• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/17 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

TV off, describe

Trevor: "Mike, real quick, before you go, can you give us a quick update on Pavel and Rafalski?"

Babs: "It looks like Rafs is going to be fine. It looks like Pavel has a little bit of a lower body injury, we're going to look at it and see how it goes."

Mike said Raf is fine, Pavel lower body injury 'being looked at'.

One of the things that I noticed on the initial replay was that Pavel's left foot, as his leg was hit/pushed from behind, was rotated so it was flat sideways against the boards. I'm unusual in that I can rotate my feet 90 degrees to the outside while my legs are straight. Most people's feet cannot rotate like ballerinas. If you look, he also looks down at his foot right after the hit. I wonder if it's an ankle or knee problem due to over-rotation of his foot.

Edited by Gizmo

I'm happy the Wings seem to have gotten the whole defense thing down lately, with a few exceptions.

I'm not too worried about Datsyuk's injury. It didn't looke like anything too serious. He probably just tweaked it and worst case scenario he sits for a game or three to rest it

Was it just me or was this a boring game? I DVRed it and skimmed through most of it (which I rarely do).

Not gonna lie... I was thinking "JMac deserves a shutout tonight" after that first period. Wow dude... I thought goalies only played like that against the Wings! :thumbup:

Meanwhile the Wings tightened up after the first and there was no way Joey would be letting anything past. Well deserved win I'm happy.

I said Joey Mac would stand on his head! Congrats Joey!!!

Hope Pavs and Rafi are okay! Scares the s*** out of me when anyone especially Pavs leaves the ice.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif I was wondering who I read that from yesterday. Cheers for that prediction! You even sidestepped "SHUTOUT" and there it was.

Way to go Joey. I am glad my confidence in players doesn't exactly reflect performances because he was staying big in the net, rebound control was excellent, and he was even there for the real tough ones. I shall eat a bit of crow for saying the things I have said about him. A shutout doesn't make him the new starter but he has half the shutouts Jimmy has now hehe.gif

I missed the game but a friend of mine said there were 2 fights. He is not a hockey fan so maybe it was just scrums. Were there any fights and who was in it?

Miller had a bit of a fight. Basically 20 seconds or so, got 1 good shot in then took him down. Looked like #24's first fight ever.

Beautiful snipe by Flip, MacDonald wall put up, and some Ericsson's giveaways documented hehe.gif

Miller had a bit of a fight. Basically 20 seconds or so, got 1 good shot in then took him down. Looked like #24's first fight ever.

Beautiful snipe by Flip, MacDonald wall put up, and some Ericsson's giveaways documented hehe.gif

This is what's funny to me.

Ericsson's turnover was frustrating. He's too big to get knocked off the puck that easy. But watch the video at the 1:20 mark. There's two brutal Kindl turnovers in a row in the highlights that I guess no one saw? One a completely predictable pass along the blueline that gets cut off. Then the next clip is a tape to tape pass to the wrong team trying to get out of his zone as he was trying to get the puck to Bertuzzi. Ericsson was his defensive partner, so I guess that was his fault somehow. Though honestly they should never be on the ice together.

For all the talk of sitting Ericsson, I just don't think Kindl's ready to pick up his minutes yet. If he keeps developing the way he does, he very well may. But he's still making a fair amount of mistakes too. People are just so happy he's not E that I guess they don't see them.

I guess I'm just so happy neither one is Lebda that I don't have hate for either one.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Ericsson's turnover was frustrating. He's too big to get knocked off the puck that easy. But watch the video at the 1:20 mark. There's two brutal Kindl turnovers in a row in the highlights that I guess no one saw? One a completely predictable pass along the blueline that gets cut off. Then the next clip is a tape to tape pass to the wrong team trying to get out of his zone as he was trying to get the puck to Bertuzzi. Ericsson was his defensive partner, so I guess that was his fault somehow. Though honestly they should never be on the ice together.

For all the talk of sitting Ericsson, I just don't think Kindl's ready to pick up his minutes yet. If he keeps developing the way he does, he very well may. But he's still making a fair amount of mistakes too. People are just so happy he's not E that I guess they don't see them.

I guess I'm just so happy neither one is Lebda that I don't have hate for either one.

I agree that kindl makes mistakes but he's still a rookie in the fastest professional sport. He gets a pass from me for the time being. He has shown that he can play well for multiple games in a row. And remember that we've been spoiled by lidstrom for quite a few years now

Ericsson's turnover was frustrating. He's too big to get knocked off the puck that easy.

My bad. I didn't mention those and I am not in anyway saying Kindl > Ericsson. That was actually not the debate. There aren't any of the turnovers that E had in the game on this video other than cute little head fake then just a nice pirouette to the ground and a quality chance. I watched the game and he had little to no effect with the puck, without the puck. Harold you are a very knowledgeable hockey guy and I would think that aside from this video, which was more or less me showing highlights, you can see that Kindl will most likely take those minutes. It's really the hope that people have for E that they hold onto I guess that makes them still think he can become something it appears he never will.

I agree that kindl makes mistakes but he's still a rookie in the fastest professional sport. He gets a pass from me for the time being. He has shown that he can play well for multiple games in a row. And remember that we've been spoiled by lidstrom for quite a few years now

I agree. I'm not so much knocking Kindl for those turnovers. He's a rookie and there's going to be growing pains. But people talk like he's ready to play 25 minutes a night here. Let's let the kid develop and hopefully have a solid middle pairing guy. Mainly it's just that I think E gets too much hate as a bottom pairing guy.

My bad. I didn't mention those and I am not in anyway saying Kindl > Ericsson. That was actually not the debate. There aren't any of the turnovers that E had in the game on this video other than cute little head fake then just a nice pirouette to the ground and a quality chance. I watched the game and he had little to no effect with the puck, without the puck. Harold you are a very knowledgeable hockey guy and I would think that aside from this video, which was more or less me showing highlights, you can see that Kindl will most likely take those minutes. It's really the hope that people have for E that they hold onto I guess that makes them still think he can become something it appears he never will.

More than hoping he takes E's minutes, I hope they take Salei's. E would need to step up his game for that to happen but I'd much rather have two relatively young, big, cheap d-men than having to go out and get another aging veteran for the bottom pairing. We have enough experience in our blueline that we don't really need that experience there.

For me, Ericsson isn't as bad as people have been saying, but his development has stalled. That's what frustrates me about him. He can look really good for much of a game, then stop moving his feet and lose focus or something and make a stupid play. Whereas Kindl is still making mistakes but because it's his first season that's gonna happen and he still shows a ton of potential.

Honestly if I thought Ericsson was going to be awesome I'd probably be a lot more critical. As a bottom pairing guy, he's mostly fine. I just wish he'd get it together for a full game.

and actually. I probably should be bringing this up in the Ericsson thread and not the GDT. Don't mean to derail it.