• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 3

Rate this topic

Good response from the wings after last game. They still aren't playing great, but don't forget this is game 7 for the Hawks... so it is hard for the Wings to match that, but they are doing a good job. I thought Ericson had another brutal period... I counted at least 4 turnovers from him alone. Babcock needs to put Lidstrom with Rafi... I cannot stress that enough as Nick often makes plays around the boards with the puck that Stuart seems incapable of completing whereas Rafi can. I also would like to see the lines changed up... they had NO CHEMESTRY.

Also, as I suspected, the officiating was TERRIBLE. They called that holding on Ericson yet they let the Hawks get away with a ton of holding and hooking. The wings will be lucky to even get a powerplay today because we all know the NHL wants those Hawks to make the playoffs... so if the Wings are to win this game, I suspect it will be because of their 5 on 5 play.

Guest Shoreline

Not a bad period as far as giving up goals is concerned.

At first when I saw the water bottle behind Jimmy bounce up I thought Sharp or whoever scored, but thankfully shot it too high. Wings need to get more offensive prowess... Hawks clear it out on them too easy. Right now not enough backing up teammates in the zone when they dump it in, and nobody near the middle of the ice where they always seem to have a Blackhawk to pass it to for exiting their defensive zone without a problem.

And.....2 power plays for Chi and 0 for us.

Both needed to be called. Delay of game and a good hold, I have no problems with that. However I could have called two interference calls on them, but both would have been weak calls.

We know that they aren't going to call as much because they are under the microscope for that one horrible call...

Anyone that thinks that Nick does not deserve the Norris this year is NUTS. He is still the best all around dman in the game, got a huge amount of points, 16 goals, and is still responsible for his amazing defensive plays. You find me a coach that would not want to have Nick Lidstrom to put on the ice in the dying seconds of a must win game. Nick Lidstrom will and should win.

Guest Shoreline

Anyone that thinks that Nick does not deserve the Norris this year is NUTS. He is still the best all around dman in the game, got a huge amount of points, 16 goals, and is still responsible for his amazing defensive plays. You find me a coach that would not want to have Nick Lidstrom to put on the ice in the dying seconds of a must win game. Nick Lidstrom will and should win.

That's true, but no it's not nuts to think that Lids is a long shot for the Norris.