• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
One4TheWings

Shanny says he'll always feel like a Red Wing

Rate this topic

This right here.

I remember the rumours leading up to Shanny's arrival in Detroit; what a great feeling it was for us fans when he became a Red Wing!

I remember they actually used to do 'News Breaks' on the local networks to keep everyone updated. They actually interrupted TV shows for that s***! Haha!

I must admit I was really pissed when we traded Coffey away, but Shanny fit in perfectly right away. I couldn't argue with the trade after his first game here.

I loved Coffey too... but GOOD GOD was that guy a defensive liability. WOW!

Edited by Broken 16

My top 10

1. Stevie

2. Shannahan

3. Lids

4. Z

5. Dats

6. Ozzie

7. McCarty (hometown boy!)

8. Cujo

9. Hull

10. Legace (boy, I know I'm going to get s*** for this one)

Cujo and Legace, yet no Hasek and Vernon?? :scared:

To be honest, I was only a child when Vernon played, and really have no true memories of him, and I had always been a huge fan of Cujo, even prior to him becoming a Red Wing. While I believe Hasek to be a better goalie, I just liked Cujo better.

I've heard that he will enter the Hall with a Red Wings jersey in the picture. That's cool by me.

I will never forget the "no sax before a game" interview. God, we rolled on the floor laughing then and we still do now. It's classic Shanny.

That is by far my favorite interview that any sports' person has ever done. Don't forget the one when he was pretending to ride a stationary also.