• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Osgood injures his groin in practice

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

osgood looked to be improving period by period the last 3 games imo. mcdonald<ozzy<howard

umm?

The only way Osgood should be ranked above Howard is in career accomplishments. Howard has outplayed Osgood on a consistent basis since becoming a full-time Red Wing.

I don't know why people are comparing McDonald to Osgood or Howard. He has had but a few games with the wings, no one should have any feeling for how he will work with our defense.

Edit: corrected for my inability to properly read.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

umm?

The only way Osgood should be ranked above Howard (much less McDonald) is in career accomplishments. Howard has outplayed Osgood on a consistent basis since becoming a full-time Red Wing.

I don't know why people are comparing McDonald to Osgood or Howard. He has had but a few games with the wings, no one should have any feeling for how he will work with our defense.

He ranked Howard ahead of Osgood, there.

Arguing semantics, are we?

So you are including half a season where Osgood played less than 10 games.

What has McDonald done in his illustrious career since 09?

Why? Because you tried to bend them? The point is he has been horrible since that playoff run. Sure he may have had a good game here or there, but he has NO FIRE. None since that playoff run.

What has Ozzy proven? Everything

What has Joey proven? Nothing

The way Ozzy looks, give me the guy with something to prove.

Edited by Broken 16

Why? Because you tried to bend them? The point is he has been horrible since that playoff run. Sure he may have had a good game here or there, but he has NO FIRE. None since that playoff run.

And McDonald has been what, a budding prospect?

So your only logical reason to think McDonald is better at this point is he has something to prove? He has had something to prove for a long time now. What's been stopping him?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest CaliWingsNut

He ranked Howard ahead of Osgood, there.

der.... I R Smrt

lol. I totally read the arrows as the other direction.

Lol... why is he an idiot? I'd bet money that McDonald's form is better than Osgood's right now. Seriously, have you been watching Osgood? His positioning is horrible. He swims once a game. His reaction seems about half a tick off. I don't see how McDonald could be any worse at this point.

And I'll bet you and Mindfly are the ones who wrote in the last GDT... "Osgood in? GAURENTEED LOSS"

And McDonald has been what, a budding prospect?

So your only logical reason to think McDonald is better at this point is he has something to prove? He has had something to prove for a long time now. What's been stopping him?

You're powers of misdirection are staggering. You must be a college student.

The only logic you should be drawing from anything I've said is that Joey can't be any worse in my opinion. Seriously... I'm just relieved that I don't have to watch Ozzy's positioning for a few weeks. My stomach flops every time he swims face first on the ice.

Edited by Broken 16

It's not what he's been. It's what he is. The new back up until Ozzy 'heals'.

What's your point? He is a backup based on circumstance. That means nothing.

Roy was great years ago too. Maybe we should try and coax him out of retirement.

Osgood has been playing and is two years removed from his last SCF.

Roy is a HOF goaltender who's last SCF was 9 years ago.

I'm not surprised you are exaggerating my point to cover your own ass.

What's your point? He is a backup based on circumstance. That means nothing.

The point is that you need to stop living in the past. At present time, there isn't a big gap between Joey and Ozzy. If any.

Osgood has been playing and is two years removed from his last SCF.

Roy is a HOF goaltender who's last SCF was 9 years ago.

I'm not surprised you are exaggerating my point to cover your own ass.

I'm actually exaggerating my point because I'm trying to find a way to make you understand that 09 was 09 and it has zero bearing on what is presently occurring in the goaltending ranks of the Detroit Red Wings. If Ozzy doesn't make vast improvements in certain areas of his game, he will cost us games.

Wow that is a dramatic overstatement. lol.

Really? Watch him closer.

Guest mindfly

Only red wings' homers are defending osgood these days, everyone else is laughing at him, he has for most of his career had a great team in front of him making them 400wins possible, hell there are even people on this board thinking he's HoF material, LAUGHING OUT LOUD, he's not a quality nhl goalie anymore, just give it up already, his technique is abysmal, he's small, biggest 5-hole in the game, getting out of position instantly when a player comes towards him holding in a shot, and shooters pick corners on him way too easily.

Edited by mindfly

The point is that you need to stop living in the past. At present time, there isn't a big gap between Joey and Ozzy. If any.

When have I been living in the past?

Joey is not a solid NHL goaltender. Never has been, never will be. Osgood's past has nothing to do with the fact even at his old self he can still do better than MacDonald can at this point.

I'm actually exaggerating my point because I'm trying to find a way to make you understand that 09 was 09 and it has zero bearing on what is presently occurring in the goaltending ranks of the Detroit Red Wings. If Ozzy doesn't make vast improvements in certain areas of his game, he will cost us games.

I never used 09 as a reason to say Osgood is better than Macdonald right now. The reason I posted that video was to respond to the assertion that Osgood hasn't done anything since 09 (and I figured it included the 09 season considering it would be asinine to use half a season to judge anyone's overall ability, especially when they play 10 games in that time). I mentioned Macdonald's lackluster career as a goaltender in the NHL to say Osgood is better.

Only red wings' homers are defending osgood these days, everyone else is laughing at him, he has for most of his career had a great team in front of him making them 400wins possible, hell there are even people on this board thinking he's HoF material, LAUGHING OUT LOUD, he's not a quality nhl goalie anymore, just give it up already, his technique is abysmal, he's small, biggest 5-hole in the game, getting out of position instantly when a player comes towards him holding in a shot, and shooters pick corners on him way too easily.

How did you get so far in life with all this negativity?

Edited by Doc Holliday

When have I been living in the past?

Joey is not a solid NHL goaltender. Never has been, never will be. Osgood's past has nothing to do with the fact even at his old self he can still do better than MacDonald can at this point.

Highly debatable.

I never used 09 as a reason to say Osgood is better than Macdonald right now. The reason I posted that video was to respond to the assertion that Osgood hasn't done anything since 09 (and I figured it included the 09 season considering it would be asinine to use half a season to judge anyone's overall ability, especially when they play 10 games in that time). I mentioned Macdonald's lackluster career as a goaltender in the NHL to say Osgood is better.

Ok. So we can agree that Osgood is a has been and Joey is a never was. Or is Ozzy not a has been yet?

Either way. The skillset that Ozzy has been showing SINCE 09 can't be much better than anything Joey is projected to bring.

The truth hurts doesn't it...

You aren't speaking truth.

You are just being overly negative on a constant basis.

"Hey guys Osgood is awful"

"Guys guys Osgood needs to sit, we need a 5m goaltender"

"Guys we need to trade Rafalski for Thomas. We can't win with this tandem."

"Guys Osgood is a joke, we are all laughing at him even though our own Wings fans chanted 'Ozzie Ozzie' last game."

You continue to spout negative bulls*** for Allah knows why. It's absolutely pathetic.

Guest mindfly

You aren't speaking truth.

You are just being overly negative on a constant basis.

"Hey guys Osgood is awful"

"Guys guys Osgood needs to sit, we need a 5m goaltender"

"Guys we need to trade Rafalski for Thomas. We can't win with this tandem."

"Guys Osgood is a joke, we are all laughing at him even though our own Wings fans chanted 'Ozzie Ozzie' last game."

You continue to spout negative bulls*** for Allah knows why. It's absolutely pathetic.

Can't be easy living in denial :rolleyes: