• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Blue Jackets vs Blues Gets Nasty...

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Apparently the refs threatened to call the game unless the teams began behaving.

Third period penalty summary:

St. Louis fighting - 5 min 5:12, N. Oystrick

Columbus fighting - 5 min 5:12, C. Clark

Columbus misconduct - 10 min 5:12, D. Dorsett

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 8:01, C. Janssen served by M. D'Agostini

St. Louis misconduct - 10 min 8:01, C. Janssen

St. Louis cross check - 2 min 8:01, C. Janssen served by M. D'Agostini

Columbus interference - 2 min 9:10, J. Voracek

Columbus roughing - 2 min 9:10, J. Hejda

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 9:10, D. Backes

Columbus - 2 min 9:58, R. Umberger served by N. Filatov

Columbus roughing - 2 min 9:58, R. Umberger

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 9:58, B. Boyes

Columbus misconduct - 10 min 9:58, R. Umberger

St. Louis misconduct - 10 min 9:58, B. Boyes

St. Louis interference with goaltender - 2 min 11:32, A. Pietrangelo

St. Louis high sticking - 2 min 12:21, N. Oystrick

St. Louis fighting - 5 min 19:44, B. Crombeen

Columbus fighting - 5 min 19:44, D. Dorsett

Typical Blues. Great start to the season or not, they still can't help gooning it up like a bunch of crybabies whenever they happen to fall behind by a couple of goals. Pick any Blues fan forum, and you'll surely find one of their idiot fans demanding that the team "send a message" (i.e., goon it up) shortly after the Jackets scored their third goal. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I was at that game... it looked about the same in the stands after the game was over :lol:

Jeezzz I was in the military when that game took place, i've never seen that footage. That was some of the dirtiest hockey i've ever seen. Did any blues get suspended for that?

Jeezzz I was in the military when that game took place, i've never seen that footage. That was some of the dirtiest hockey i've ever seen. Did any blues get suspended for that?

Not to my knowledge. I was actually a senior in high school when that happened (parents took me out to St. Louis to see the Wings as a graduation present :thumbup: ) but I didn't keep track of much outside the Wings.

I think there was only 1 or 2 but nothing to serious as far as i can remember. There was actually more fighting after this video and Kocur threw the bench onto the ice lol.

Wow...just found out TJ Oshie broke his ankle. Thats a huge loss for the blues.

Edited by Original-Six

I think there was only 1 or 2 but nothing to serious as far as i can remember. There was actually more fighting after this video and Kocur threw the bench onto the ice lol.

Wow...just found out TJ Oshie broke his ankle. Thats a huge loss for the blues.

'

WOW Just WOW!! Oshie was having a great year and pretty much carrying this Blues team! Thats horrible news for Oshie and the Blues! I really like TJ Oshie!

it wasn't really that bad at all, the only relevant scrap was the dorsett-crombeen one, the rest were all hugfests, janssen's was just an interference and then another interference with a small crosscheck. The worst thing that happened was while oshie and pahlsson were basically making out in the scrum pahlsson fell on oshie's leg.

Guest Crymson

It's funny watching Drake and Draper fight in that video of the '03 game. Only in hockey will you fight someone and then have no problem playing on a team with them, haha.

Along those lines, don't forget this:

Did you guys even watch the game? Wait...based on the comments, of course not.

The Blues weren't aggressive at all...kind of disappointing actually. All of the penalty minutes started to come when a cheap shot (interference hip check) was dished out to Oshie. Backes came to his defense and Oshie went to grab a guy and Oshie and his guy fell backwards, breaking Oshie's ankle.

Then a careless high stick cut Berglund pretty good and he had to go to the locker room.

Not only were the Blues getting their butts whooped in the game, but Columbus was knocking off Blues players with cheap shots and high sticks. So yeah, some players took offense to that.

That's when things started to get rough...the penalty barrage was instigated by Columbus. The Blues looked apathetic in the game until then.

You guys act like the Blues are the only team in the NHL that picks a couple fights if losing by a few. Every team does this to try and change the momentum and fire up his team. And this used to happen A LOT more often that it does today. That's just part of the game fellas...always has been, and it certainly isn't something exclusive to St. Louis.

The Blues weren't aggressive at all...kind of disappointing actually. All of the penalty minutes started to come when a cheap shot (interference hip check) was dished out to Oshie. Backes came to his defense and Oshie went to grab a guy and Oshie and his guy fell backwards, breaking Oshie's ankle.

Then a careless high stick cut Berglund pretty good and he had to go to the locker room.

Not only were the Blues getting their butts whooped in the game, but Columbus was knocking off Blues players with cheap shots and high sticks. So yeah, some players took offense to that.

That's when things started to get rough...the penalty barrage was instigated by Columbus. The Blues looked apathetic in the game until then.

You guys act like the Blues are the only team in the NHL that picks a couple fights if losing by a few. Every team does this to try and change the momentum and fire up his team. And this used to happen A LOT more often that it does today. That's just part of the game fellas...always has been, and it certainly isn't something exclusive to St. Louis.

No one has said it's exclusive to St. Louis, but the Blues team motto is "If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em." The only other team in the NHL that comes close to the certainty of late-game thuggery is Calgary.

Not having seen the game, I can't comment on your assertion that Columbus started it all. It's a little hard to believe, though. They're not generally known for physicality, so benefit of the doubt goes to them thus far.

Sorry about Oshie.

read my description, and i don't think columbus was really going out for cheapshots, the unmberger high stick was created by boyes hitting his arm