• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

After several games of watching the young'ens

Rate this topic

Fixed.

Holland/Nill and co already said Jarnkrok is staying at least another year in SEL. I bet they do the same with Pulkkinen. Almqvist I suspect will spend another two seasons in the SEL, maybe just one more.

Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen can decide their own fate. If the come to the prospect camp strong and in great shape they'll get an extra look in training camp and possibly in the pre-season. If they impress there they might get a brief (less than 9 games) shot in Grand Rapids with the understanding that not making it there would result in their return to Europe for another season. Tatar surprised everyone and became the youngest player in the AHL last year. There's no reason either of those two can't do the same. They both have lots of time to train and try to bulk up between now and September/October.

imagine how fun it's gonna be to watch GR next year with Nyquist, Callahan, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, I. Filppula, J. Andersson, Tatar and hopefully Almqvist will cross the pond and play in GR. I havn't seen any GR games this year, but i'm excited to see Smith play and I'm also interested in seeing Lashoff cause i've heard he's pretty good. Not sure if i missed anyone that could make GR next year, but i don't really count Landon Ferraro anymore as he seems like a bust with an attitude and Nestrasil sucked at the WJC and will never sniff even GR let alone the Wings. Other than those 2, things are looking pretty good for the Wings.

The only ones on your list that will probably be ther will be Nyquist, Callahan, Andersson and Tatar. Jarnkrok will not be there, neither will Pulu or Alqvist. Iflip will probably be in the NHL (no room for him so probably with another team) or in Finland I would think.

People are starting to count out Ferraro, hes an interesting prospect to me and will be a fun player to watch. Basically a gritty guy with hands (hands that will fight too :sly: ) and has unreal speed to burn. Him and Helm could end up looking great by eachother.

I've been reading that hes being a good leader and giving effort he just isn't getting points. He has speed, hands and a snipers shot, he has the tools to be a very solid third line/second line tweener still.

I'm obviously most interested in seeing Callahan next year. Watching him light it up and beat people up will be nice.

The only ones on your list that will probably be ther will be Nyquist, Callahan, Andersson and Tatar. Jarnkrok will not be there, neither will Pulu or Alqvist. Iflip will probably be in the NHL (no room for him so probably with another team) or in Finland I would think.

People are starting to count out Ferraro, hes an interesting prospect to me and will be a fun player to watch. Basically a gritty guy with hands (hands that will fight too :sly: ) and has unreal speed to burn. Him and Helm could end up looking great by eachother.

I've been reading that hes being a good leader and giving effort he just isn't getting points. He has speed, hands and a snipers shot, he has the tools to be a very solid third line/second line tweener still.

I'm obviously most interested in seeing Callahan next year. Watching him light it up and beat people up will be nice.

Ferraro-Helm-Mursak

:ph34r:

Your comment doesn't make much sense in a cap world. How many players out there are going to provide an upgrade over Holmstrom that is worth their salary PLUS his salary? You're either looking at a rookie (expensive in terms of obtaining via trade or cheap but a huge gamble), a player on an entry level contract who is a known performer (expensive to obtain), a reclaimation project (gamble) or a veteran very near the end of their career (gamble).

Exactly - that's basically what my reply to the thought was as well...

A. It's a salary cap league - having dead money is the sign of a bad GM, something Holland isn't and you clearly would be.

B. You aren't going to find an upgrade to Holmstrom at his price level (if nothing else, just for his value on the PP)

C. The culture of the Wings is part of what makes them so great - management signs players with the intent of them playing their whole contract and in turn players sign contracts at a discount here with the intent of completing their contract and in most cases, career here

He will not and should not retire, nor should anyone want him to and to imply anything otherwise is ridiculous and short sighted.

As for those saying Eaves is going to want a big payday after this season -

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/patrick_eaves_finds_offensive.html

“You can just feel the confidence from the management and the coaches and everyone here,” Eaves said. “I felt that right when I got here. I knew I’d have to work my way into the lineup. From there, you just get absorbed into the community goal of winning.”

Eaves has become the latest in a series of successful reclamation projects for the Red Wings.

“It’s a smart organization,” Eaves said. “They know the kind of players they need and what roles need to be filled. They know the background of every player they get, top to bottom. This is a good spot to be.”

Sure doesn't sound like someone who would would be looking for a huge payout over staying here to me...

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/patrick_eaves_finds_offensive.html

Sure doesn't sound like someone who would would be looking for a huge payout over staying here to me...

No it doesn't and if I were Eaves I wouldn't be leaving. If he puts up 20 goals I could see a bottom end team offering him a good chunk of cash playing in the top 6, he would go there and probably not do as well because he isn't given a role to thrive in.

He bounced around the league, found himself a good home in Detroit, and in a smaller role he is really doing well. After his first few seasons he should probably stick around here for one more contract and establish himself a bit more. Then if he wants his pay day then I would go for it if I were in his shoes

http://www.mlive.com..._offensive.html

easy to say those things now

what happens when other teams start calling and offering him 2m+ and a bigger role?

time will tell I guess

Edited by ricky0034

Pitkanen is 27 and his cap hit is $4m. Bieksa is 29 and his cap hit is $3.75m.

Both are UFAs this summer.

Who do you want, a decent second pairing defenseman or a bonafide top pairing defenseman?

As a part time carolina hurricanes fan, you want absolutely no part of Joni Pitkanen.