• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#81 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

No Lions today. Favre coming back to Lambeau will be a good game.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#82 WpgMikos

WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Meant to post this awhile ago. Took in my 1st ever NFL game (Eagles/Lions). What a great game. Nobody wanted to go with me, so I made the drive down, got parking for $10 near Ford Field. About 15 minutes before game time I was approached and sold a $85 (face value) ticket for $20.

Turned out to be pretty good seats (goal line, 38th row).
Posted Image

Vick played a pretty impressive game.
Posted Image

The Detroit Pride relegated to the stands.
Posted Image

With the Lions down 17, and with about 6 minutes to go, fans started streaming out, but due to years of watching CFL football, I figured you never know what could happen.
Posted Image

Lions recovering the onside kick:

It was too bad they went 4 and out to start the series. Overall a really good 1st game.
Posted Image

#83 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

Lions win an ugly game over the Skins, 37-25. A lot of mistakes and missed opportunities, but down in the 4th quarter, the Lions didn't crumble and actually rose to make the big plays. Suh and Calvin with monster games. For once, we win a game because of our defense. Can't remember the last time I said that.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#84 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

WE WINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#85 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

hey, we have a winning STREAK! lol 2 wins in 2 games against the 'Skins! A streak is a streak! lol I will take anything at this point.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#86 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

I was listening to the game at work - I was pretty surprised to hear that McNabb was benched, then lol'd when Grossman fumbled his first snap leading to a Lions touchdown.

#87 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Here's hoping for a win against the Jets.

#88 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

Hey, they're not sucking yet.

#89 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

And perhaps I spoke too soon.

#90 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

*&^@#*&@#^*&^@#*&%@#*&%*@#^&@#%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had it and threw that game away. Drew Stanton throwing a pass on 3rd down when running the clock was the most important thing! And now Stafford is hurt again? Damnit! You sucked me in Lions! You've done it to me again!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#91 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

Wow - I rarely watch the Lions since I am out of marker and they are rarely on national tv. I only tune in on Thanksgiving each year for the annual holiday loss...

They cut to the game late today however. Only the Lions can lose late the in 4th quarter up by 10 pts.

Kicker hurt, leading to missed extra point, fragile QB goes out again, backup incapable of achieving a first down, clock mismanagement, stupid personal foul, bad luck on the coin toss....

This team is the definition of cursed....the Lions saga continues....
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#92 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Watching the game with my dad, we heard the commentators talk about a Jets comeback. He said, "There's 10 minutes left in the game, that won't happen." I was quick to point out that if any team could blow it, it's the Lions. After the final play, all I could do was give him a facepalm expression.

#93 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

That is gold. GOLD!

Ditto!

#94 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Stafford is supposedly out with a Grade 3 separation on the same shoulder he hurt earlier this season, of course that's a rumor since Schwartz and company are being tight lipped about it. I wonder if he was ever fully healed? When he was taken out he didn't take off his uniform or anythinglike he did when he got his Grade 2 separation; just slipped an ice pack under his shoulder pad. The way everyone's talking about his injury, he's just really sore and could be back perhaps by the Dallas game.

Drew Stanton will most likely start this weekend against the Bills, so all my State friends will be happy to see what he can do. He did O.K. when he came in for Hill, and this matchup won't be bad for him. As long as he manages the game and uses his legs, we should be able to win this one.

Man this season's been frustrating. I mean I know coming into the season my expectations were only 6-7 wins, but in hindsight if we weren't screwed over in week 1, stopped Green Bay's winning drive in week 4, and if the coaches didn't blow the game against the Jets, we'd be 5-3 with a very good opportunity to improve to 7-3 against Buffalo and Dallas.

But that's what you get with an inexperienced team. One good positive to look at is we finally have very good talent, so this season is a learning curve for all of our young players and coaches. If we keep up our good drafting, we'll be considered division threats next season. Well, my expectation at least will be division favorites.

#95 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Wins against Buffalo and Dallas will ease my frustrations a bit. Do I expect it? Not at all. But it would be nice.

#96 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

If the Lions don't beat the Bills tomorrow, all is lost.

#97 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

If the Lions don't beat the Bills tomorrow, all is lost.

All is lost. I think that after 30+ years of watching/following Lions football that I'm officially done w/this team. What can they do that they haven't done 10 times already?

#98 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image

#99 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

:crybaby: were still thef****** laughing stock of the NFL.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#100 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

That was the Lions we all know and love. It didn't hurt me nearly as much as the Jets game did though. I'm used to Lions taking a collective dump at midfield for 60 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users