• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm Boycotting the Winter Classic...

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm not watching a day filled of NBC creaming itself over Sidney (yet again).

There were plenty of other teams and locations that haven't had the chance, that are more deserving.

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

Edit: This is not a Crosby topic. This is about how unfair it is for pits to be repeatedly thrown in the spotlight.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

It sucks for fans of other teams, but you have to understand that the NHL is a business. It's all about the $$$. Which is unfortunate because there are plenty of historic teams that could have played in it (Habs, Rangers, Leafs, etc)

Same here.Minnesota,Montreal,Colorado,Vancouver,Ottawa,and Toronto all deserved to get a game,before s***tsburgh had another chance.The fact that there's gonna be a "Heritage Classic" not far from the Winter Classic bothers me too.I guess you could call it another Winter Classic,I'm thinking about boycotting the Heritage Classic as well.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It sucks for fans of other teams, but you have to understand that the NHL is a business. It's all about the $. Which is It's unfortunate because there are plenty of historic teams that could have played in it (Habs, Rangers, Leafs, etc)

Fixed it for ya, since all three you mentioned make more $ than pits.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

It sucks for fans of other teams, but you have to understand that the NHL is a business. It's all about the $$$. Which is unfortunate because there are plenty of historic teams that could have played in it (Habs, Rangers, Leafs, etc)

It doesn't make sense to put a Canadian team in the WC. Heritage Classic, sure, but not Winter Classic.

Wish it could have been the Rangers and Devils, but whatever. This is a cash grab by the NHL. Shows how ridiculous it was to have put Buffalo (despite their cult following) in the first Winter Classic ever.

There were plenty of other teams and locations that haven't had the chance, that are more deserving.

The NHL can't land a decent TV contract, so on the one day when they ARE able to grab a piece of the spotlight....you're going to fault them for putting their two biggest draws on the ice?

Keep boycotting if you like, but don't complain when NHL games are continually having to be watched on some obscure channel because they are not able to prove that they can pull ratings to deserve to be on anything better.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It doesn't make sense to put a Canadian team in the WC. Heritage Classic, sure, but not Winter Classic.

Wish it could have been the Rangers and Devils, but whatever. This is a cash grab by the NHL. Shows how ridiculous it was to have put Buffalo (despite their cult following) in the first Winter Classic ever.

Why not put a Canadian team in the winter classic? cause NBC is naming it instead of CBC?

Edit: I'm sure they could crush viewer attendance by playing with one of each.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

We also have another one who will not be watching the game. I bet there are quite a few people who won't.

I wish they'd think about the fans of all the teams. Some of us don't give a rat's ass about Crysby. I personally would have loved to see someone like Minnesota and Dallas...a couple teams that don't get much exposure, but I would be willing to bet if you played that game in Minnesota, it would sell out in a heartbeat. How about a game in Colorado?

I hope it's 60 degrees every day for two weeks before the game. It would serve them right if the ice was so bad they couldn't play, or even make ice.

I think Toronto should have been apart of one, especially considering they would draw the most money due to the fact they gross the most amount of money by far out of any other teams in the NHL. No surprise at all though that they went with Pittsburgh just because of Crosby, majority of Canadians as it is can't stand Crosby regardless if he is Canadian or not.

Couldn't you have imagined Toronto and Montreal, or Toronto and Ottawa? I would have watched that. I'm not a fan of either team, but the tradition would have been wonderful. s***tsburgh and Washington? No.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Have fun watching other TV channels cream themselves over football then.

That requires an interest in anything other than hockey on tv. I'll be on my computer.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Just out of curiousity, how would you guys feel if Detroit got the nod in 2011 WC?

Just out of curiousity, how would you guys feel if Detroit got the nod in 2011 WC?

Part of me would be stoked and another part of me would be like "meh, been there, done that."

I loved the whole "once in a lifetime" aspect of the game which made it so enjoyable to watch. By far the best WC game so far, even though it probably was boring towards the end as a Hawks fan.

I'd still think it was unfair to other more deserving teams that haven't yet had the honor of playing in a WC.

2009 was fun, but Detroit shouldn't play in another one until, at the very earliest, 2019. Yes, that means that at least 20 other teams will get to play in a WC before Detroit and/or Chicago would get a second one. Pittsburgh should have to wait until 2018. And so on.

Of course, I understand that the feasibility of that is tricky with teams in the South basically needing to have rivalries with teams in the North due to temperature concerns and to be honest, I can't see that working. If not 10 years between repeat WCs, at least 5 years then. Which means that Pittsburgh would still have to wait until 2013 instead of getting shoved down our throats 3 years apart.

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

Edit: This is not a Crosby topic. This is about how unfair it is for pits to be repeatedly thrown in the spotlight.

I'm in, College Football FTW!

Guest Crymson

The NHL can't land a decent TV contract, so on the one day when they ARE able to grab a piece of the spotlight....you're going to fault them for putting their two biggest draws on the ice?

Keep boycotting if you like, but don't complain when NHL games are continually having to be watched on some obscure channel because they are not able to prove that they can pull ratings to deserve to be on anything better.

Their two biggest draws, eh? Would you like to know the two biggest fanbases in the league?

1. The Maple Leafs

2. The Red Wings