• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Sherlock - PBS's Masterpiece Mystery!

Rate this topic

From Toronto Star:

We can’t leave an interview with Cumberbatch without asking him for news about the third season of Sherlock, which the BBC begins airing next month.

He instantly shifts into succinct Holmes mode, a garrulous dragon no more.

“There’s going to be a reunion, an explanation, a marriage and a new villain.”

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Three episodes only is a bit of a tease, I wish they would extend it to 6 at least. This season was a bit different, had some unique twists and I enjoyed it as much as any previous but I am always left wanting more by the end of it and don't feel entirely fulfilled.

Three episodes only is a bit of a tease, I wish they would extend it to 6 at least. This season was a bit different, had some unique twists and I enjoyed it as much as any previous but I am always left wanting more by the end of it and don't feel entirely fulfilled.

Agreed, but this could help them potentially go on for many years, kind of like Dr. Who.

With Freeman and Cumberbatch as big stars that can always come back and do a few episodes of a show they admittedly love, I wouldn't be surprised if this was still going in ten years. Which would be awesome.

Edited by evilmrt

Yeah I mean the show is brilliant, it really is. The wait between season 2 and 3 was very painful, and we still didn't get a straight answer about how the conclusion of season 2 was pulled off...

I also like the fact that episodes are 90 minutes so each is like a movie because of the quality of story and acting, you forget you are watching a television program, it's just that good.

I just want more Sherlock over a shorter span of time.

From The Independent:

Steven Moffat has brought bad news for Sherlock fans after hinting in a recent interview that the next series might not hit TV screens until 2016.

"If people have to wait two years, they’ll have to wait two years," the detective drama’s co-creator and producer told gaming website IGN.

When asked about Sherlock 's future, Moffat insisted he had "no idea". "We'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality – that’s the thing,” he said. “It’s not the kind of show that turns up all the time, it's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while."

You know you've hit the "bigs' when: