• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/9 GDT: Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

It's strange but I remember a few months back when they looked virtually unbeatable over a decent stretch of games... They started slipping before the injuries and things have only gotten worse. Maybe they should start shopping at Staples so they can use that damn Easy button to fix everything.

They were allowing 3-4 goals a night!!! This defense has been piss poor most of this season. I don't know what you guys are watching. It's ridiculous they have to score 4-5 goals a game to win. You must be out of your mind.

Yeah, I agree with you... This team is an embarrassment to watch. Seriously, 2nd in the conference? Unbelievable how crappy it is to watch this team night in and night out. I want to watch a team that is NOT so pathetic every night. I want to watch a team who puts their heart into every game. IMO, Babcock has lost this team. What other explanation is there for giving this piss-poor performance.

It's an interesting thought... one I hadn't really considered. It seems we always hear about coaches losing teams in basketball and football but not so much in hockey (though I'll admit, I generally follow the Wings and not so much the rest of the league). It makes sense when you consider Babcock has been saying the same thing about playing defense, starting on time, etc for the past month and nothing has changed.

I'm sorry but I'm about to be very negative. This team is pathetic. I don't care if they are 2nd or not in the standings. They won't be for long if they keep playing this way. Notice how Nashville has 15 feet of skating room as they bring it in over the blue line into the O-zone, and the Wings are constantly covered with no skating room. The wings get no pressure offensively, and they CONTINUE to turn the puck over in their own zone. This has been going on for months guys.

I am really getting tired of watching this crap. They need to start playing as a freakin team. I really hope Babcock hasn't lost them.

It's strange but I remember a few months back when they looked virtually unbeatable over a decent stretch of games... They started slipping before the injuries and things have only gotten worse. Maybe they should start shopping at Staples so they can use that damn Easy button to fix everything.

Yeah, I agree with you... This team is an embarrassment to watch. Seriously, 2nd in the conference? Unbelievable how crappy it is to watch this team night in and night out. I want to watch a team that is NOT so pathetic every night. I want to watch a team who puts their heart into every game. IMO, Babcock has lost this team. What other explanation is there for giving this piss-poor performance.

can you say in all sincerity that our players do not play with heart and hustle their asses off? what exactly should babcock be doing? making them score? making howard make saves?

Gah, I don't even know where to start. I suppose I could start with Kindl, but that would only be the beginning. Everybody, you can't score if A) you don't have the puck, and B) you're in your own zone all the time. I would like to beat these guys more than once this year, if you don't mind!!

edit: rage-fueled grammar breakdown, sorry

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Again, when you allow 4 goals a night, that's pathetic for this caliber of a team. It's great they were scoring 4 on most night, but you and I both know that winning that way will result in an early playoff exit, and my point is that this problem has been ongoing for months, even during winning streaks, because they were scoring more than they were allowing. But the fact they were allowing 4 goals a game is ridiculous. They put stats up showing it before (not tonight, but in previous games).

I'm happy we are 2nd for now, but I don't know how you can really argue with me on this because we all know when the playoffs start, goals are harder to get, and when you continue to allow 3+, it will end your season real quick.

can you say in all sincerity that our players do not play with heart and hustle their asses off? what exactly should babcock be doing? making them score? making howard make saves?

I never said they weren't playing hard and I don't know what Babcock can do... I think a lot of it comes down to poor decision making which results in turnovers, which keeps the puck in our zone, which tires the guys out faster, etc, etc, etc...

oh nm i see what you did there.

;)

So far the only part I have enjoyed tonight was the clip from last game with Datsyuk bobbing his head to the music..

On a side note up until last game I had almost been impressed with Kindl.. and within a game and a period he has thrown all of that away and I have decided he should sit out immediately.. call up Janik or Meech (Cant believe Im saying that) for a game or two.

Also. Someone start skating. If I wanted to watch people coast around the ice I would go to my local rink on seniors night.

That is all.

EDIT. 2nd Thing I have liked.. Modano's wife.

Edited by GSBrooks13

The wings are giving the preds a ton of room to skate with as they bring the puck into our zone. Explain it.

The wings defense is getting handled while being forechecked. Explain it.

The wings cannot maintain any kind of pressure while on offense. Explain it.

This team is not known for these problems. Why is this going on? The offense was able to hide the flaws previously but as of late it is really exposing the fact that if the wings don't score a lot of goals every night they are going to have problems winning games. This is my point. And this is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs.

I never said they weren't playing hard and I don't know what Babcock can do... I think a lot of it comes down to poor decision making which results in turnovers, which keeps the puck in our zone, which tires the guys out faster, etc, etc, etc...

yeah, i got a little multiquote happy, sorry. :)

it's totally poor decision making. i don't know how to solve that, though.

"stop making poor decisions!"

"OK"

some people here expect perfection or a head on a stick. it's not always going to be pretty, perfect, or easy. you stick with a team because, well, they're your team and you believe in them.

The wings are giving the preds a ton of room to skate with as they bring the puck into our zone. Explain it.

The wings defense is getting handled while being forechecked. Explain it.

The wings cannot maintain any kind of pressure while on offense. Explain it.

What's with the constant non 60-minute efforts? This has been going on a long time.

This team is not known for these problems. Why is this going on? The offense was able to hide the flaws previously but as of late it is really exposing the fact that if the wings don't score a lot of goals every night they are going to have problems winning games. This is my point. And this is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs.

While I understand the impetus to blame the coach when the team out on the ice isn't doing its job, making poor decisions, and generally playing like ass.......there's only so much a coach can do. At the end of the day, these are grown men making in some cases millions of dollars to do this for a living. They know what the hell they're supposed to be doing out there, and Babcock yelling, screaming, and pulling a Bobby Knight isn't going to make them do it any better.

No, it's the players' fault if they aren't doing their jobs. Babcock isn't out there, he's not making the boneheaded moves or letting in weak goals. He's trying to get them NOT to do that.

Edited by Electrophile

Well, I guess we're going to have to settle for a sub-standard 2nd half of the season this year.

We're just not that good of a team right now. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems the coaching staff has to be at least partly to blame for this. We've had maybe 2-3 good outings in our last 20 games, and the rest are just crapfests where we get lucky and get some points in the standings.

No one on the coaching staff thinks we are bad, so they are not going to do anything about it. We'll just have to coast in through the rest of the season and see how we do as the 5-7 seed in the playoffs.

Everyone needs to admit it to themselves...we are spoiled. And one of the problems with that is, not only do we want the Wings to Win, we want/expect them to be Good.

And there it is, 0-3.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Is this team ever going to play well? The division lead will be gone in no time at this rate. They're making Nashville look like the Stanley Cup champions.