• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

World Juniors

Rate this topic

what are the rules about fighting in this tournament?

From the IIHF website. "A 5 minute major for roughing plus an Automatic Game Misconduct or a Match penalty."

The game is more chippy than I expected. Someone needs to teach Brown to fall on the goalie there when he is getting mauled after the whistle in the crease. I'd be surprised to see Callahan fight in the tournament, but I wonder what he would have done if he was on the ice after the hit against D'Amigo earlier.

LOL, you must have been listening to that Canadian bias on TSN. Go to 45 sec on this video...how is that not a shot to the jaw? They made the right call, 5 and a game.

Check out his name. Nuff' said.

A lot of reports I've read says Callahan is the best pound for pound fighter in the tourney this year. Hopefully he shows he can hit and chip in offensively.

it looks like callahan would be more than willing to fight.

Willing? Yes. Allowed to? Probably not. USA is already down one player for this game (they have 11 forwards), and the don't need to loose another one. Also, Callahan was a scratch last game and he is likely looking to earn a more permanent spot on the roster.

Callahan just had a good offensive shift. It looks like he is getting more accustomed to the IIHF style as the game progresses.

Slovakia scores. I hope that play doesn't reflect too poorly on Callahan. Jurco was his man, but the USA D didn't try to pick him up after he left Callahan.

Shore with an awesome goal just now. 5-1 USA.

EDIT- It looks like they were having Callahan playing center during that goal against. I'm not sure if he has much experience at center as he usually plays RW.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

The hit honestly didn't look that bad to me. I thought Zucker was milking it, but the way he looked when he got up says otherwise.

And when I say, "not that bad," I obviously still think it was dirty, it just didn't seem that out of the ordinary for a blowout to me I guess.

3 suspensions handed down.

4 games, Marincin on Zucker

2 games, Kassian on Senerik

3 games, Hrasko on D'Amigo

PULKKINEN has a goal and an assists thus far in these games.

Callahan has a 62.5% FO percentage!

JARNKROK has an assist as well this WJHC.

Pulkkinen plays at 3:30 EST today, I don't think there is a stream, though. I'll see if I can find one if someone else can't.