• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Konnan511

Ducks Sued for Anti-Semitism by Former Draft Pick

Rate this topic

Your Views  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Crymson

Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

You certainly proved that in this thread, given that even as far as the fourth page of the discussion, you still didn't understand the lawsuit but were arguing about it anyway.

Edited by Crymson

You certainly proved that in this thread, given that even as far as the fourth page of the discussion, you still didn't understand the lawsuit but were arguing about it anyway.

Then you must be following suit. thumbup.gif

I've stated numerous times why, on the whole, i don't agree with the suit, brah.

Edited by Konnan511

N#ggers are only interested in Grand theft auto and watermelon

That's not true. They are interested in Fried Chicken too.

I kid!!! I kid!!!

I have a lot of black friends.....but they really do all like Fried Chicken :-p

A friend of mine sent me to the chow hall (When I was in the army) to get him food. He was black, so I got him Fried Chicken, Collard Greens, a slice of Watermelon, a Grape Drink. He opened the tray and was like, "Oh what the f***.....is......this....." Clearly, I was being a smart ass.

I laughed, and he ate all of it :)

Later he was like, "Man that was the best dinner I've had in a while!".

Stereotypes are only bad, if they are derogatory. The show Tosh.0 is a perfect example of how they can be fun, but not insulting.

P.s. I'm fully aware that I'm off topic :)

Edited by Joey v3.4

I would kind of understand this lawsuit butt here is some stuff fishy about it.

To me it really does just seem like someone going nowhere in hockey tryingt o get some money out of it. I understand being politically correct, but it is becoming a way for people to be lazy and make money off of others where it really shouldn't.

Should the coach maybe be fired or something? Maybe, but I dont think this kid should be given a million dollars to deal with the problem

That's not true. They are interested in Fried Chicken too.

I kid!!! I kid!!!

I have a lot of black friends.....but they really do all like Fried Chicken :-p

A friend of mine sent me to the chow hall (When I was in the army) to get him food. He was black, so I got him Fried Chicken, Collard Greens, a slice of Watermelon, a Grape Drink. He opened the tray and was like, "Oh what the f***.....is......this....." Clearly, I was being a smart ass.

I laughed, and he ate all of it :)

Later he was like, "Man that was the best dinner I've had in a while!".

Stereotypes are only bad, if they are derogatory. The show Tosh.0 is a perfect example of how they can be fun, but not insulting.

P.s. I'm fully aware that I'm off topic :)

Black londoners will tell you that the only place that didn't get torched during the Brixton riots was KFC :D

I never said I approved of it, I said that is what it might be. And if you think this kind of thing isn't said all the time in proffesional sports (and in the military) you're living in Fantasy Land. I agree that in a normal workplace this kind of thing would get you fired, but the locker room and the barrack room are not normal workplaces. And I guarentee you, Mike Babcock has said things to Redwings players that would get you fired in an ordinary business.

Getting in someones face and screaming obscenties is not acceptable in a normal business - in hockey its a prime motivational technique.

Yeah, Fantasy island right here..lol

I am not saying it DOESNT happen...I am saying it SHOULDNT happen.

I worked in a factory years ago and heard derogatory cracker jokes all the time. But then, I found most of them funny.

Ultimately, I think you have to acknowledge your chosen work environment and take it with a grain of salt.

If you work as a stripper, you are probably going to face some sexual harassment.

Join the military and you are in for some verbal, if not physical, abuse.

Working any blue collar job is going to expose yourself to a lot of ethnic slurs.

Ultimately, I think you do more for yourself and your ethnicity by letting jokes roll off, doing your job and not take every real or perceived offense so literally. In a predominantly black work setting, I probably did more for their perception of whites by being an easy-going guy who could take, and give, a joke than if I was all up in arms over any slight or attempted to sue the company I was working for.

Sure, it can be a slippery slope, but a zero tolerance policy for any of the grey areas doesn't seem to do much good and only fosters resentment, further mistrust and only hardens stereotypes. That does not mean you tolerate anything truly in the red, but joking about Jews liking money is a far cry from a truly hostile work environment in which he is being singled out for his differences and abused.

Suing in cases like this tend to discredit cases of true abuse, IMO.