• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How good would Team Michigan be in the Olympics?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Not quite as much talent as I was expecting going into putting this together...but I still think that we might be able to challenge some of the second-tier countries with our goaltending.

Forwards:

David Booth(38)-Ryan Kesler(64)-David Moss(30)

Chad LaRose(28)-David Legwand(38)-Brian Rolston(29)

Nathan Gerbe(26)-Kevin Porter(22)-Mike Grier(16)

Justin Abdelkader(16)-Mike Modano(14)-Adam Hall(16)

Chris Conner(14)

...Jim Slater(12), Doug Weight(9), Scott Parse(4), T.J. Hensick(2), Drayson Bowman(0)

Defensemen:

Tim Gleason(15)-Brian Rafalski(40)

Andy Greene(21)-James Wisniewski(47)

Alec Martinez(13)-Matt Hunwick-L(12)

Matt Greene-R(9)

...Corey Potter-R(0)

Goalies:

Ryan Miller(.914)

Tim Thomas(.937)

Brent Johnson(.920)

...Peter Mannino(.861)

I think your onto something. I wonder if that's something the NHL would consider, like maybe in place of the World's. I would imagine it would be a huge hit. Minnesota, Michigan, and Massachusetts would probably be the best. Those are the three biggest producers of US born players.

Minnesota

Parise. Mueller. Okposo

Backes. Cullen. Wheeler

Blake. Stoa. Langenbrunner

Carter. Hendricks. Parrish

Bochenski

Byfuglien. Johnson

Goligoski. Martin

McBain. Leopold

Niskanen. Gilbert

Stalock

J. Curry

Weak goaltending, super deep talented blueline, and impact wingers.

Edited by achildr1

I think your onto something. I wonder if that's something the NHL would consider, like maybe in place of the World's. I would imagine it would be a huge hit. Minnesota, Michigan, and Massachusetts would probably be the best. Those are the three biggest producers of US born players.

If there were enough players to justify this, state representation would be awesome. I know I always irrationally support a player from Michigan, honestly. I find out a guy is from Michigan and I keep an eye out on his career. I think that could be huge for boosting the game if people could have easier ways of connecting with specifically local guys.

Team Atlantic Canada.. Doesn't look that impressive but I assume we would win since we have Sid The Kid! :ph34r:

Brad Richards - Sidney Crosby - Michael Ryder

Steve Ott - Brad Marchand - Danny Cleary

Darryl Boyce - Jon Sim - Ryan Clowe

Eric Boulton - James Sheppard - Teddy Purcell

Andrew Gordon

Colin White - Andrew Macdonald

Randy Jones - Adam McQuaid

Adam Pardy - Mark Flood

Joey Macdonald

Drew Macintyre

Team Atlantic Canada.. Doesn't look that impressive but I assume we would win since we have Sid The Kid! :ph34r:

Brad Richards - Sidney Crosby - Michael Ryder

Steve Ott - Brad Marchand - Danny Cleary

Darryl Boyce - Jon Sim - Ryan Clowe

Eric Boulton - James Sheppard - Teddy Purcell

Andrew Gordon

Colin White - Andrew Macdonald

Randy Jones - Adam McQuaid

Adam Pardy - Mark Flood

Joey Macdonald

Drew Macintyre

There is a Provnce called Atlantic? Nice try, REAL provinces only, cant throw a guy in just because he doesn't have enough players to form their own team. That be like the US saying well, there aren't enough players from Florida, so lets form a South Atlantic team so everyone can play... Who are you Gary's other nephew? :lol: Not Enough Newfy's? then they're out... Not enough from Iowa? Out!

I didn't know Kesler was born in Michigan, makes me hate him even more than before. Born in Michigan and he goes to Ohio State of all colleges? That just pisses me off.

Michigan or State didn't pursue him, he wasn't that huge of a scorer under 18 and Ohio State just offered him more. He only played there one season anyhow, Vancouver saw something in him. He has sure outplayed his fellow 1st round CCHA counterpart Jeff Tambellini. Looking at that 1st round, wow! What a draft that was! If only Detroit had a 1st round pick that year, I think it was traded to LA in the Mathieu Schneider deal. Ya, we would have chosen #26 overall, wonder if they would've pick Corey Perry?(he went #28) Probably not, they would've picked Loui Eriksson who went #33, later to Dallas... That would have been more certain than the sun coming up tomorrow!

There is a Provnce called Atlantic? Nice try, REAL provinces only, cant throw a guy in just because he doesn't have enough players to form their own team. That be like the US saying well, there aren't enough players from Florida, so lets form a South Atlantic team so everyone can play... Who are you Gary's other nephew? :lol: Not Enough Newfy's? then they're out... Not enough from Iowa? Out!

I was unaware that you were the judge of who which teams qualified for this fictional tournament, my appologies.. Why wouldn't they want to make the tournament more competitive and have the best possible teams play?.. And there is obviously enough hockey players in each province to make a team, I just focused on active or relatively active NHL players. And what would be wrong with a South Atlantic and s South Pacific team? You're gonna disqualify some of the best players in the NHL just because they don't have enough active NHL players to make a team?

Cities and locations are cool but how about teams made up from guys who have been in jail, arrested, taken part in the NHL substance abuse program etc.... I guess Theo Fleury and Ed Belfour would be on all 3 :lol:

What if the NHL or USA hockey was able to pull off a weekend tournament ever 2 or 3 years. Set it up like the GLI. Michigan vs. Minny always starts off as well as New York vs. Massachusetts. Winners and losers play the next day. Rotate location between the four different states. Just can't think of a catchy name...

Edited by k3sparks

Being from Victoria BC I thought I would add Team BC to the mix:

Lucic, Horcoff, Benn

Brouwer, Kane, Recchi

Ladd, Morrison, Yip

Turris, Niedermayer, Kobasew

Weber, Hamhuis

Keith, Seabrook

Brewer, Georges

Mitchell

Price

LaBabera

Fudged Keith a bit in there as he moved to BC when he was 12 or so.

Edited by nosyt612

Being from Victoria BC I thought I would add Team BC to the mix:

Lucic, Horcoff, Benn

Brouwer, Kane, Recchi

Ladd, Morrison, Yip

Turris, Niedermayer, Kobasew

Weber, Hamhuis

Keith, Seabrook

Brewer, Georges

Mitchell

Price

LaBabera

Fudged Keith a bit in there as he moved to BC when he was 12 or so.

I would add Cracknell on that list :thumbup:

Canada would be really interesting. Any fans from Canada in here willing to draw up lineups?

Here's my version of Team Alberta:

Forwards:

Ryan Smyth - Daymond Langkow - Jarome Iginla

Ray Whitney - Mike Comrie - Shane Doan

Rene Bourque - Tyler Ennis - Kris Versteeg

Mason Raymond - Kyle Brodziak - Devin Setoguchi

Clarke MacArthur, Patrick Eaves

Defencemen:

Scott Niedermayer - Jay Bouwmeester

Dion Phaneuf - Mike Green

Brad Stuart - Braydon Coburn

Chris Phillips

Goaltenders:

Chris Osgood

Chris Mason

Alex Auld

Edited by atodaso

I would add Cracknell on that list :thumbup:

Awesome that Cracknell got his shot in the show this year but I'm not sure who he would replace on the list at this point.