• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Wings breaking the rules in SJ

Rate this topic

$2500? That's 500 Hot-N-Ready pizzas. Those of you with Little Caesar's nearby better do your part!

Thankfully, there's no way that the $2500 fine (if we do in fact have to pay it) can be used towards next year's salary cap.

$2500? That's 500 Hot-N-Ready pizzas. Those of you with Little Caesar's nearby better do your part!

Thankfully, there's no way that the $2500 fine (if we do in fact have to pay it) can be used towards next year's salary cap.

Pizza doesn't sound bad tomorrow. It's the most food I can get for my money anyway, I think. Although I'll say the quality is hit or miss at the Little Caesars in my town, don't know about elsewhere.

Guest Shoreline

Cheap ass Bettman.

Yep. This is clearly a conspiracy to have the Sharks vs. Pens in the finals, with Crosby having surprise buttsecks with Bettman on top of the cup in the end.

Edited by Shoreline

Yep. This is clearly a conspiracy to have the Sharks vs. Pens in the finals, with Crosby having surprise buttsecks with Bettman on top of the cup in the end.

Exactly.

I had some on Sunday and it was yummy!

:P

Pizza or...? I'm just going to assume pizza.

i can see the point of the rule, but if they make exceptions for things "outside of the pilot's" control, i'd hope that a late ending to game seven and the fact that the game would have been on friday if not for the eagles concert will work in the wings' favor. in any case, when you have a salary of 50+ million in addition to what have to be massive operating expenses, i doubt that 2.5k is going to get more than a blink of an eye from the DRW organization.

Guest Shoreline

In all seriousness though the area sure does come up with innovative ways to get the local government more money. The Oracle CEO obviously agrees.

As one who lives near an airport, I understand why they have this rule. As Stormboy said, $2500 is nothing. If you own a plane as a private citizen, you can afford it. This is just to keep people from doing it all the time.

I was wondering if the Wings could have just taken off in the morning, but had they lost, they'd have been on the plane back to Detroit.

Fargo sold out its hotel rooms when the Eagles played here. Can you imagine if the Wings would have had to be put up in separate hotels, and four guys to a room due to lack of space? I'd hate to be their travel agent. Yeah, I know SJ is a big city. Civilization and all that. Wouldn't happen there.

Living anywhere near an airport sucks already, the rule makes sense.

$2500? That's nothing to the Wings. They should just send Williams to the airport as a downpayment with a note pinned to him saying "This should cover at least 3 more late landings."

Hahaha...

Oh poor Willy. So worthless as a hockey player.

Hahaha...

Oh poor Willy. So worthless as a Red Wings player.

there, fixed that for you... he's been pretty good everywhere else he's gone and was even a top 6 guy in Columbus... I'm actually REALLY surprised they didn't re-sign him and I expect him back there next year... he just never has(and never will) work in the Detroit system...

Pizza doesn't sound bad tomorrow. It's the most food I can get for my money anyway, I think. Although I'll say the quality is hit or miss at the Little Caesars in my town, don't know about elsewhere.

I've found that the Hot N Ready's are generally hit or miss wherever you go - which makes sense. To me though - when it misses, it doesn't miss that bad and when it's on, it's ON.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

hmm..could this be the turning point in the series... ;)

hmm..could this be the turning point in the series... ;)

ask tsn and ray ferraro about the turning point. SJ airport is definately maguires monster of the series. and todd mcclellan is a special coach...special! craig mctavish has no valid point of his own to make. darren dreger replies with LOUD NOISES. :P

NHL playoffs cant make news, but on YAHOO, its front page

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Red-Wings-could-be-fined-for-breaking-San-Jose-c?urn=nhl,237605

"The Wings told the paper they weren't aware of the curfew or the potential fine. If they don't successfully fight it, Detroit owner Mike Ilitch will be left with two options: Paying the $2,500 fine or buying the city of San Jose and changing the law. Because we're pretty sure he can afford to do either, or both."

Good quote though

Guest CaliWingsNut

no... it's not 500 hot-n-ready pizzas. It's ALOT more. Try subtracting labor, food, etc. It's like 5000 pizzas, if not more (I doubt they even have a 50 cent profit).

Edited by CaliWingsNut

I'm kinda surprised the fine is so small. Quite hours can be a pain though. I had to overnight in Italy when I was coming back to Germany from Bosnia. "Missed" making it all the way to Germany by 40 minutes.