• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Howard leaves game with bruised knee

Rate this topic

Cannot afford.

Don't worry. Wilson paid half his salary in cash.

Sucks about Howard. Good thing Joey is looking good. Fortunately for us, he was with the Islanders, so he knows a thing or two about filling in for injured goalies.

Edited by 55fan

So let me get this clear now as far as goalies are concerned. with osgood sitting back drinking chardonays with a trainer tending to his groin region. Howard's knee all bruised at s***. Imagine that 60-70mph wrister getting you right above the knee where there is a gap in the pads. Immediately when I saw him go down I scared.gif 'd. I think he might be out a while, knees are pretty fussy, especially for a goaltender who is going up and down constantly throughout the game.

So where does this leave us? MacDonald is moving from #3 to #1 basically. Is McCollum getting the call up to ride the bench? So that leaves Pearce to get the #1 positition in Grand Rapids... in which they used to pull a goalie from the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the IHL, now they do their biddings with Toledo of the ECHL right? I could be wrong, I don't follow the griffins as much as I should. I am thinking about going to a game sometime before this month is over though.

Either way... god damnit get better big boys!

According to Twitter, Holland says Howard's day-to-day, knee is swollen, but they're hoping he may actually be okay for Tuesday.

I wonder if they are going to do any modifications to his equipment now, so something like this can be prevented later on down the road.

Freaky weird way to get injured

And here we all thought that goaltenders wore too much equipment. Whoops. :P

One of our kids is a Pee Wee travel goalie and when he saw the replay he knew exactly what happened. He manages to get hit in the knee like that about once a month, but thankfully at much slower velocities.

now they do their biddings with Toledo of the ECHL right?

This is true. But the only Walleye goalie who can be called up by the Griffins is Jordan Pearce, and he's already there. Joe Palmer, Toledo's other goalie, appears to be a Chicago property so obviously he wouldn't be called up by the Griffins. (The Walleye are affiliated with both the Wings and the 'Hawks.) It looks the the Walleye just signed Jimmy Spratt, some random goalie who played at BGSU of the CCHA (and had a horrible record with them) to fill in for Pearce, but the player page only says he's signed with Toledo, not that he's affiliated with anyone else.

So this is kind of a goalie conundrum and probably explains the rumors about Ken Holland going to Sweden to drag Larsson back over here.

On mlive, Ansar Khan:

Howard is day-to-day with a bruised right knee, after getting hit by a shot during the first period of Friday’s 3-2 shootout loss in Columbus. X-rays were negative, and Howard could return as early as Tuesday’s game in Pittsburgh.

Guest CaliWingsNut

You can have Giguere.

Why would we want Bibendum? especially with his paycheck?

bibendum-the-michelin-man-7.jpg

Edited by CaliWingsNut

On mlive, Ansar Khan:

Howard is day-to-day with a bruised right knee, after getting hit by a shot during the first period of Friday’s 3-2 shootout loss in Columbus. X-rays were negative, and Howard could return as early as Tuesday’s game in Pittsburgh.

NOOOO! Honestly I don't feel at all confident with Howard in net. He just LOOKS shaken. MacDonald gave up a bunch of goals but I honestly don't blame him for any, whereas every Howard game we're blaming two to three on him. With an important game among two of the better teams in the league (plus bragging rights among the fans) I'd rather go with J-Mac than Howard.