• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT: Kings, Lots (5) at Red Wings, None (0)

Rate this topic

I am hoping that this ass kicking is a wake up call. I would like to see the Wings play with more passion. Would like to see the 2nd line get their s*** together. I would like to see Hudler banned from the Wings organization :angry:

And my reasoning for hating on Frazen is because he got a sweet long term contract and it's not looking good. It looks like he's happy he got paid and is just relaxing now.

Quick played an amazing game.

Howard ******* sucked, and played abysmal.

That basically sums up the whole game.

Yep, if Howard wouldn't have sucked and posted a shutout, the Wings would have won 0-0 :huh:

I hate Versus

+1

I am hoping that this ass kicking is a wake up call. I would like to see the Wings play with more passion. Would like to see the 2nd line get their s*** together. I would like to see Hudler banned from the Wings organization :angry:

And my reasoning for hating on Frazen is because he got a sweet long term contract and it's not looking good. It looks like he's happy he got paid and is just relaxing now.

This is the first time we've seen Franzen stink it up like this.

In the last few years, he'd play like a beast, get injured, and then come back a long time later and play like a beast again.

He's not handling playing a full season very well so far. He was hot earlier, but hasn't been able to sustain it. Don't know if the contract has anything to do with it, but he's not getting it done right now.

I can only remember a few honest-to-goodness quality chances. The Wings dominated the first two, but honestly after that they were all long-distance shots straight into a bloc of Kings.

Howard cost us this game...again. I'm no goalie basher, but he's been consistently sub-par lately. Whereas Ozzie had a great game the other night, I think it's time to rest Howard and show him he needs to earn his starting spot.

You make it sound as if Howard was half assing it or something. He has just played a lot of games and Babcock needs to start resting him a bit more. I think the more legit cup contenders can run 2 goalies during the regular season, we need to get back to that. Lets at least use Ozzy while he is playing well

This is the first time we've seen Franzen stink it up like this.

In the last few years, he'd play like a beast, get injured, and then come back a long time later and play like a beast again.

He's not handling playing a full season very well so far. He was hot earlier, but hasn't been able to sustain it. Don't know if the contract has anything to do with it, but he's not getting it done right now.

I have to say I think Franzen is going to have the quietest 30+ goal season we have seen in awhile.

Even when he scores he gets railed on these boards.

Yep, if Howard wouldn't have sucked and posted a shutout, the Wings would have won 0-0 :huh:

+1

If Howard wouldn't have sucked, the Wings could have lost a more respectable 1-0 or 2-0. Or, not being scored on like a 17 year old cheerleader might not shake their confidence and they could've scored a few times.

I have to say I think Franzen is going to have the quietest 30+ goal season we have seen in awhile.

Even when he scores he gets railed on these boards.

When you think about how the season has gone offensivly. First few games was our 4th line killing it. Then our 3rd line for a few weeks. Then when Mule/Flip/Bert were originally together they were tearing it up on the 2nd. Now it's our 1st that is doing all the work. It will all cycle again. Yeah we blew tonight and really haven't looked our best, but come on let's just relax...

+1

Come on, there's definitely a huge element of blame that belongs to Jimmy for this loss. It was only 2-0 after two periods and both of the Kings goals to that point were weak. The Red Wings were controlling play and Howard completely ruined any chance of coming back by not stopping anything early in the third. With 90% of the play in the other end, Jimmy at least needs to be solid enough to give the team a chance to keep plugging away at Quick. 5 goals on 25 shots or so is not acceptable.

That's because he did all of his scoring earlier in the season.

Now he's quiet.

That's why I always think playmakers are more important then snipers. It seems playmakers are more often relevant then snipers who go on long stretchs of droughts

If Howard wouldn't have sucked, the Wings could have lost a more respectable 1-0 or 2-0. Or, not being scored on like a 17 year old cheerleader might not shake their confidence and they could've scored a few times.

They are professionals being paid to play. Shouldn't blow their confidence. You can also blame the offense and defense for blowing Howards confidence.....

He's scored 3 in the last 6. Not including tonight, but still.

Then I guess we expect too much out of him when he scores a point in like 18 consecutive games, or whatever it was earlier in the season and playoffs.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Hard fought game, Quick was on fire though. 51 shots, good performance on his part, although most of the shots were low and glove. Just can't believe season high shots were on a shutout.

Come on, there's definitely a huge element of blame that belongs to Jimmy for this loss. It was only 2-0 after two periods and both of the Kings goals to that point were weak. The Red Wings were controlling play and Howard completely ruined any chance of coming back by not stopping anything early in the third. With 90% of the play in the other end, Jimmy at least needs to be solid enough to give the team a chance to keep plugging away at Quick. 5 goals on 25 shots or so is not acceptable.

No Jimmeh didn't have a great game. But to blame the whole game on him is assinine. When Quick was making all those saves, why didn't the Wings adjust their offensive game plan? Gotta do whatever it takes to score. Quick was on fire but it looked like he saw most of the shots.

Idc what anyone says but Howard has not been that good the past couple weeks... he seems to be on and off and very inconsistent (one game he is good then the next he is terrible) and his stats are pretty much the same as Ozzie's so say what you want but I think babs needs to push Howard. After Ozzie's last performance I think he has earned some starts here and if Ozzie plays like he did I see no reason why he can't start playing on a more regular basis along with Howard because quite frankly Howard costed them the game tonight - - way too many weak rebounds and a few weak goals. It should be like 2008 when they won the cup (the better goalie plays)- - back then it was between Dom and Ozzie and Babs kept rotating because both were playing well... I think the same should happen and if Ozzie plays well like he did then, then he could very well take over the starting job by playoffs time.

:clap:I'm with you. I agree. Howard has made some awesome saves, but in my humble opinion, he get's lazy after a few good saves, kind of gets a little cocky, lets his guard down, and BAM, the other team scores. It's usually worse when he plays a great game, the next game, he gets lazy. I would love to see Ozzie play more consistently, I think for the little time he does get, it isn't enough to get on his best game. Practice isn't the same as games. He should be played more. But, what do I know?? I've never played. I'm just some wife that just won a

2 hour back rub because I bet my husband that Howard would choke tonight. Haha! Hubby so thought he was going to win. Thanks Howard.:yowza:

Cheers.

Chee

They are professionals being paid to play. Shouldn't blow their confidence. You can also blame the offense and defense for blowing Howards confidence.....

What confidence should the defense have in Jimmy? Even if he stops the first shot, they have to be in perfect position to be able to clear the guaranteed juicy rebound.

Not tonight.

I guess Howard should have taken a couple shots on net and tried to score, since the offense failed to score. And why is it so freaking hard for the Wings to score on a power play?

What confidence should the defense have in Jimmy? Even if he stops the first shot, they have to be in perfect position to be able to clear the guaranteed juicy rebound.

Yes, Jimmy has rebound control problems. So you work with him. Everybody has a responsibility on the ice. Can't leave your man wide open. Tie up his stick. Goalies are expected to stop the first shot, but the defense needs to be there for the possible rebounds.

Then I guess we expect too much out of him when he scores a point in like 18 consecutive games, or whatever it was earlier in the season and playoffs.

I'm not saying Franzen is playing the way he should. I'm just saying it's not like he is invisible.

Goal scorers are streaky. In an 82 game season guys like Franzen are going to have cold streaks. Just happens.

Guest scottj

Whiskey n Coke on gamenights never work out

neither do Killians

n I LOVE Whiskey n Cokes + Killians

f***

:clap:I'm with you. I agree. Howard has made some awesome saves, but in my humble opinion, he get's lazy after a few good saves, kind of gets a little cocky, lets his guard down, and BAM, the other team scores. It's usually worse when he plays a great game, the next game, he gets lazy. I would love to see Ozzie play more consistently, I think for the little time he does get, it isn't enough to get on his best game. Practice isn't the same as games. He should be played more. But, what do I know?? I've never played. I'm just some wife that just won a

2 hour back rub because I bet my husband that Howard would choke tonight. Haha! Hubby so thought he was going to win. Thanks Howard.:yowza:

Cheers.

Chee

Nahh. Howard is as humble as you can get. So he had a bad game, well the whole team did. And be careful with talking about Osgood. Some posters in here have a sixth sense and immediately log in and bash Osgood.

Guest scottj

I don't like cigs that much n I can't afford weed.. I just need a cig after this game

but wings never win when I drink Killians or Whiskey n Coke

seriously... want me to prove it Wednesday?

stop being so bitter cause you're ugly, I'm just trying to lighten things up

Edited by scottj