• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HankthaTank

Johan Franzen Watch Thread

Rate this topic

I think that his ankle is really slowing him down. Those are tough injuries to play through. Hopefully he will step up in game 3, he is our key threat who takes the focus off D and Z.

Get well soon Mule.

I think that his ankle is really slowing him down. Those are tough injuries to play through. Hopefully he will step up in game 3, he is our key threat who takes the focus off D and Z.

Get well soon Mule.

Did he injure his ankle in February? Franzen scored 5 goals on February 2nd. Since then he has scored 4-13-17 in 34 games, regular season and playoff combined. By comparison, Jiri Hudler scored 7-15-22 in 35 games, regular season and playoff combined. Pavel Datsyuk has scored 13-15-28 in 29 games. Dan Cleary has scored 11-12-23 in 38 games.

Face it. Franzen right now is simply not what he has been during previous runs. It's not the ankle.

Did he injure his ankle in February? Franzen scored 5 goals on February 2nd. Since then he has scored 4-13-17 in 34 games, regular season and playoff combined. By comparison, Jiri Hudler scored 7-15-22 in 35 games, regular season and playoff combined. Pavel Datsyuk has scored 13-15-28 in 29 games. Dan Cleary has scored 11-12-23 in 38 games.

Face it. Franzen right now is simply not what he has been during previous runs. It's not the ankle.

The ankle is certainly not helping.

Let us also ignore the fact he started to heat up in the first round before the injury. Maybe it was Kopecky who really carried him in the playoffs? :hehe:

It's so funny to watch this video of Jamie McClennan years after that cheap shot on Franzen during the Calgary series in 2007.

"He takes abuse in front the net..."

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6&id=129752

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. I saw him talking about how much respect he has for Franzen and whatnot, and I'm thinking, isn't this the guy that gave him a two-hander to the gut?

Though it seemed likely it was under coaches orders. they pull Kipper and then Mclennan goes right to work slashing Mule's leg even before the slash to the gut after the whistle.

I was thinking the same thing. I saw him talking about how much respect he has for Franzen and whatnot, and I'm thinking, isn't this the guy that gave him a two-hander to the gut?

Though it seemed likely it was under coaches orders. they pull Kipper and then Mclennan goes right to work slashing Mule's leg even before the slash to the gut after the whistle.

I wonder how Mule feels about that video, haha. Watch it turns out that they're the best of friends. :hehe: