• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Is it time to trade Cleary?

Rate this topic

Okay man,we'll see.Loyalty is a part of Kenny's game so who knows.

Yes, loyalty is part of Kenny's game. And a no trade clause is part of Cleary's contract.

Does anybody have a count on how many times the Wings have ever asked somebody to waive their NTC?

even in his good seasons...

does cleary really bring something (something worth 2.5 mil extra) to the table that eaves/miller don't?

Yes. He had 34 points last year and 40 or more the previous 3 seasons in a row before that. Even in Eaves best season (his rookie year) he had only 32 points.

So really, this is a stupid question.

Yes. He had 34 points last year and 40 or more the previous 3 seasons in a row before that. Even in Eaves best season (his rookie year) he had only 32 points.

I agree, it's a silly discussion. Unfortunately there's not likely to be much to discuss the next couple months though so this is going to be pretty much the sort of discussion we get until September.

The question was about paying Cleary 2,5m extra for that and it wasn't a stupid question at all. Not worth it, but we'll see if things change next season. And I also know that Cleary could probably get easily +3m in some other team's (like Thrashers and Islanders), but we're talking about a Stanley Cup contender here - a team which should fill up the cap every year.

The question was about paying Cleary 2,5m extra for that and it wasn't a stupid question at all. Not worth it, but we'll see if things change next season. And I also know that Cleary could probably get easily +3m in some other team's (like Thrashers and Islanders), but we're talking about a Stanley Cup contender here - a team which should fill up the cap every year.

A 20 goal scorer who can lay big hits, is one of the most versatile guys in the league and would probably go through a wall for his teammates is worth that contract yes.

People think because we've had some guys take discounts in the past that all contracts should be on that level. Around the league Cleary is a very good price for what he brings and won't be traded.

A 20 goal scorer who can lay big hits, is one of the most versatile guys in the league and would probably go through a wall for his teammates is worth that contract yes.

People think because we've had some guys take discounts in the past that all contracts should be on that level. Around the league Cleary is a very good price for what he brings and won't be traded.

"but we'll see if things change next season." Read the whole sentence, pleace.

Cleary isn't worth his salary if you look at the last season. I'm confident he can play better, but he's not worth it at the moment.

Yet again, you continue to amaze me with your ability to read only a small part of the post and ignore the rest. I said that Cleary could easily get +3m in other teams, but we aren't Trashers or Islanders. We are supposed to be Cup contenders and fill the cap every year. Player want to win the Cup. We can't compare our contracts to every team around the league.

If you look at the other Cup contenders Cleary's contract certainly isn't "very good price".

Edited by Finnish Wing

The question was whether Cleary brought more to the table than Eaves and that was what I was referring to as a stupid question. He was injured most of last season. It's a shame that people want to dump him based on 1 injury riddled season. Until Eaves puts up 40 points 3 years in a row, I don't think that you can compare the two. He's been in the league 6 years and hasn't done it yet.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

To answer your question, no. That is why Ken Holland has not done it.

The question was whether Cleary brought more to the table than Eaves and that was what I was referring to as a stupid question. He was injured most of last season. It's a shame that people want to dump him based on 1 injury riddled season. Until Eaves puts up 40 points 3 years in a row, I don't think that you can compare the two. He's been in the league 6 years and hasn't done it yet.

"does cleary really bring something (something worth 2.5 mil extra) to the table that eaves/miller don't?"

That was the question and I think that 2,5m extra is pretty big deal.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest Crymson

"does cleary really bring something (something worth 2.5 mil extra) to the table that eaves/miller don't?"

That was the question and I think that 2,5m extra is pretty big deal.

According to you, Ville Leino was the team's savior and everyone else sucks by comparison.

According to you, Ville Leino was the team's savior and everyone else sucks by comparison.

How does that have ANYTHING to with this thread nor that post? And where did I say even remotely close to anything like that ever? I'm confused.

I was totally okay, with him being traded. Would've wanted him as the 13th forward, but the cap didn't allow that. I never made any stupid predictions before the season either.

Seems like you've confused me with somebody else.

"but we'll see if things change next season." Read the whole sentence, pleace.

Cleary isn't worth his salary if you look at the last season. I'm confident he can play better, but he's not worth it at the moment.

Yet again, you continue to amaze me with your ability to read only a small part of the post and ignore the rest. I said that Cleary could easily get +3m in other teams, but we aren't Trashers or Islanders. We are supposed to be Cup contenders and fill the cap every year. Player want to win the Cup. We can't compare our contracts to every team around the league.

If you look at the other Cup contenders Cleary's contract certainly isn't "very good price".

Yeah, even this season Cleary was worth it. He played through 2 torn meniscus just because our team was in such bad injury trouble. Hockey isn't all about points you know, cleary brings intangibles.

On second thought I hope we trade Cleary for a pick and let Ilari Filpulla come and be better then Cleary because he has lots of potential :rolleyes:

Looks like someone else has noticed that Finnish boner of yours there finnish wing. And crymson isn't even a guy that "hates" europeans and he noticed.

Yeah, even this season Cleary was worth it. He played through 2 torn meniscus just because our team was in such bad injury trouble. Hockey isn't all about points you know, cleary brings intangibles.

On second thought I hope we trade Cleary for a pick and let Ilari Filpulla come and be better then Cleary because he has lots of potential :rolleyes:

Looks like someone else has noticed that Finnish boner of yours there finnish wing. And crymson isn't even a guy that "hates" europeans and he noticed.

Hockey isn't all about points but the market pays more for points than grinding.

I didn't say he has lots of potential did I? Post after post you're trying to twist my words because you've run out of arguments.

Ahh, the good ol' Finnish boner -argument. Crymson didn't have anything to back up what he said either. You're really classy btw. Trying to use manpower and country bias as methods to argue.

I wasn't going to ask you this, but I have to now: HOW OLD ARE YOU? Seriously, this is like arguing with a kid. I don't care if you're over 30 (which I doubt) but this is still like having a conversation with a 14 year old.

Edited by Finnish Wing

I wasn't going to ask you this, but I have to now: HOW OLD ARE YOU? Seriously, this is like arguing with a kid. I don't care if you're over 30 (which I doubt) but this is still like having a conversation with a 14 year old.

:hysterical:

Just sick of all the guys on the forum with a hard on for a slow role player who is rapidly declining (which fanboys try not to see). Not worth the money he's paid even at 100%. When Cleary signed the contract I thought it was horrible and the NTC made it worse. Way too much money was awarded to a 3rd line checker with some PK roles and some scoring ability... many others I'd like to have for that price, or get creative with a trade etc. It's too bad Cleary does have a NTC but throughout history players have been run out of town by fans it can be done, and if Cleary continues down his injured path and lackluster play it will be done. Clearys in his 30's you can't say he has anymore upside, and he is VERY injury prone... Wings need to get younger and faster plain and simple. We have enough veteran leadership, we have guys who can step in for Clearys PK roles, we have guys who will stand infront of the net, we have guys that can match Cleary's production if they had received his 2nd line minutes. So get off the Cleary train and stop making him out to be god and saying this is the year he'll get it on track, my prediction is he misses 20+ games.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hockey isn't all about points but the market pays more for points than grinding.

I didn't say he has lots of potential did I? Post after post you're trying to twist my words because you've run out of arguments.

Ahh, the good ol' Finnish boner -argument. Crymson didn't have anything to back up what he said either. You're really classy btw. Trying to use manpower and country bias as methods to argue.

You're one of my favorite posters here by far.