• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Phoenix - More wings fans than yotes fans?

Rate this topic

We have all seen it, when the wings play in Glendale the LGW chants come out, octopi are thrown, the crowd is a sea of red wings fans, it seems like out of any city Phoenix has the most wings fans besides any in Michigan, northern ohio, or sw ontario.

:clap: this is one of the matchups that we wanted because there will be a definite wings flavor to the crowd.

Guest mindfly

How's the ice and stuff in glendale? 100degrees outside and a full building? erhm...

I'll bet Bettman will be sure to censor the crowd as much as possible, stopping the chants from being broadcast. If it's any indication that a team doesn't belong in a city, it's when the home crowd is cheering in full force for the away team during the playoffs.

The majority of tickets have been sold so the amount of Wings fans at the building won't be as high as previous games.

Should be a good percentage though.

Haha - sold to whom exactly? I'm all over CL and ebay now looking for some - there are a boatlaod to be had.

Haha - sold to whom exactly? I'm all over CL and ebay now looking for some - there are a boatlaod to be had.

Unless Nostradamus is a Wings fan I would assume Phoenix fans.

Like I said the MAJORITY have been sold, so I would think there are maybe 1k tickets (from scalpers or whomever) that will be sold from now till the start of the series.

AH CRAP! I waited to see who would play the Coyotes and I got burned. Now its off to Craigslist or Ebay or something to try to get tickets. :ranting:

Also, theres plenty of Blackhawks fans here who will double as Coyotes fans just to spite the wings. I hope you guys realize that.

I was in Phoenix right at the beginning of this year for other stuff but lucked out when the Wings played the Coyotes the first weekend of the new year. There were a fair amount of Wings fans there, probably at least 20-25% of the arena was filled with Wings fans. Coyote fans were just as into it as well. Game was sold out. Hopefully Coyote fans bring some crowds again for the postseason.