• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JasonNewEra

Identify this Autograph!

Rate this topic

Okay I went to an Alumni game the other day and I got some autographs from guys I didn't recognize. I figured them all out except for one.

Can anybody identify this man? I can't... the Internet has failed me. So now I leave it up to the Wing faithful. If this is in the wrong place I don't mind it being moved. I couldn't think of where to put it so.

post-14502-12710502746739_thumb.jpg

Now I'm confused. I do know from collecting hockey cards that signatures can vary quite a bit over the years and depending on the number of times they've signed in that session (which makes sense-- when I have to sign a contract or something my signature falls apart pretty quickly).

Hmmm... it must be one of those two guys. But based on the fact that Vlady said she met him through what I presume was a Wings alumni event I'm leaning towards him.

Looking at Doug's signature on my license plate (which has faded a bit over the "California" in red on the of my autographed license plate) - it looks like dougie's signature. If I remember correctly he was left handed because I was holding the plate for him when he signed it and he was having a little bit of a tough time because it wasn't a flat surface and the lettering was getting in the way. We actually got to talk to him for quite a bit because we were talking about Vladdy. He was a super nice guy too.

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

Looking at Doug's signature on my license plate (which has faded a bit over the "California" in red on the of my autographed license plate) - it looks like dougie's signature. If I remember correctly he was left handed because I was holding the plate for him when he signed it and he was having a little bit of a tough time because it wasn't a flat surface and the lettering was getting in the way. We actually got to talk to him for quite a bit because we were talking about Vladdy. He was a super nice guy too.

Nice! Well that's one more mystery solved by the LGW mystery team! :hehe:

Well here is a list, according to that website, of all living former Red Wings to wear the #17.

Marcel Bonin, 1953/54

Doug Brown, 1999-2001

Kyle Calder, 2007

Joe Carveth, 1951

Steve Coates, 1977

Wayne Connelly, 1969/70

Bobby Crawford, 1983

Alex Delvecchio, 1951

Bill Dineen, 1954-57

Tim Ecclestone, 1972-74

Bo Elik, 1963

Mike Foligno, 1980-82

Jody Gage, 1982

Gerard Gallant, 1985-93

Ted Hampson, 1965

Dave Hanson, 1979

Bret Hull, 2002-04

Pierre Jarry, 1974/75

Allan Johnson, 1961/62

Eddie Johnstone, 1984

Forbes Kennedy, 1958-60

Claude Laforge, 1962

Roger Lafreniere, 1963

Mark Lofthouse, 1983

Ken Mann, 1976

Al McDonough, 1978

Brian Murphy, 1975

Brad Norton, 2007

Murray Oliver, 1960

Rob Plumb, 1979

Metro Prystai, 1951

Bobby Sheehan, 1977

Brad Smith, 1983

Floyd Smith, 1963-68

Obviously, not all of these men are alumni - but this should help us get started.

I appreciate everybody's input, it seems that Doug Brown is my man. I will also be asking around at card shows and the likes to make sure. I'm a little hesitant to put the stamp down because he wasn't there for the actual game, but I suppose he could have been there for other purposes. Again, thanks guys!

Okay I went to an Alumni game the other day and I got some autographs from guys I didn't recognize. I figured them all out except for one.

Can anybody identify this man? I can't... the Internet has failed me. So now I leave it up to the Wing faithful. If this is in the wrong place I don't mind it being moved. I couldn't think of where to put it so.

Looks nothing like Doug Brown's signature. Even if was in a hurry, it would have SOME of the same characteristics.

Looks nothing like Doug Brown's signature. Even if was in a hurry, it would have SOME of the same characteristics.

Funny, because after looking at your pics... I disagree. I definitely see similarities, IMO. The beginning could easily be his D in a hurry and the flourishy 8 or S looking thing looks similar to his B, especially in the second picture. And the 17 looks like it is written in a similar way.

You know what would be great?

If the OP could pinpoint what the guy in question looked like.

That would be good....but he suggested that Doug wasn't even there that night, so how could it be his auto, I'm totally confused by that.

I am at a loss. It looks like an A and then in the last name it looks like a G (kind of.) Al McDonough? He only played 13 games for the Wings, has he ever played on the Alumni team or have any association with it? Its a mystery.

edit: Never-mind

Edited by LeftWinger