatar has started to slow down. The long season is starting to get to him. I know he was a healthy scratch for a few games earlier on in March. Not sure if he has played lately.

#10 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

tatar has been s***ty lately