• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Jersey Purchase

Rate this topic

Longer stay w/ Wings  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone,

I'm doing this out of selfish reasoning so I apologize for wasting your time if that is the case.

The Helm signing has me inspired to purchase a new jersey for the season. Outside of the superstars, (D, Z, Mule, Lids, Homer), I'm wondering whose jersey to get. I would just get more than one, but being a shortchanged student with a short stint at home to run to Hockeytown Authentics, I can't afford getting a player who is likely to run off in a few seasons.

My question is who you think will have the longest tenure with the Wings from this point forward? Helm is one of my favorite players and Howie picking up where Ozzie left off has me considering him as well. But Helm's talent can't go shortchanged for that much longer in my eyes.

Thanks for your help/opinion with this. Apologies again if this is a non-worthwhile topic.

I think its Abby. Hes from Michigan so he'll probably take disconts if he has to to stay here and hes a rare player. He can hit, fight and will put the puck in the net in the future. He was also drafted by us.

Hey everyone,

I'm doing this out of selfish reasoning so I apologize for wasting your time if that is the case.

The Helm signing has me inspired to purchase a new jersey for the season. Outside of the superstars, (D, Z, Mule, Lids, Homer), I'm wondering whose jersey to get. I would just get more than one, but being a shortchanged student with a short stint at home to run to Hockeytown Authentics, I can't afford getting a player who is likely to run off in a few seasons.

My question is who you think will have the longest tenure with the Wings from this point forward? Helm is one of my favorite players and Howie picking up where Ozzie left off has me considering him as well. But Helm's talent can't go shortchanged for that much longer in my eyes.

Thanks for your help/opinion with this. Apologies again if this is a non-worthwhile topic.

I think both Helm and Abs will be here for the long run, as they are both slated to eventually become the new Draper/Maltby combo... I chose Helm, just because he's already locked up and probably will never garner a very high wage and the Wings know his value, whereas Abdelkader could potentially develop his fighting game and has 20 goal potential, so there's always the chance of him seeing greener pastures, but at the same time he is Michigan born and bred and has said it's a dream come true to play for the Wings, so I don't see him leaving either... either would be the safe bet in my mind...

I came home from work last night and my girlfriend had bought me a home datsyuk jersey so I was pretty stoked, but I really like my Filpulla Jersey, The next 1 I buy personally I think will be Hudler. I don't think you can go wrong with a Kronwall either, Helm would be great also, I think he will be here for a long time it will not be overdone like the datsyuks and zetterbergs out there

Although its a bit premature to align Helmer's play with Draper, you cant help but notice the glaring similairities. Although Helm doesnt have the offensive finish that Drapes had in his prime, they play very much alike- Heart of a lion, tremendous work ethic,great speed, faceoff dominance, defensively responsible, physical and relentless. I think Kenny and the boys love Helms attitude and based on Drapers career, I would say that Helm has the biggest chance of being a franchise guy, along with Flip. If Flip has a 50-60 pt. year and reaches the expectations the Wings think he can, I can see this happening.

I Think my next Jersey of choice will be Franzen but out of the guys you had listed I would go with either Helm or Howard.

Franzen is probably going to be the next one I go with too. Almost went that route on the team Sweden jersey I got during the Olympics but changed to Z at the last minute.

Out of the ones listed on the poll, I would go Howard.

Guest VAL FILPPULA

Jersey decisions are so tough! I can't decide on who I want either. I have three I can get customized. I already have a Franzen and all the players I want I can see a problem with buying. Such as:

- Zetterberg: If you get his jersey, they will put an A on it. He will most likely be captain next year.

- Helm: How long will he be a Wing for?

- Filppula: Same

- Kronwall: Same

- Datsyuk: Safest choice

- Zetterberg: If you get his jersey, they will put an A on it. He will most likely be captain next year.

While this is a strong possibility, it's not really a downfall. Accuracy is important, but it goes to show down the line how long you've been a fan of your player of choice. I'm personally very proud of my Draper jersey with no letters on it.

Guest VAL FILPPULA

I honestly think that abs and helm and maybe flip are lifers

IMO it's way too early to tell

I wanna know why people like to limit Helm and tab Abby for 20 goals soon?

Maltby scored 50 in junior (can't you just hear Mickey saying it) but never touched 20. I feel like Abby's upside might be like Malts, except more physical.

I believe Helm, who I deem the fastest player I've ever seen in my 15 years of hockey playing/watching, has the higher upside.

This guy is on a whole nother level of fast, and he does have hands. I feel he's above Abby in terms of development right now and their about the same age. If he gets stronger on his feet and learns some puck skills from Datsyuk, look out. If Flip ends up on the outs and Helm gets a bigger role on the third line and first PK line duties, I could see him pulling a Draper-esque Selke season.

This kid is the real deal. The biggest thing I can say about the kid is that nearly everytime he touches the ice, HE makes something happen. Babs said so too.

The guys on our team that I feel stand out the most when I watch a game are Datsyuk, Lidstrom (only to the trained eye, otherwise he makes it look TOO smooth), and Darren "the real deal" Helm.