• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

July 1st...

Rate this topic

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what other teams do, I've pretty much conceded that the Red Wings will be a minor player in the free agent market.

Tampa Bay only has 13 players under contract as of July 1st, 5 forwards 7 defensemen and one goalie, and $21 million and change in cap space, I look for Yzerman to make some noise, both in trades and in FA acquisitions, and the Lightning will be a very dangerous team once again.

Toronto is another team I see making a lot of changes, first and foremost sending Kaberle and his 4.25mil cap hit off to greener pastures.

It's going to be very interesting to see where some of the high-profile free agents end up, and how many of them take less money than their last contract (especially the goalies).

This summer's FA pool will be the weakest since the lockout.

Indeed, there are a few big names but little beyond that. The UFA's are only a small reason I'm looking forward to the offseason

I don't think Edmonton is in the market for a goalie. They have three right now... Khabibulin, Deslauriers, and Dubnyk. The latter two are young goalies whom the Oilers like, but they saddled themselves with Khabibulin's HUGE contract (3 more years at $3.75M PER YEAR). Deslauriers and Dubnyk made a combined $1.3M and both are RFA. I bet the Oilers would gladly dump Khabibulin in exchange for another bad contract so they could keep the other two goalies...

Seems like whoever signs Frolov is going to overpay quite a bit.

I dont think they will he is making 4mill now i actually think he will make less then that, ya he has great potential but over the last 4 years his numbers have gotten worse from 71pts,67pts,59pts and 51pts this past season. now i dont think he is going to make alot les but id say somewhere between 3.5-4 again

I certainly hope Holland/Nill focus more on size; I'm tired of seeing a team full of 5 feet somethings getting pushed around...Our D in particular can use some nastiness.

If what some scouts say is true of McIlrath (potential to be somewhere in between a Derian Hatcher, and Chris Pronger), and he's available - I hope he'll then be a Red Wing, but I won't hold my breath.

isn't it funny that everytime some mentions something about wanting to get bigger and they are kinda bored with all the small players on the Wings, they get a negative? It's like just because someone would like to see a player above 6'2" and over 210lbs. they aren't really a Wings fan. (bring on the negatives)

edit: I gave you a positive to bring you back even! Plus I totally agree with you!

:hysterical: I got two negatives just because! Too Funnyt! I didn't even say anything negative! You guys really are ****** bags!

Edited by LeftWinger

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what other teams do, I've pretty much conceded that the Red Wings will be a minor player in the free agent market.

Tampa Bay only has 13 players under contract as of July 1st, 5 forwards 7 defensemen and one goalie, and $21 million and change in cap space, I look for Yzerman to make some noise, both in trades and in FA acquisitions, and the Lightning will be a very dangerous team once again.

Toronto is another team I see making a lot of changes, first and foremost sending Kaberle and his 4.25mil cap hit off to greener pastures.

It's going to be very interesting to see where some of the high-profile free agents end up, and how many of them take less money than their last contract (especially the goalies).

It will be interesting to see what Toronto,Washington,and Tampa do.I'm interested to see what San Jose does after yet another playoff choke.I think Kovy bolts to Russia.

Guest Lidstromboli

Frolov spent most of this year on the 2nd and third lines and was usually around 7-8th on the team in ES and PP minutes. i think that has something to do with his dropping point totals (along with being inconsistent). i'm not sure who he played with last season though

I just hope something happens; doesn't have to concern the Red Wings either.

I think it will be an exciting off season - once again, not here necessarily, but around the league.

I think we're going to see a TON of movement in Chicago, a decent amount in Toronto and someone will probably land a big FA that no one was expecting them to land... it's just a matter of who and what... a lot of moves will most likely happen at the draft too, so maybe not even July 1st as I originally said, but I'm starting to get more pumped about the draft now too!

I think it will be an exciting off season - once again, not here necessarily, but around the league.

I think we're going to see a TON of movement in Chicago, a decent amount in Toronto and someone will probably land a big FA that no one was expecting them to land... it's just a matter of who and what... a lot of moves will most likely happen at the draft too, so maybe not even July 1st as I originally said, but I'm starting to get more pumped about the draft now too!

i just hope the draft brings dylan mcilrath to round out the wings D-prospect pool with smith, almqvist and lashoff. not sure if i missed anyone important, but those 4 would give the wings something to look forward to on the back end. i really hope the wings brass can snag another good forward like tatar in the 2nd round this year, just a little bigger if they will. the wings will be deadly if they have a good mix of sizes of players.

i just hope the draft brings dylan mcilrath to round out the wings D-prospect pool with smith, almqvist and lashoff. not sure if i missed anyone important, but those 4 would give the wings something to look forward to on the back end. i really hope the wings brass can snag another good forward like tatar in the 2nd round this year, just a little bigger if they will. the wings will be deadly if they have a good mix of sizes of players.

I know hardly anything about this McIlrath kid.From the sounds of it,he's a tough guy?????:)

I know hardly anything about this McIlrath kid.From the sounds of it,he's a tough guy?????:)

He's definitely exciting... I watched some clips online of his play and he looks like a Pronger type player (less douchy hopefully though)... I just really think someone else will snag him before our pick <_<

I would be stoked if he fell to us though!

He's definitely exciting... I watched some clips online of his play and he looks like a Pronger type player (less douchy hopefully though)... I just really think someone else will snag him before our pick <_<

yeah, i watched him on youtube or something and got pretty excited about the possibility of that huge mean mother of a 17 year old in the winged wheel 21st overall! potential all over that kid. if he ends up in steeltown, i'll ******* snap!

yeah, i watched him on youtube or something and got pretty excited about the possibility of that huge mean mother of a 17 year old in the winged wheel 21st overall! potential all over that kid. if he ends up in steeltown, i'll ******* snap!

Yea, no kidding... that would be a double kick in the junk...

Brian Burke will find a way to get him in Toronto.Damn you Burkie.

Brian Burke will find a way to get him in Toronto.Damn you Burkie.

I can't see him finding a way back into the first round and if he does, I'm sure it will be to go top 10, in which case, I don't see McIllrath going that high, as he's still pretty green and needs development... but with Burke, I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point...

I hope I'm wrong, but I could see any team from 14-20 taking him :thumbdown: