• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Savard to waive no trade clause

Rate this topic

Was over on hockeysfuture and read that Savard has said he is willing to waive his no trade clause to three teams, Detroit, Toronto and Ottawa.

Hudler+1st round pick for Savard?

Filpulla+? for Savard.

I would try to pull the trigger on this.

If this is true and he wants a Cup, only one of those options really qualifies doesn't it.

Was over on hockeysfuture and read that Savard has said he is willing to waive his no trade clause to three teams, Detroit, Toronto and Ottawa.

Hudler+1st round pick for Savard?

Filpulla+? for Savard.

I would try to pull the trigger on this.

I can't guarantee this, but I think that someone posted recently that the arbitration results with Hudler prevent a trade after he signs. Regarding Filppula, I really don't want to see him traded. I think he just gets a bad rap on here, as with some other players. Regarding Savard what is his cap hit and for how many years?

Edit: Looks like his cap hit is 4.007 million, and he becomes an UFA in 2017/18.

Edited by CenterIce

Savard at 4 a year would be a really good pick up, however it would be center overload again. I guess though you could then reunite Hank and Pav.

It would require Flip and a prospect I think, I don't see them wanting 2 roster players as they are sort of against the cap and need to sign Wheeler and Boychuk.

Gotta factor in age, he's 33 and had a major concussion just months ago.... it's too much to throw away a 50pts+ player and a 1st rounder

Usually I don't agree with a damn thing you say - but you're dead on, on this one.

Dude would own this town if he came here... I would offer quite a bit for him.

Man love for Lucic lol.

He would be an instant fan favorite here... I would give up any number of prospects and picks to get Lucic...

I don't get the Clears hate yet again. Savard as it has been said is 33, and will not bring the exact same things to the ice that a player such as Danny does. I don't know man, the trade Cleary thing is just at a pinnacle and this is the year I feel we need to see what he can do. So nah on that.

Gotta factor in age, he's 33 and had a major concussion just months ago.... it's too much to throw away a 50pts+ player and a 1st rounder

Not necessarily a first but maybe a half decent prospect or a pick of some kind.

This is a guy one season removed from 88 points and a few off of 97. Definitely worth Hudler + something.

Pass. His injury history and age at this point is not worth losing a Flip or Hudler and a prospect.

EDIT: Also I would expect this to effect our RFA signings and depth since we would have to pay more money into one player.

EDIT 2: I need mas facts

Edited by dragonballgtz

Pass. His injury history and age at this point is not worth losing a Flip or Hudler and a prospect. Also he might sign somewhere else after the season is over while Flip and Hudler have contracts already.

EDIT: Also I would expect this to effect our RFA signings and depth since we would have to pay more money into one player.

Savard is signed through 2016/17.

Pass. His injury history and age at this point is not worth losing a Flip or Hudler and a prospect. Also he might sign somewhere else after the season is over while Flip and Hudler have contracts already.

Well, he's locked in until 2017, so he wouldn't be going anywhere... but I don't want him for what it would cost us...

Not necessarily a first but maybe a half decent prospect or a pick of some kind.

This is a guy one season removed from 88 points and a few off of 97. Definitely worth Hudler + something.

Hudler hasn't peaked, Savard has and one could argue is on the downswing with the recent injuries, plus Hudler costs more than a million less...

no thanks.

He would be an instant fan favorite here... I would give up any number of prospects and picks to get Lucic...

Yep, fits absolutely, positively everything we need. That said, fantasies only last for so long and Boston has just as much love for him as anyone else would have. We would need to really get rid of years of prospects I believe.

Well, he's locked in until 2017, so he wouldn't be going anywhere... but I don't want him for what it would cost us...

Hudler hasn't peaked, Savard has and one could argue is on the downswing with the recent injuries, plus Hudler costs more than a million less...

no thanks.

But Hudler isn't from North America.

I am all for it. 33 years of age and 5 more years on his contract isn't bad. Savard is a great player with some gas left in the tank. You can't let the one concussion stop you from going for it. If he was a repeat offender for head injuries then I'd take it into consideration but 1 isn't that bad. For the first price I'd take him. I personally think he would fit in here nicely. Just depends what we would have to give up to get him...

Does this mean Boston is trading him for sure, and those are the only teams he is willing to go to? Or did he just randomly come out and say "hey if I was to get asked to be traded I would only accept to Det, OTT, or TOR."

Edit: Added italicized text.

Fixed grammar error to please Crymson, bolded text :rolleyes:

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Lucic and Savvy are my favorite non-Wings players. Would love to see either of them in Detroit. One thing I'm surprised about is that Savard is waving his trade clause. Boston is gearing up to win a cup and I wouldn't be surprised if they did within the next five years. In regards to who to trade for him, I think it would have to be one of Hudler, Filppula, or Cleary. Picks and a grinder may be thrown in there. Honestly, I don't think we NEED Savard. He would be a great addition, but it what we would have to give up for him worth it? The guy is 33 years old. How much good hockey does he have left in him? Most people would probably point to Fil as the one to trade, but would I would disagree. We can only get a max of probably 5 years out of Savvy before he retires. How much of those years will he still be at the same level he is now is questionable. When you look it Fil, he's a developing center who has yet to hit his prime. Would it be worth trading him, draft picks, and maybe even prospects for Savard? In my opinion, No. I am comfortable with the team we have now and believe that a another Stanley Cup is in our near future.

Guest Crymson

I am all for it. 33 years for 4 more years isn't bad.

But that's 132 years. You've got to think that he'll have slowed down by 2142.