#141 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

So some haggling huh? Worth ittt...

:lol:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#142 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'm hearing Volchenkov got 3 games. Don't have a link though.

esteef

TSN's reporting it.

I'm still betting on just a fine for Cooke, maybe a single game.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#143 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Can the league fine AND suspend a player?

#144 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

Can the league fine AND suspend a player?

Thought they got docked pay for all the games they miss. I am positive you knew that but just kind of tossing it out there. I do believe he should get the book thrown at him for whatever they can muster. This was a sickening play by someone who is just getting away with too much.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#145 chellfairy

chellfairy

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBp3JKXLIm8

You know what I love about Ovechkin is that he doesn't just lay there and pretend he's hurt worse than he is.:rolleyes: He gets up and go's after the guy!! I love that!:unsure:

#146 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Matt Cooke post game comments

After the game, Cooke said, "It used to be you were responsible for yourself if you turned, but thatís not the way anymore,Ē Cooke said. ďThat callís been called on us four or five times this year. Itís the same thing. He turns and looks and sees me coming. The other defenseman is slowing me down, so Iím not skating full speed at him.Ē

what a tool. he acknowledges its been called on him 4 or 5 times this year and still does it.

#147 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thought they got docked pay for all the games they miss. I am positive you knew that but just kind of tossing it out there. I do believe he should get the book thrown at him for whatever they can muster. This was a sickening play by someone who is just getting away with too much.

Yeah I knew that. I'm just saying... Not only will a player not make any money for a while but they'll also have to cough up some of their savings.

#148 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

After the game, Cooke said, "It used to be you were responsible for yourself if you turned, but thatís not the way anymore,Ē Cooke said. ďThat callís been called on us four or five times this year. Itís the same thing. He turns and looks and sees me coming. The other defenseman is slowing me down, so Iím not skating full speed at him.Ē

This is just bulls*** on so many levels. Tyutin was turned with his back to the play the whole god damn time, except for the split second he turned his head to see if a forechecker was on him. It wasn't like he was facing cooke head on then turned. He played the puck and expected Cooke to continue on his forecheck, not blast him from behind. What does Cooke want Tyutin to do? "Oh here comes a guy to blast me, I'll just turn and face him so I can get my chest drilled and my back flattened against the boards." Cooke is Grade A s***.

#149 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Shouldn't really be all that shocking. Seems that hometown hockey broadcasts are about as "homer" as it gets. I swear the Bruins' broadcasters might have even been defending McSorley on the night he nearly hacked Brashear's face off. Just sickening.

BAN COOKE!

Anybody ever seen the movie Se7en?

"I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing howf****** crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?"

#150 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

"That call's been called on us four or five times this year. It's the same thing."

If they've called it on you four or five times, maybe you should stop doing it? Just sayin'.

#151 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Anybody ever seen the movie Se7en?

"I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing howf****** crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?"

One of my favorite movies in the history of film. That line is delivered perfectly by Pitt in that sequence. But wait.... am I clearly insane? Posted Image

How about this one?? "Wanna know how I got these scars??"
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#152 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

I totally stand corrected. Cooke suspended for 4 games. I'm shocked.

ABV_sig.png

#153 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

I totally stand corrected. Cooke suspended for 4 games. I'm shocked.

Still not enough.

#154 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Still not enough.

Agreed. It's still more than I thought he would get.

The head officiating office must have had to add a "Dammit, Cooke!" section to their flowchart.

ABV_sig.png

#155 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hmm 4 games... It's a start, a slow start but it's still something. He's really hurting his team, Penguin's are having trouble filling a roster just off injuries, not to mention dumb cheapshot hits that hurt everyone involved.

#156 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

from a salary cap standpoint, do suspended players still count against the cap?

4 games is more than i expected.

Edited by jeff48109, 09 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#157 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I want to think that my email to the NHL hockey officials did the trick. If they received enough of them, hey, why not!? ;)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#158 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

4 games is pretty good really when you think about it. Yeah he does a bunch of dirty stuff and should be suspended more, but just looking at what he did last night 4 is enough. Tyutin wasn't hurt at all. Now they just need to start suspending him more often and maybe when he loses out on a couple hundred thousand dollars he'll smarten up.

He's a lot like Steve Moore cheap player who deserved to have their career ended, at least it happened to one of them

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#159 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

I think we need to channel the spirit of Bob Probert.
Posted Image

#160 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

If I'm following the top secret suspension flow chart correctly he should have gotten at least 5... <_<

Top Secret Flow Chart
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.