• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT: Kings, Lots (5) at Red Wings, None (0)

Rate this topic

Well, that shut out jinx didn't work correctly. We'll get over this and come out ready to play Wednesday. Now I just need to get a ticket to the game so I can see Osgood get his 400th win.

i have yet to see the shutout jinx work for us. you meant shutout when the other team has 0 goals they score. mention shutout when wings have 0 goals we dont score. better to not say it

Our offense had a ton of quality chances, they got shut down by Quick. He was inhuman.

I can only remember a few honest-to-goodness quality chances. The Wings dominated the first two, but honestly after that they were all long-distance shots straight into a bloc of Kings.

Howard cost us this game...again. I'm no goalie basher, but he's been consistently sub-par lately. Whereas Ozzie had a great game the other night, I think it's time to rest Howard and show him he needs to earn his starting spot.

i have yet to see the shutout jinx work for us. you meant shutout when the other team has 0 goals they score. mention shutout when wings have 0 goals we dont score. better to not say it

It's worked easily half a dozen times this year, that I can think of.

I agree with the crowd at the Joe. Boo. Boo, Wings. For God's sake... I haven't seen them this bad in quite a while. Perhaps they will do shooting drills tomorrow, with a cutout of Quick in the net.

<_<

51 shots on net, most all season. quick was unreal.. howie stunk.

Final/Regulation

Kings: 5 (Simmonds, Moller, Kopitar, Doughty, Johnson (PPG))

Red Wings: 0

SOG

Kings: 26

Red Wings: 51

Wings got plenty of shots on Quick, just that Quick was in some form of "God-mode" tonight, earning his first career shutout against the Red Wings. Howie, well, he just didn't play as well as he has done in the past few games. Just not a good effort by everyone tonight. I expect Ozzie will get the start on Wednesday, give Howie the game to clear his head a bit and work on his rebound control (it directly contributed to two goals tonight).

Well the wings played awesome the first 40, first 10 in the 3rd was all kings, then we picked it back up, but the diffrence was goaltending.

IMO Goal 1,2,4,5 are all on howie here. 3rd one was off a skate, but seriously, his angle was off anyway. I think Ozzie needs to help him with deflecting the puck to the corner (Ozzie is one of the few that do it well anymore...prolly because he's still old school stand up in that regard).

Howie's kick saves are not good, his blocker saves aren't that great. His glove hand is his meat and potatos...but that's even streaky. We knew it when he came into the league. Really good...or...really bad. Ozzie may be a lock of 3 goals most nights anymore, but atleast it's consistant. Howie needs some work on that. I also think he could pitch in on the offense. Perhaps Ozzie can help with that as well (quite under rated with his puck handling IMO).

Not doubt he's the wings main man, but he still needs some work. Not giving up on the guy, just facts really. Looking at his stats for the year its like

4GA 85%

5GA 88%

4GA 84%

1GA 98%

2GA 93%

4GA 89%

2GA 96%

You get the picture.

As far as offense goes...so we got shut out, 1-0, 2-0 or even 3-0EN final would have been OK against a hot goalie...Poor Howie got schooled and Quick schooled the offense. Just bow down and go to the next game.

I can only remember a few honest-to-goodness quality chances. The Wings dominated the first two, but honestly after that they were all long-distance shots straight into a bloc of Kings.

Howard cost us this game...again. I'm no goalie basher, but he's been consistently sub-par lately. Whereas Ozzie had a great game the other night, I think it's time to rest Howard and show him he needs to earn his starting spot.

Agreed. Ozzie needs to start Wednesday. I doubt it happens with Babcock though.

Why is our power play still this bad? Franzen is a bust. I'm sorry. Yes he get's some timely goals but all he does is floats out there. Doesn't put out 100% effort day in and day out. I would have rather kept Hossa.

You're drunk. Franzen has been consistently awesome for us when we need him to be. He's just having a difficult season, every player goes through them.

EDIT: And as for Howard's play, he's giving up juicy rebounds again and I'm getting sick of seeing him laying on the ice for the first save, to be honest with you. Yeah, he's still our starter and I'm still a fan, but facts are facts, he needs to step up his game and an old-fashioned competition between him and Ozzie will get that going.

Edited by VM1138

we got shutout and it's our goalie's fault that we lost.

Unbelievable.

It's worked easily half a dozen times this year, that I can think of.

It's my fault. I am the reverse whammy, goalie-wrecking, shutout curse queen... but I worked late and missed half the game. :(

That, and it's Versus' fault. And Crosby's.

It does work, yes. ;)

that was painful to watch, and thankfully it is over.It is frustrating that everything went wrong and nothing clicked tonight. But it is just one game and the Wings can put this behind them and move on to the next one.

Idc what anyone says but Howard has not been that good the past couple weeks... he seems to be on and off and very inconsistent (one game he is good then the next he is terrible) and his stats are pretty much the same as Ozzie's so say what you want but I think babs needs to push Howard. After Ozzie's last performance I think he has earned some starts here and if Ozzie plays like he did I see no reason why he can't start playing on a more regular basis along with Howard because quite frankly Howard costed them the game tonight - - way too many weak rebounds and a few weak goals. It should be like 2008 when they won the cup (the better goalie plays)- - back then it was between Dom and Ozzie and Babs kept rotating because both were playing well... I think the same should happen and if Ozzie plays well like he did then, then he could very well take over the starting job by playoffs time.

It's my fault. I am the reverse whammy, goalie-wrecking, shutout curse queen... but I worked late and missed half the game. :(

That, and it's Versus' fault. And Crosby's.

It does work, yes. ;)

Alright, well then, you're fired. Clear out your desk, and hand over the keys to the office immediately. :ph34r:

Guest scottj

It was a team loss

Howie blew and offense started acting like a bunch of ******* girls after quick started shutting them down...

f*** this. I'm just gonna get drunk n high as f*** n hopefully forget this game come 1:00 am

Yikes, just browsing Howard's game log. His last 10 weren't exactly great. 4 great starts and 6 subpar, sub-.900 sv.% starts. Tonight was the worst of them and makes for 7 average to rough starts in the last 11 games. I don't know if he's just getting overworked, but he'd do well to work on that consistency. It's easy to forget after a shut out or that great Montreal outing, but generally, he hasn't exactly been hot lately the majority of the time.

What about them? I commented on tonights blowout, that is whats being discussed in this thread.

We honestly don't care for your input unless you actually post something semi-intelligent.

Going ouch (your motives are quite transparent) doesn't exactly endear you as a poster who wants any kind of meaningful discussion.