• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

5/12 Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

So I turned the Pens-Habs game off after the win. Did Crosby "forget" to shake either Markov, Gill, or Gionta's hand claiming he was "too caught up in the moment?" Or maybe he just used another lame excuse to not shake hands with a team's captain, or in this case, alternative captains. :P

Great win, Habs. Here's to a deserving, hard-working team winning the Cup this year. Go, Habs, go. You made my night, especially after hearing that was the last game at the Igloo. He, he. I almost feel bad . . . almost. :taunt:

Just went back and watched the Habs v Pens highlights.

What the hell was Gonchar doing on that short handed goal?? One of the worst plays from a top Dman I have ever seen.

Can't wait to see what Crosby has in store for another game 7. It will certainly be a treat to watch. Just hope it's a close game.

I just got home about a half hour ago. Recorded the game, haven't watched the second and third periods, but I just LOVED what Crosby had in store in the first one. And OH gawd, was it a treat to watch!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :colorbounce:

Edited by Vladifan

I just got home about a half hour ago. Recorded the game, haven't watched the second and third periods, but I just LOVED what Crosby had in store. And OH gawd, was it a treat to watch!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :colorbounce:

Oh yeah, it was great. About as good as the entire Red Wings team looked in game 5. :sly:

This just hasn't been a good year all around for me.

Philly better come through for me now!

Oh yeah, it was great. About as good as the entire Red Wings team looked in game 5. :sly:

This just hasn't been a good year all around for me.

Philly better come through for me now!

You aren't hoping for a Montreal-Boston bloodmatch? Those teams hate each other with a passion. I'm pumped about possibly seeing those two teams face each other.

You aren't hoping for a Montreal-Boston bloodmatch? Those teams hate each other with a passion. I'm pumped about possibly seeing those two teams face each other.

I would if Boston was healthy(Granted Philly is banged up too). I just don't think it would be that good.

I think Montreal could match up well with Philly. Philly is more physical, but I don't think they are going to be able to score.

Habs PP has been impressive and Philly loves to take penalties.

Either one would be a good series, although each one is dependent on how long Halak can continue to stand on his head.

Edited by Carman

I would if Boston was healthy(Granted Philly is banged up too). I just don't think it would be that good.

I think Montreal could match up well with Philly. Philly is more physical, but I don't think they are going to be able to score.

Habs PP has been impressive and Philly loves to take penalties.

Either one would be a good series, although each one is dependent on how long Halak can continue to stand on his head.

I'm just happy that I don't hate the team coming out of the East. If the Sharks can just eliminate the s***hawks I'll be happy with this season.

Guest Shoreline

I tried to get the day off of work to see this -- f***, I just knew something good was going to happen. Great job Habs! Penguins gone wooohooo!

Now only the Blackhawks need to be eliminated and I'm perfectly content with whoever wins it.

Here's a fun article to read now. This was written the day before Game 7. Love Pittsburgh sports writers :rolleyes:

"Bet on Crosby and Penguins to win"

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10131/1057266-87.stm

You remember Volek's overtime goal for the New York Islanders to beat a terrific Penguins team in Game 7 of the 1993 playoffs? How about Fitzgerald's third-period goal for the Florida Panthers that stunned the Penguins in the '96 conference final?

There won't be a repeat Wednesday night at Mellon Arena.

Write it down.

Crosby won't allow it to happen.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Guest Four

Montreal is rioting again.. what will happen if they actually WIN the cup?

Edited by Four

Montreal is rioting again.. what will happen if they actually WIN the cup?

:lol: was just going to post this:

MONTREAL — Police regained control of the downtown core early Thursday after firing tear gas at hundreds of bottle-tossing youths who looted businesses following the Montreal Canadiens' Game 7 victory in Pittsburgh.

The vandalism occurred after most of the tens of thousands of jubilant hockey fans left the area.

Looters wrapped their faces in garments — in some cases the ones they'd stolen — and dashed into a liquor store. With their identities concealed, they leaped through the smashed front window and emerged moments later with their arms full.

One man warned his female friend to be careful with the loot.

"Hide the bottle," he snapped. "The police."

He was referring to the line of officers who watched impassively from the closest street corner. Their reinforcements were on the way.

Rows of black-clad riot officers charged in from the peripheries, rattling their shields as a warning to the crowd before firing tear-gas canisters. Police said about 25 people were arrested and two officers sustained minor injuries.

Shortly after the Canadiens' 5-2 victory over the Penguins, fireworks erupted over Ste-Catherine Street as people crowd-surfed and held aloft trinkets including Stanley Cup replicas and a stuffed penguin.

The flag-waving crowd was as euphoric as the 21,000 fans who crammed into the Bell Centre to watch the game on giant screens. After the game, they spilled out into the streets chanting, "We want the Cup! We want the Cup!

Montreal has a history of hockey-related violence.

Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed and looted after the Canadiens beat Boston in the 2008 playoffs, and there also were riots after Montreal's Stanley Cup victories in 1986 and 1993. The most famous riot was in 1955 when Habs great Maurice Richard was suspended and fans took to the street to cause such havoc that Richard had to make a public appeal for calm.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Just can't help themselves can they..

Guest mindfly

Damn it feels good that pittsburgh lost... FU PENGUIN!!!!!!11111111111111111111111

Hope Boston gets their finger's out of their assholes ASAP, original 6 matchup in the eastern final, YES PLEASE

:lol: was just going to post this:

Just can't help themselves can they..

In Canada we like to joke that within Quebec the only thing that comes before God is the Canadiens. Seriously... for French-Canadians the Habs are a religion.

In Canada we like to joke that within Quebec the only thing that comes before God is the Canadiens. Seriously... for French-Canadians the Habs are a religion.

That is actually pretty awesome...albeit a little scary :lol:

Most people I know have never even heard of the redwings..imagine that! I once had someone point out my wings jersey and say "oh cool, I like scrubs too!"

...close enough! Haha

That is actually pretty awesome...albeit a little scary :lol:

Most people I know have never even heard of the redwings..imagine that! I once had someone point out my wings jersey and say "oh cool, I like scrubs too!"

...close enough! Haha

:lol: scrubs!