• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/11 GDT: Oilers 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

<br />I'm not even sure we can call it great hockey.  Great that they won, but the worrying sign is it takes them 4-5 goals a game to win 4-3 or 5-4.  How many wins this year did they only allow 1-2 goals a game, or even 3?  That's what I am extremely worried about for the playoffs.  We won't be scoring 5 goals a game, we'll be scoring 3 or 4 at most, which means Howard has to keep a 2-2.5 goals against and I am not confident that is going to happen.<br />

well, maybe most of the games werent great, but they showed that they can still play and win. gotta tighten up the D, but they can do it

Edited by nate94gt

Howard doesn't look very good so far. If he continues to fight the puck, it wouldnt be a bad idea to pull him prematurely.

As for this team, they are reaching a new low.

Howard doesn't look very good so far. If he continues to fight the puck, it wouldnt be a bad idea to pull him prematurely.

As for this team, they are reaching a new low.

at least hes fighting something? unlike the rest of them.

well, maybe most of the games werent great, but they showed that they can still play and win. gotta tighten up the D, but they can do it

Unfortunately we've been saying that about the D for months now and I'm not convinced they can turn it on at will during the playoffs. I'd be curious to know the last Cup winner with our current GAA.

Well here we go again? Do we really need any more proof why Howard will not take this team far in the playoffs? Goals like that are pathetic, and he lets in quite a few goals like that consistently throughout the year... we need ozzie.

Other than that, that was a terrible period by the Wings. Franzen is probably the most useless player on the team in the past 15 games... he is so bad lately that he is making Pavs look quiet out there! I want to see Franzen demoted to the 3rd line until he can get his s*** together.

Z- Pavs- Homer

Bert- Fil- Hudler

Cleary- Modano-Franzen

Abdelkator- Helm-Miller

yea, usually a goalies teamates would stand up for him. but ill give the wings a break on that, i wouldnt stand up for a goalie thats a sieve either.

It's probably 2-0 if they stick up for him there.. so I'll give it a pass for that.

Unfortunately we've been saying that about the D for months now and I'm not convinced they can turn it on at will during the playoffs. I'd be curious to know the last Cup winner with our current GAA.

sadly, i agree to a point. its been going on far too long :(

Im gonna hope though :o