• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingAbner

Canadiens owe Mike Green

Rate this topic

What about the very end where Green whiffed on the puck as he checked his man instead of focusing on getting the puck up ahead or behind the net?

which brings up a prior point that i made that green has NO defensive hockey sense. it's like everything he does has to make some sort of statement. can't rub the guy off the puck and direct the puck to a safe zone...nope, gotta try and put him through the boards. can't play the puck off the glass...gotta throw a blind pass up the middle and have it end up in your own net. can't just trip a guy...gotta try and injure him with a bulls*** slewfoot. <--spelling?

which brings up a prior point that i made that green has NO defensive hockey sense. it's like everything he does has to make some sort of statement. can't rub the guy off the puck and direct the puck to a safe zone...nope, gotta try and put him through the boards. can't play the puck off the glass...gotta throw a blind pass up the middle and have it end up in your own net. can't just trip a guy...gotta try and injure him with a bulls*** slewfoot. <--spelling?

Agreed. He's a bit of a disaster. Green's game is definitely not useful in the playoffs.

What about the very end where Green whiffed on the puck as he checked his man instead of focusing on getting the puck up ahead or behind the net?

Just another case where Green didn't do anything to make himself a hero.

On a side note, who here is still upset that we traded away the draft pick that netted Mike Green?

No doubt Green screwed up but I put most of the blame on Ovie. Once he got hold of the puck past center ice he NEVER bothered to even look for a teammate to help with the rush. He just kept trying to plow his way to the goal and the Canadians at times had 3 guys on him because they didn't have to worry about him passing off. Same goes for the goalie, all he had to do was concentrate on stopping his shot if he managed to get one off which most of the time he didn't. Pretty tough to do if you have guys hanging all over you....Too bad he thinks he is the only one on the team that can handle the puck or score goals. Caps should have won and probably would have had he not been so pigheaded. Puck hog lost and needs to watch the game tapes and learn from them... Anyone that thinks he is not arrogant is just doing an ostrich game.

Yah, I noticed that right away. Mr No Pass=epic playoff failure, there were open caps left and right in great position to take shots. I'm thinking Ovechkin and Green have to share the blame for thier loss.

We were talking about this today and it came up that Green is a player that wasn't good enough to be a winger so he is a D man.

I lol'd

Regardless that whole team from the coach down blew it from game 5 on.

I miss Fleischmann too, or should I say missed...

What a disappearing act he pulled in the playoffs, AGAIN.

1 assist in 6 games.

Caps fans on the HF boards seem to feel the same way... most seem to be praying he walks.