• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

I know this is a discussion board, and I'm sure this has been said many times, but for christ's sake blueadams, STOP WITH THE LINE THREADS. I was hoping this thread was an actual discussion about whether or not to trade Cleary and next thing I know I'm reading more proposed lines by you. I don't mind debating lines a couple times in the offseason and several during the season, but every other week overboard.

#42 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

Not to be "that guy" who nitpicks...but does anyone else appreciate the humor of these two comments?

i doont see wut ur talllllking abot. u must bee ane idoit

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#43 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

It's definetly something to consider.

#44 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Well,this is really a line thread in shaky disguise. Cleary has a NTC.

I like those lines, I'd switch Bert and Hudler.

I also don't think we should sign Miller. He is brings the same thing as Eaves and others, I'd rather spend that money on a really physical 4th liner.

Either way, I'm pretty happy with how our team is looking next year. Lets just stay healthy.

Really ,your happy with the make-up of this line- up?

#45 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Not to be "that guy" who nitpicks...but does anyone else appreciate the humor of these two comments?

That there ain't no nitpickin'. It just means you gots yourself an edumacation.

#46 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Does anyone else have the craziest sense of Deja vu? I swear I read this exact thread with the same first 3-4 posts a couple weeks ago.

Not a joke....seriously asking?

Yeah, you're right. I was looking for my post and couldn't find it because it's not in this thread it's in the other one. The other thread isn't even off this page yet.

I'll finish by sayinig, No, it's still not time to trade Dan Cleary.

http://www.letsgowin...8-trade-cleary/

Edited by T.Low, 20 June 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#47 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

Dan Cleary will continue to earn a place on the Red Wings roster until the day he retires.

Edited by T.Low, 20 June 2010 - 12:53 PM.

#48 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

Give him next year,and if he doesn't return to those stats from before the injuries,let him go.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#49 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Give him next year,and if he doesn't return to those stats from before the injuries,let him go.

Mark my words, brother, mark my words.

#50 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Okay man,we'll see.Loyalty is a part of Kenny's game so who knows.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#51 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Okay man,we'll see.Loyalty is a part of Kenny's game so who knows.

Yes, loyalty is part of Kenny's game. And a no trade clause is part of Cleary's contract.

Does anybody have a count on how many times the Wings have ever asked somebody to waive their NTC?

#52 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

even in his good seasons...

does cleary really bring something (something worth 2.5 mil extra) to the table that eaves/miller don't?

Yes. He had 34 points last year and 40 or more the previous 3 seasons in a row before that. Even in Eaves best season (his rookie year) he had only 32 points.

So really, this is a stupid question.
Do or do not. There is no try

#53 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:01 PM

Yes. He had 34 points last year and 40 or more the previous 3 seasons in a row before that. Even in Eaves best season (his rookie year) he had only 32 points.

I agree, it's a silly discussion. Unfortunately there's not likely to be much to discuss the next couple months though so this is going to be pretty much the sort of discussion we get until September.
Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink

#54 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

The question was about paying Cleary 2,5m extra for that and it wasn't a stupid question at all. Not worth it, but we'll see if things change next season. And I also know that Cleary could probably get easily +3m in some other team's (like Thrashers and Islanders), but we're talking about a Stanley Cup contender here - a team which should fill up the cap every year.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#55 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

The question was about paying Cleary 2,5m extra for that and it wasn't a stupid question at all. Not worth it, but we'll see if things change next season. And I also know that Cleary could probably get easily +3m in some other team's (like Thrashers and Islanders), but we're talking about a Stanley Cup contender here - a team which should fill up the cap every year.

A 20 goal scorer who can lay big hits, is one of the most versatile guys in the league and would probably go through a wall for his teammates is worth that contract yes.

People think because we've had some guys take discounts in the past that all contracts should be on that level. Around the league Cleary is a very good price for what he brings and won't be traded.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#56 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

A 20 goal scorer who can lay big hits, is one of the most versatile guys in the league and would probably go through a wall for his teammates is worth that contract yes.

People think because we've had some guys take discounts in the past that all contracts should be on that level. Around the league Cleary is a very good price for what he brings and won't be traded.

"but we'll see if things change next season." Read the whole sentence, pleace.

Cleary isn't worth his salary if you look at the last season. I'm confident he can play better, but he's not worth it at the moment.

Yet again, you continue to amaze me with your ability to read only a small part of the post and ignore the rest. I said that Cleary could easily get +3m in other teams, but we aren't Trashers or Islanders. We are supposed to be Cup contenders and fill the cap every year. Player want to win the Cup. We can't compare our contracts to every team around the league.

If you look at the other Cup contenders Cleary's contract certainly isn't "very good price".

Edited by Finnish Wing, 20 June 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#57 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 795 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Answering the thread's topic: No.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#58 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

The question was whether Cleary brought more to the table than Eaves and that was what I was referring to as a stupid question. He was injured most of last season. It's a shame that people want to dump him based on 1 injury riddled season. Until Eaves puts up 40 points 3 years in a row, I don't think that you can compare the two. He's been in the league 6 years and hasn't done it yet.
Do or do not. There is no try

#59 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

To answer your question, no. That is why Ken Holland has not done it.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#60 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

The question was whether Cleary brought more to the table than Eaves and that was what I was referring to as a stupid question. He was injured most of last season. It's a shame that people want to dump him based on 1 injury riddled season. Until Eaves puts up 40 points 3 years in a row, I don't think that you can compare the two. He's been in the league 6 years and hasn't done it yet.

"does cleary really bring something (something worth 2.5 mil extra) to the table that eaves/miller don't?"

That was the question and I think that 2,5m extra is pretty big deal.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 20 June 2010 - 04:06 PM.