• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#2 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

Should result in a suspension. Cooke led with his knee the whole way.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#3 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

Looked more shin on shin, I didn't see the knee, but regardless, Cooke being Cooke. Can he be removed from the league yet?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#4 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

what a dirty play. malkin out so he tries to put ovi out for the year too? there is no room in the game for this. this is irresponsible and selfish. what a dick. suspend this *******.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#5 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

Pens fans are coming out of the woodwork with their true colors on the HF main board.

I've never seen so many apologetics for such an obviously dirty hit.

Posted Image

#6 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Six games?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

I think he might get one game since, from the video, OV looked fine after the hit. Maybe two since Cooke is as repeat an offender as you can get.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

f*** the suspension. Next time Pittsburgh plays New York, Boogaard needs to end Cookes career. He has no respect for his fellow players and is only interested in hurting people. Guys like that in the old days didnt have long careers. f*** Matt Cooke. (And I dont even like Ovechkin, I just hate cheapshot pricks like Cooke.)

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

I don't think he should be suspended, I do however think he should have his career ended by a cheap shot in the next game
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#10 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

Should result in a suspension. Cooke led with his knee the whole way.

Cooke won't get anything, he's a Penguin.

#11 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

http://hfboards.com/...ad.php?t=873569

Funny stuff.

"Penguins fans complaining about Ovechkin's knee-on-knee hit against Gonchar and at the same time using it to sanction a knee-on-knee hit against Ovechkin by Cooke. Hypocrisy at its finest."

#12 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=873569

Funny stuff.

"Penguins fans complaining about Ovechkin's knee-on-knee hit against Gonchar and at the same time using it to sanction a knee-on-knee hit against Ovechkin by Cooke. Hypocrisy at its finest."

there was another one where a pens fan accused the OP of not controlling their emotions by starting the thread and reacting to it, all the op is is a video of the incident and the word Discuss.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#13 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

cooke needs to be ousted from the league. Period.

#14 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=873569

Funny stuff.

Jeez louise. I had to stop after seven pages. Those guys are too much!
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#15 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

I think he might get one game since, from the video, OV looked fine after the hit. Maybe two since Cooke is as repeat an offender as you can get.

Should it matter if he was injured? no!

For example, thats why i have a hard time with the bertuzzi fuss and suspenion over moore. the only reason he got that suspension is cuz of the injury. There have been other sucker punches that could have just as easily caused just as serious injuries, but since the guy didnt get hurt they get a slap on the wrist. Im in no way saying he shouldnt have gotten a lengthy suspenion, but I am saying that other cheapshots should be handled with the same suspensions. If moor hadnt been so seriously injured how long would he have been suspended? and would people still be talking about it like they do today?

and back to cooke, can it accidently happen once and a while? yes of course, but u should still be suspended for a couple games regardless of injuries occuring. but when you do it for the thousandth time you should get suspended for a lengthy amount of time, such as the rest of the season. hes a dirtbag and someone needs to beat his face in! I dont care if he missed the knee which he was prolly going for. This guy has done enough damage to NHL players with his dirty antics. people ***** about avery,and players like him, but cooke is the kind of player that the games doesnt need!

I wonder how many total man games this guy has caused lost due to his s***?

end rant f*** cooke, and the nhl suspension process.

Edited by wings1110, 06 February 2011 - 04:07 PM.

#16 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

This is one of my biggest problems with the NHL's disciplinary philosophy; had Ovechkin tore his ACL or MCL from that very same hit, it would be front page news and people would already be talking about suspensions rivaling anything we've seen thus far this year. However, because Ovechkin was able to get up from the hit without being seriously injured, it's unlikely Cooke gets a suspension at all. Suspensions should be dealt with little regard to resultant injury and a primary focus on the intent.

#17 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Suspensions should be dealt with little regard to resultant injury and a primary focus on the intent.

Seriously. Actions on the ice can affect different people differently. Just because the person affected isn't in the hospital in intensive care, it doesn't make the action any less punishable. Maybe the next time this ******* does it, he may end the guy's career. Will the league step in then? Probably not, but it's worth asking.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#18 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

He should be given three options for discipline for all his plays that have caused injury that have went unpunished:

1. 2 season suspension

2. have the words "Classless *****" branded on him in 10 spots, 2 of which have to be the face

3. Be goalie in the hardest shot competition in every All Star Game until 2020, while in his regular equipment , and Chara is allowed to cork his stick.(if that's possible)

#19 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Should it matter if he was injured? no!

Does injury matter in crimes? Yes. A more serious situation demonstrating this is a drunk driving accident, the drunk driver is going to be hit by the law a lot harder if the person he hits has a serious injury rather than just a totaled car. It may seem to be unfair, but it works out in the end. If Havlat was to be out for a season like Savard, we'd be hardpressed as Wing's fans to want the disciplinary action determined by what the league deems as "intent"

That said Cooke needs a lengthy suspension, this is the 1000th time he's done this. I'm willing to give a break on some of these, but when it happens time after time by the same person it's intent.

#20 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image