• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/4 GDT: Blue Jackets 3 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

It'd be nice if Franzen didn't get so s***faced partying after the last game.

He had several great chances that he fanned on.

Yeah I agree. I thought this team was all about doing all they can to prepare for the next game.

I don't care who's in net, if they score 0 goals the won't win either. The boys just couldn't get anything going. Here's to them kicking butt next game.

I really don't think Howie was that bad tonight. Sure as hell wasn't worse than whoever was supposed to be playing defense at any given moment. Or passing the puck. Or forechecking...or...

Re: Hawks/Vancouver. Luongo just got a break with an interference call too. And meanwhile, this is what he looks like with his goalie mask on. :ph34r:

Furthermore and meanwhile, even though the Canucks are ahead of us I still hope they beat the Hawks. :cool:

Tonight was by no means Jimmy's fault, but it made me really think on the last time Howard put up a performance like Mason's. The offense isn't going to score 4-5 goals every game and the biggest difference to me with Howard from last season is his complete inability to steal a game or keep the team in it on a not so strong night offensively. He did it all the time last season and I don't recall a start since maybe before December or so where you could look at and say Howard "won" the game for the Red Wings.

Otherwise, it was just a terrible game. I don't think Franzen or Rafalski passed to a guy in the right sweater once. I hate watching this team try to finesse their way into the opponents zone especially with a man (or two) advantage. Dump it in, outnumber them down low and go to work in the corners. East-West passes at the blue line are a waste.

Edited by GoWings1905

There's no doubt Howard is a disappointment overall, and he probably could have had either of those goals, but the reality is this was a 2-0 game.

Emotion says: Wow, that sucked.

Reality says: Wow, they weren't outplayed, and could have easily won this game 5-2 if any of Franzen or Zetterberg's many scoring chances wouldn't have fanned or hit sticks and skates and deflected out of the zone.

Honestly, as disappointing as the loss is stats-wise, it was by no means an embarrassing loss.

Howard was better tonight which isn't saying much.

I know this team is better than this dont get me wrong, i know this was just an off night it happens with an 82 game schedule but the defense you just played is composed of:

Stralman, Hejda, Clitsome, Russell, Tyutin and Methot

SCORE A F#$%KING GOAL THAT SHUTOUT WAS SHAMEFUL

the Pens are winning games with just depth players, Kunitz, Jeffery, Kennedy, Staal

oart5w.gif

Terrible effort tonight, after about 5 min into the third they quit, literally just packed it in and were done. I wasn't too thrilled with the crowd atmosphere tonight there wasnt much jump anywhere. All around just wasnt a fun experience tonight. Hopefully we got it outta the system, Pavs and Homer will drink some magic healing potion. McCrimmon will get ran over by the charter jet. And we will be set to go again.

Guest screwdahawks

Tonight was by no means Jimmy's fault, but it made me really think on the last time Howard put up a performance like Mason's. The offense isn't going to score 4-5 goals every game and the biggest difference to me with Howard from last season is his complete inability to steal a game or keep the team in it on a not so strong night offensively. He did it all the time last season and I don't recall a start since maybe before December or so where you could look at and say Howard "won" the game for the Red Wings.

Otherwise, it was just a terrible game. I don't think Franzen or Rafalski passed to a guy in the right sweater once. I hate watching this team try to finesse their way into the opponents zone especially with a man (or two) advantage. Dump it in, outnumber them down low and go to work in the corners. East-West passes at the blue line are a waste.

Don'tcha just love the fact that Rafalski gets paid 6M to play like that, and we will get another year just like it.

Defense aside, I just don't understand what this team has against shooting early and often. So much unnecessary passing in the first period. Hudler was a prime example who made a terrible pass when he was open to shoot and then took a penalty when the play turned the other way.

Let's not forget Mason played really great, very few rebounds given up especially when his team was scrambling.

Yeah I agree. I thought this team was all about doing all they can to prepare for the next game.

"We take every game seriously" - Mike Babcock

Why does it always seem like the crappiest teams in the NHL always have their hot nights while playing us? Even subpar goalies get hot playing us. Whatever.

"We take every game seriously" - Mike Babcock

Why does it always seem like the crappiest teams in the NHL always have their hot nights while playing us? Even subpar goalies get hot playing us. Whatever.

This statement also lends itself to the theory that the Wings play up to or down to the level of their opponents. I honestly hate the thought, but it's possible. :huh:

This statement also lends itself to the theory that the Wings play up to or down to the level of their opponents. I honestly hate the thought, but it's possible. :huh:

The numbers would tend to agree with you. All tight games for the most part.

Nov 26 DET (2) - CBJ (1)

Nov 28 CBJ (2) - DET (4)

Jan 14 DET (2) - CBJ (3) SO

Jan 15 CBJ (5) - DET (6) OT

Feb 4 CBJ (3) - DET (0)

I really don't blame Howard for the first goal, that was a hell of shot. I think it's sad that a puck possession team cannot even make tape to tape passes for most of the night. Most were behind or in the feet of the receiving player... how in the hell do they expect to get into the zone with any type of speed with that s***. It's funny that when Modano got here he said "Passes are right on the tape" to bad it isn't happening now.

And what did we start doing once we couldn't carry it in, dump and chase. Which we didn't even have enough guys chasing it down to make that work. Time for a basic passing practice IMO.

The numbers would tend to agree with you. All tight games for the most part.

Nov 26 DET (2) - CBJ (1)

Nov 28 CBJ (2) - DET (4)

Jan 14 DET (2) - CBJ (3) SO

Jan 15 CBJ (5) - DET (6) OT

Feb 4 CBJ (3) - DET (0)

Huh? Your point is that they are 1 goal games? I think that a high percentage of games in the NHL are 1 goal games. It should be no surprise that most crappy teams get up for games against us. This is especially true for crappy teams in our division. it's pretty hard to get excited about playing Columbus in February when Columbus is most likely out of the playoffs.

I expect a lot more effort tonight against Nashville because they are only a few points behind us and we weren't great last night.

Well, they prefer to call it, "pacing themselves for the playoffs," and that kind of play has its benefits and drawbacks but some night as fans you just feel like crappy play is crappy play, regardless.