• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Pittsburgh vs. Tampa Bay

Rate this topic

The type of hits that only a couple seasons ago were featured for TSN and ESPN "Top 10" in hits.

The more I see the results of this rule the more it's evident to protect players from being retarded, although, it certainly doesn't address the problem of why Malone is looking down at the ice in prone position to be clocked one. Gotta love confusing and pointless rules.

I saw an interesting interview with Messier... he blames some of it on not hitting enough when kids are young. Says they grow up without knowing the fundamentals and don't have the instincts required to protect themselves. I'm paraphrasing of course... interesting take on a complicated issue.

I saw an interesting interview with Messier... he blames some of it on not hitting enough when kids are young. Says they grow up without knowing the fundamentals and don't have the instincts required to protect themselves. I'm paraphrasing of course... interesting take on a complicated issue.

I've also noticed the kids are also not shown how to give and take a hit the right way.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Nice. It looked like a clean hit live.

If by clean you mean he came from the blind side and went over the top of his head on the follow through. This play at speed on ice level looks like a blind side hit to the head. The Bolts are lucky it was only called an elbow.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Over-under on Pens PPs this period. 3.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Bolts have been on their heels since the start of the period. No surprise that this game is now tied.

Guest Shoreline

Pittsburgh had 3 epic chances to take the lead.

Bolts score!

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Bolts take the lead! What a turn of events after those 2 amazing saves by Roli.

Guest Shoreline

Well, now that Tampa has the lead, time for some penalties against them.

This is entertaining. First look I think I saw a Lightning player push a Pittsburgh defenseman into Fleury.

Interested to see what happened here, Lightning's big guys were in this scrum.

If by clean you mean he came from the blind side and went over the top of his head on the follow through. This play at speed on ice level looks like a blind side hit to the head. The Bolts are lucky it was only called an elbow.

By clean, I mean it looked to me like it was shoulder-to-shoulder from the side.

Sticking up for Malone makes me feel dirty. :) Peace!

Guest Shoreline

Hedman gets 2 minutes in all that for taking a punch to the head. Imagine what penalty Kunitz would get if Hedman took a lesson from the Penguins dive squad. A ref was standing right next to them so saw everything. Quite baffled as to how Hedman gets any penalty here.

Of course, Pittburgh winds up with a power play. Surprise surprise..

Edited by Shoreline